DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 575
0 members and 575 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Hypocrisy Alert: Dianna Feinstein Has A CCW and Carries
Unread
  (#1)
Your Ad Here

Hypocrisy Alert: Dianna Feinstein Has A CCW and Carries - January 2, 2013, 11:43 PM

Sorry, this one is so rich with stink it needed its own thread. Can you believe this woman? She has a brass set on her.
The U.S.S. Hypocrisy just crashed upon our shores like an unmoored boat in a storm.

In keeping with this creed, one would believe they, of all people, for rather obvious reasons given their millennias long history and ongoing persecution and abuse by other religions, ethnicities, and governments, would be of the firm position that a legal citizen should be armed - to teeth if they so desire.

Dianne Feinstein Obtained A Concealed Weapon Permit In 1995 After She Viciously Fought To Ban All Guns

Dianne Feinstein obtained a concealed weapon permit in 1995 because she knew then, and she knows now, that if a madman was ever bent on trying to kill her having a gun and being able to use it would be the ONLY thing that would save her life.

BTW -
Let's see what happens when a government disarms its citizens:

1911 - Turkey bans civilian ownership of firearms. From 1911 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were murdered.

1928 - Germany bans firearms. From 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, the mentally ill & others, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

1929 - The Soviet Union bans firearms. From 1929 to 1953, approximately 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were systematically eliminated.

1935 - China bans firearms. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents were unable to defend themselves and were killed.

1956 - Cambodia bans firearms. From 1975 to 1977, one million "educated" people unable to defend themselves, were murdered.

1964 - Guatemala bans firearms. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and killed.

1970 - Uganda bans firearms. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were exterminated. In one infamous incident, the habitants of a small village took refuge in a church, where every man, woman and child was massacred with guns and machetes as they were unable to physically defend themselves.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Eddie would go ...

January 2, 2013, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
BTW -
Let's see what happens when a government disarms its citizens:

1911 - Turkey bans civilian ownership of firearms. From 1911 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were murdered.

1928 - Germany bans firearms. From 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, the mentally ill & others, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

1929 - The Soviet Union bans firearms. From 1929 to 1953, approximately 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were systematically eliminated.

1935 - China bans firearms. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents were unable to defend themselves and were killed.

1956 - Cambodia bans firearms. From 1975 to 1977, one million "educated" people unable to defend themselves, were murdered.

1964 - Guatemala bans firearms. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and killed.

1970 - Uganda bans firearms. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were exterminated. In one infamous incident, the habitants of a small village took refuge in a church, where every man, woman and child was massacred with guns and machetes as they were unable to physically defend themselves.

1998- UK bans all private gun ownership in wake of their worst school shooting ever. NO school shooting since. All gun crimes down over 53%..

Stupid way to post up 'facts' - you are better than NRA bullshit propaganda Heist. The Holocaust? Really??? lame....very lame.

I am dissapoint. very.

[Additionally the facts on the CCW obtained by Feinstein in your 'source are off by about 20 years. She possessed a concealed weapon permit for a short time beginning in 1976 in response to the New World Liberation Front attacks. Perhaps it would "merit" a thread with a better source and better facts. But hey, "37,609 subscribers daily" can't be wrong can they?]

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.

Last edited by Dutch; January 3, 2013 at 12:04 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

January 3, 2013, 12:10 AM

Although I somewhat agree with your sentiment, particularly about the NRA, I was reading something about UKs violent crime rate going up a lot in the past decade. I'll see if I can find it.

Additionally, it is true that many heinous governmental abuses came after large scale gun bans, but I'm throwing those into the correlation != causation category

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
Unread
  (#4)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

January 3, 2013, 12:15 AM

Here it is

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...89-decade.html

I know, it's the mail. I'd like to see the actual data. I'll google tomorrow

Also important to note ours is still way worse

-Fitz

2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Unread
  (#5)
Eddie would go ...

January 3, 2013, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
Here it is

Culture of violence: Gun crime goes up by 89% in a decade | Mail Online

I know, it's the mail. I'd like to see the actual data. I'll google tomorrow

Also important to note ours is still way worse
and here's CNN saying the contrary:
Dunblane: How UK school massacre led to tighter gun control - CNN.com

Wasn't really the point

Comparing other country's stats and saying that is the reason it will or will not work here is nonsensical at best. Bringing up events such as the Holocaust to support gun ownership is too pathetic for words.

You cannot compare the cultures. Gun ownership is much different here. You could just as easily say "Let's see what happens when a government arms its citizens" and list all the mass shootings in the US. It would be just as nonsensical as Heist's list.

I grow sick of both sides manipulating 'statistics' to promote/attack a gun ban.

Neither side has shown me how that would address the mental health issues out there.

Quote:

Last edited by Dutch; January 3, 2013 at 01:46 AM..
Unread
  (#6)
Your Ad Here

January 3, 2013, 01:45 AM

I'm a little tired, Dutch. Just had to talk a friend out of going over the edge. I can't debate the numbers right now but I will leave you with this until tomorrow.

Guns:
- Good for Mrs. Feinstein when she wants to protect herself or when she enjoys complimentary taxpayer provided security.

- Bad for every other citizen who wants to protect themselves or cannot afford private armed security.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
Eddie would go ...

January 3, 2013, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
I'm a little tired, Dutch. Just had to talk a friend out of going over the edge. I can't debate the numbers right now but I will leave you with this until tomorrow.

Guns:
- Good for Mrs. Feinstein when she wants to protect herself or when she enjoys complimentary taxpayer provided security.

- Bad for every other citizen who wants to protect themselves or cannot afford private armed security.
I care not about Feinstein - I doubt she is any better than any of the other elected idiots with their partisan posturing (working all night till 2 am to get a deal done...really??? heroes for sure)

I was responding to your list of 'facts' about other countries . Not well thought out at all.

Glad you were able to help your friend out

Quote:
Unread
  (#8)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

January 3, 2013, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post

and here's CNN saying the contrary:
Dunblane: How UK school massacre led to tighter gun control - CNN.com

Wasn't really the point

Comparing other country's stats and saying that is the reason it will or will not work here is nonsensical at best. Bringing up events such as the Holocaust to support gun ownership is too pathetic for words.

Point of order, Dutch. It's precisely why the 2nd amendment exists... A last ditch defense against government tyranny...

Of course, you're right. Both sides are missing the boat on mental health

-Fitz

2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Unread
  (#9)
Eddie would go ...

January 3, 2013, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
Point of order, Dutch. It's precisely why the 2nd amendment exists... A last ditch defense against government tyranny...
Arguing that an armed Jewish population could have prevented Hitler and the Holocaust is a fool's errand...(my reference to the OP, not you)

While I appreciate your historical perspective on 2A, I'm willing to bet that most that are concerned about their rights being infringed upon are going by the interpretation as rendered by the Supreme Court in 2008.

Quote:
Unread
  (#10)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

January 3, 2013, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post

Arguing that an armed Jewish population could have prevented Hitler and the Holocaust is a fool's errand...(my reference to the OP, not you)

While I appreciate your historical perspective on 2A, I'm willing to bet that most that are concerned about their rights being infringed upon are going by the interpretation as rendered by the Supreme Court in 2008.
Yes, it is a ridiculous comparison in scale, but certainly not completely off base

That's all I was saying.

I think the example people should be usin is the LA riots, if they want a modern, realistic justification for semi auto weapons . I'll post more later.

Sinus surgery yesterday and at work today

-Fitz

2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Unread
  (#11)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

January 3, 2013, 09:03 AM

OK... So here's why I think most of the "holocaust might have gone differently if it weren't for gun control" shit is mostly bogus...

Both the gun control, and the human rights abuses, are SYMPTOMS. The gun control isn't a cause. It's idiotic to suggest it. Any population that allows itself to be stripped of its right to self defense already has lost the will to resist their government.

Will is more important than tools. Give every german citizen a Kar 98, and the holocaust still would have happened. Why? Because the German people had already Surrendered to the will of the state. Industries nationalized, state control of many things, etc. These people were brainwashed and willing to do anything Hitler wanted.They were so far down the "just following orders" rabbithole...

Gun control didn't cause the holocaust. Gun control was a SYMPTOM of the societal disease that led to the holocaust. Saying guns would have prevented it assumes that the german people had the will to fight their government, and they didn't.

As for semi autos, fast rate of fire and high capacity magazines can be very useful in civil unrest. There's an article here that's a pretty good narrative from the point of view of someone who was involved in the riots. I distinctly remember footage of asian shopkeepers with "assault weapons". Their stores were left alone while guys like reginald had their heads beaten in.

Jew Without a Gun

yes, it's biased. Yes, it's a screenwriter. Still a good read.

Anyways, as you said earlier, Dutch, both sides are missing the point. And the idiotic comparisons and statistics don't help either side.

Obviously we need to figure out the mental health aspect. I'm no expert. I have no solutions there, but would support one that met my earlier mentioned (in another thread) criteria.

On the gun rights side, I support an additional "tier" of CCW licensing. States are allowed, for example, to authorize carry on school grounds. The federal law allows for it.

I'd support a "CCW+" tier of licensing that removes many of the state level restrictions, allowing carry into sporting events, schools, etc. However, WITH that tier would come significant extra training (at the applicant's expense) in marksmanship, active shooter training, crisis management, and use of force law.

-Fitz

2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Unread
  (#12)
Railing!

January 3, 2013, 09:22 AM

I will say it then, and I will say it now.

I kind of hope they ban all firearms, and motorcycles for that matter, because then I would have 0 respect for anyone in this nation that is not a criminal, or openly rebelling, and I would become a career criminal myself. No longer would I have to be burdened with the weight of knowing I could not respect myself if I was a crime lord, for there are decent honest respectable people in the country, and you do not rob mom and pop. When the government turns you 100% into sheep and cattle, not just 90%, I will go over the other side. sorry folks, thems the realities. Drug trafficking HERE I COME.

the above post, and all posts I make, are purely for entertainment purposes, and are in no way factual or accurate. I would never do such things. I am a good citizen, and I would never knowingly break any laws.
Unread
  (#13)
The last urrbendah

January 3, 2013, 09:30 AM

In the midst of an intelligent debate, one faggot will always poke their head up and cry out "Here is my anus! Deliver thy penis unto it!".

I'm going to call it Dutch's Law because it always seems to happen in his threads.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
Unread
  (#14)
Eddie would go ...

January 3, 2013, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
In the midst of an intelligent debate, one faggot will always poke their head up and cry out "Here is my anus! Deliver thy penis unto it!".

I'm going to call it Dutch's Law because it always seems to happen in his threads.
Gem will be angry and or jealous

also, it's Heist's thread - use his anus

Quote:
Unread
  (#15)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

January 3, 2013, 09:37 AM

HERP DERP WHEN GUNS ARE OUTLAWD, I"LL JUST BE A WARLORD

lol.

By the time guns are outlawed, all mine will have been lost in a tragic boating accident. I won't be mounting a resistance, because I'll be too busy taking my family into a rural state with low population and lots of wildlife. Probably alaska.

Being there for my daughter is more important than trying to live out some kind of hero fantasy.

-Fitz

2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!