DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 507
0 members and 507 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
I could never be a bike messenger in NYC
Unread
  (#1)
Site ADMIN

I could never be a bike messenger in NYC - March 23, 2007, 09:30 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR2ygFn-yR8

Wow! Crazy mofo's

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#2)
Agitator

March 23, 2007, 09:41 AM

I think I saw kevin bacon! ....no wait, that was SF

Marc
CCS Amateur #851
2001 Ducati 850RS
2006 SV650 Racebike
2010 CBR1000RR

...and because sometimes you want to go fast, but need 4 wheels:
2009 Nissan GT-R
2003 Nissan 350Z (for sale, $11k OBO)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to birdman  
Unread
  (#3)
Meh

March 23, 2007, 10:39 AM

Those dudes ought to be run over..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Site ADMIN

March 23, 2007, 10:40 AM

i know right, but looks like no one is bothered by them.

crazy!

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#5)
tang ama ka !!!!!!!

March 23, 2007, 10:51 AM

that's crazy
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to totnac  
Unread
  (#6)
Contributes nothing

March 23, 2007, 10:54 AM

sweet job!

-Craig

Confusing the issue, since before you were ugly.

Woody: i'd probably bang her if she didn't look like a man

spud: yeah, i was checking out dicks
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to yzl337  
Unread
  (#7)
back.

March 23, 2007, 11:33 AM

ahah that guy put his knee out when turning.

seriously tho i'd rather ride my bicycle through DC traffic than my car or motorcycle. .. it's kinda scary sometimes.. cars really don't see you...helps teach me awareness and def helps balance since i have those super skinny tires.... i like commuting by bike.

may the force be with you

Unread
  (#8)
Asleep at the wheel!

March 23, 2007, 11:57 AM

That is some crazy chit for sure.

'82 Honda CB750 f Supersport
'03 Suzuki SV650s
'05 Yamaha TTR 125 LE
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to SquirrelHead Send a message via AIM to SquirrelHead Send a message via MSN to SquirrelHead Send a message via Skype™ to SquirrelHead 
Unread
  (#9)
Red Sox Nation

March 23, 2007, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.me
ahah that guy put his knee out when turning.

seriously tho i'd rather ride my bicycle through DC traffic than my car or motorcycle. .. it's kinda scary sometimes.. cars really don't see you...helps teach me awareness and def helps balance since i have those super skinny tires.... i like commuting by bike.
Right, I lived in NYC for 3 years and the behavior there is different. People drive fast and in control where here people drive fast and out of control. It's very easy to predict what a car is going to do in nova... most of the time. The only thing those dudes probably need to look out for are people crossing the street beyond a crosswork or in the middle of the block.

Yankees Suck
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to -yz-  
Unread
  (#10)
Ling Long

March 23, 2007, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch
Those dudes ought to be run over..
Why's that? They don't harm anything and don't break any laws.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#11)
Site ADMIN

March 23, 2007, 12:28 PM

i believe bikers are supposed to follow the same traffic laws...well at least the traffic lights anyway..

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#12)
BOHICA

March 23, 2007, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud
i believe bikers are supposed to follow the same traffic laws...well at least the traffic lights anyway..
Yup, and for the most part, messengers do follow the rules of the road. However, this is a race and they do things slightly less by the books.

I found another one that takes place in Dublin, Ireland and you'll see many of the same risks being taken.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...34&q=sprockets

Messengers are nuts. They use handlebars barely the width of their shoulders so they fit between cars easier and routinely hitch a ride on trucks and cars to buy themselves some extra time, faster speed and less need to peddle.

Freakin' nuts.

'05 SV
'05 SSR 125 SB-A
'98 Impreza RS

Member of the 72% Club
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to AJ711  
Unread
  (#13)
Nice & Smooth

March 23, 2007, 12:42 PM

Those guys have some serious awareness and control of their bikes. Can you imagine if everyone who rode a motorcycle had that kind of awareness/control???

Not to mention being in incredible shape- can you imagine doing that all day long 5 days a week as your full time job???
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to prkid424  
Unread
  (#14)
Meh

March 23, 2007, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoMatt
Cutting in front of cabs like that.....they are just asking to get run over.
Unread
  (#15)
Site Owner

March 23, 2007, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoMatt
Er, count the number of red lights they run. Or crosswalks they blaze through inches from the pedestrians.

And the number of cars they haphazardly grab onto to get a speed boost. I can only imagine the number of cars they damage when squeezing through them by scraping pedals or hard parts on them.

I would be livid if some livestrong douche on a bicycle grabbed onto my car and scratched it up.

Share the road, my ass.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper