DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 562
3 members and 559 guests
davidcycle, GRN96WS6, Nobrains
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
I foiled a bad guy and props to PWC police
Unread
  (#1)
I hate Hybrid drivers

I foiled a bad guy and props to PWC police - July 11, 2008, 10:40 AM

Wednesday night I jump into bed and I see headlights in my window from someone turning around in my cul-de-sac off of Silverdale Rd in Dale City. My street is really small and only has 5 houses so if you are turning around in it at midnight something is up. So I get up and stand looking out the window. The guy parks on the street right past my driveway, gets out, gets a black sweatshirt out of the back of his older green Ford Expedition with West VA dealer tags, puts it on and starts running around in my neighbors yards and hiding behind bushes. So I call the police and tell them.

A few minutes later 3 cop cars show up with 4 officers and they are shining their lights all over the place. I go outside to tell them what I saw. We walk around a little bit then I go in and they keep looking around. They looked in the windows of his truck and the keys are in it. They stay for a while and continue to look around.

Then a girl from down the street walks up and says that she saw this same truck the other night when her friend’s cars got broken into. She called the police the other day with a partial plate number. West VA dealer tags look just like VA’s regular tags so she thought it was VA tags so the cops never got a tag match. So she positively ID’s the truck as being the one. So the cops got a search warrant and looked in his truck. Then a tow truck pulls up and they loaded it up and impounded it. The cops told me that Sunday or Monday someone broke into a bunch of cars along Silverdale Rd. in Dale City and stole $5,000 worth of stuff. They are pretty sure it was this guy. So now they have his truck. They never found him. If any of you have a friend missing a Ford Expedition tell him the PWC cops have it.

The cops did a great job. I thought they would just come out, shine their lights around a little then leave. But they stayed for about 3 hours. I went to bed at 3am and they were still in the area.

So keep your eyes open kids. People do desperate things in desperate times.

If you live in Prince William County the non emergency number is 703-792-6500, it goes to the dispatch and that is the number I use when I see shady people.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Groundhogs can play dead

July 11, 2008, 10:42 AM

Good job!

Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Typical Stripper

July 11, 2008, 10:43 AM

Good on you for being an ideal neighbor.

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
someone adopt a newb

July 11, 2008, 10:45 AM

HA. I used to have to call that number once a week when I was running papers. Either people were passed out drunk and bleeding....or I heard gun fire. Yeah. I had a great route in Manasshole. Good one on your part though.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to flynmnky  
Unread
  (#5)
God Made Me Wrong

July 11, 2008, 10:45 AM

"Always question those who are certain of what they are saying." - Elie Wiesel

When the time comes to leave, just walk away quietly and don't make any fuss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfinch
Why does SnoopDogg carry an umbrella?...Fo' drizzle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper
Stop putting shit in my papusa!
When people I don't even know don't like me, I figure I'm doing something right.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Bexxx Send a message via AIM to Bexxx  
Unread
  (#6)
singin sweet home alabama

July 11, 2008, 10:55 AM

Gimme my Expedition back bish!!! I had to walk all the way home from Dale City!

Snitches get stitches!

Good lookin' out man!

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#7)
Triple Secks

July 11, 2008, 11:05 AM

nice story!

if im up late on the computer, i have a habit of getting up and looking out the front window (from the game room) if i see car lights in the parking lot.

I believe i can see the future;
because everyday i repeat the
same routine.
Unread
  (#8)
making it do what it do!!

Thumbs up July 11, 2008, 11:08 AM

THIEF...PLEASE REPORT TO PWC!!! THOUGH...GREAT WORK!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MANIMAL  
Unread
  (#9)
DAS BOOT

July 11, 2008, 11:11 AM

that's awesome!! Good on you!

Wow. Just..................wow.
Unread
  (#10)
Contributor

July 11, 2008, 11:25 AM

Awesome mang!

2006 Yamaha R6
2008 Zuma YW50

Semper Fi
MARRC Cornerworker
NESBA #707
CCS AM #991
www.marrc.org
www.cornerspeed.net
www.rnrcycles.com VA
www.trianglecycles.com NC/VA

Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/27068503@N05/
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Lucky  
Unread
  (#11)
Super Moderator

July 11, 2008, 11:25 AM

FRIKIN AWESOME!

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#12)
need more knee down

July 11, 2008, 11:37 AM

Back in May while i was in greece someone broke into my gf's backyard (6' perimeter fence, they pulled the hinge bolts and opened the locked gate) and took our two dogs (mutt shepard/collie and pure bred beagle). Luckly it must of been shortly after that my gf went to call then and saw the gate was ghetto fubar and called the cops. PWC shows up and gets a call from another patrol car that some guy was walking with a beagle in his hand and a white dog on a string about 2 blocks or so from her house but when the patrol car made a u-turn he ditched the dogs and bolted. Of course the dogs were all fucked up and ran from the cop when he tried to call them. They showed up an hour later trotting down the street. I've since installed 3 motion sense flood lights out back and a custom 2x4 supported brace to hold the gate door to the two supporting beams.

Apparently the one cop said alot of people are stealing dogs and such and selling them on craigslist to make a quick buck thanks to this ish economy.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to LVegaJr Send a message via AIM to LVegaJr Send a message via Skype™ to LVegaJr 
Unread
  (#13)
BOHICA

July 11, 2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVegaJr
Apparently the one cop said alot of people are stealing dogs and such and selling them on craigslist to make a quick buck thanks to this ish economy.
That is, by far, one of the most f'ed up things I've ever heard of. There is a special place in hell for these types of schmucks.

OP, good on ya for being alert.

'05 SV
'05 SSR 125 SB-A
'98 Impreza RS

Member of the 72% Club
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to AJ711  
Unread
  (#14)
Typical Stripper

July 11, 2008, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ711
That is, by far, one of the most f'ed up things I've ever heard of. There is a special place in hell for these types of schmucks.

OP, good on ya for being alert.
+1 - What the fuck is wrong with people.

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#15)
Que se jodan!!

July 11, 2008, 11:56 AM

Well done, David - way to be alert!

Whisper
"Speak quietly and carry a big stick."
2014 BMW S1000RR
2006 GSXR 1000 - Street (Sold)
2005 GSXR 1000 - Track (Sold - I hate you, Paul)
2010 YZ250F -Motocross in Mexico (I still hate Yamahas)

Men are qualified for civil liberties in exact proportion to their disposition to put moral chains upon their appetites: in proportion as their love of justice is above their rapacity...Society cannot exist, unless a controlling power upon will and appetite be placed somewhere; and the less of it there is within, the more there must be without. It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters. ~Edmund Burke, Political Theorist and Philosopher

Some of us are lions, but even lions can be crushed under the elephant of bad management.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Whisper