DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 543
2 members and 541 guests
davidcycle, Speed3
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
I hate the media
Unread
  (#1)
DT
Yesssssss.....

I hate the media - July 1, 2007, 09:17 AM

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070701/...as/afghanistan

By NOOR KHAN, Associated Press Writer 53 minutes ago

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan - An investigation into airstrikes that slammed into Afghan homes where Taliban fighters sought shelter found that 62 insurgents and 45 civilians were killed, two Afghan officials said Sunday.
An investigating team was sent to Helmand province's Gereshk district, where fighting took place between insurgents and Western forces late Friday, said Dur Ali Shah, the mayor of Helmand province's Gereshk district, and Mohammad Hussein Andewal, the provincial police chief.
NATO's International Security Assistance Force has acknowledged some civilians were killed in the southern battle but has said the death toll was nowhere near as high as Afghan officials have claimed.
Because of the battle site's remote location, it was impossible to independently verify the casualty claims. Afghan officials said fighter jets and ground forces were still patrolling the region and that the fighting continued into Saturday.
Meanwhile, a suicide attacker on foot blew himself up near a convoy of British forces in Gereshk district on Sunday, wounding several Afghans, an Associated Press reporter at the scene said.
The battle on Friday began when Taliban fighters tried to ambush a joint U.S.-Afghan military convoy, then fled to Hyderabad village for cover, said Helmand provincial Police Chief Mohammad Hussein. Airstrikes then targeted the militants in the village.
Shah said late Saturday that 50 to 60 civilians and 35 Taliban fighters had been killed but changed his casualty figures on Sunday, citing the investigation.
Maj. John Thomas, a spokesman for NATO's International Security Assistance Force, said the military had no information "to corroborate numbers that large." He said NATO would not fire on positions if it knew civilians were nearby.
"It's the enemy fighters who willingly fire when civilians are standing right next to them," he said.
Civilian deaths have infuriated Afghans. President Hamid Karzai has condemned the forces for carelessness and viewing Afghan lives as "cheap." He also has blamed the Taliban for using civilians as human shields.
The U.S.-led coalition said the airstrikes were in response to attacks on a joint Afghan-coalition patrol.
"It appears that ANA (Afghan National Army) and coalition forces fired at clearly identified firing positions," said Maj. Chris Belcher, a coalition spokesman. "Remains of some people who apparently were civilians were found among insurgent fighters who were killed in firing positions in a trench line."
Belcher accused militants of hiding among civilians.
Hyderabad resident Mohammad Khan said the airstrikes killed seven members of his family, including his brother and five of his brother's children.
Villagers were burying a "lot of dead bodies" Saturday, he said by telephone.

This is war. If you don't like it, go home. I didn't see anyone reporting on the Taliban's most recent campaign of sawing people's faces off while their family members listened on the phone OR of the two Taliban who raped and murdered 4 10 year old Afghani girls on their way to school. Their reason??? "They are women - they should not be going to school."

If you don't want to be killed, DON'T HARBOR THE TALIBAN. It's quite simple - I give a damn what sex or age you are - if you're standing next to the bad guys when we roll through, you're getting f^cked up. What I would REALLY LOVE TO DO is just line up every reporter over here, put a bullet in their head and drop them in a ditch. These boys are over here giving it all they've got but they're still the "bad guys."

Not to mention that the reporter for this article is Noor Khan?? Yeah... he's not from Helmund...

Sorry all - just pisses me off and I had to get off my chest.

04 600RR - SOLD

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton Jr

Last edited by DT; July 1, 2007 at 09:20 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DT Send a message via AIM to DT Send a message via MSN to DT Send a message via Skype™ to DT 
Unread
  (#2)
Railin????

July 1, 2007, 10:34 AM

I feel ya man. I don't get into politics anymore because of shit like this. We're always out to fuck ourselves when stuff like this happens. It's like our government expects us to play the "kindler, gentler" war. There's no such thing as kickin ass and asking questions later anymore.

-Apple
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8vgumby
Sorry, not all of us bobsledded out of our mother's crotch with a craftsmen tool set strapped to our foreheads.
RIP Eric Wynn (TheIrishGuy) I miss you brother!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Apple  
Unread
  (#3)
whoa preppy......

July 1, 2007, 12:11 PM

I am with you 100% DT.

2018 XSR700
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
2019 Janus Halcyon
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

July 1, 2007, 12:21 PM

The media is controlled by Liberals, what do you expect.
none of this would have happened if Bush would ahve had the balls that Reagan had.
Reagan whould have retaliated on on Iraq and Afghanistan the same day of 9/11.
Libya never gave us any grief after Reagan did his job.
I say we take out troops out and just nuke the hell out of them.

Buell (American Motorcycles)
"Had enough rice? Try some apple pie."
  Send a message via AIM to