DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 558
0 members and 558 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
I have a credit problem
Unread
  (#1)
Traction Control

I have a credit problem - May 21, 2012, 05:48 PM

Short story:

I had a credit card, paid to $0 balance very soon after opening with no problems.

A year later, I was hit with an annual fee, and didn't know it.

3 months delinquent and $160. I paid to 0 immediately.

We ran my credit today for a home loan. I have a 90 day delinquency for that account.

It isn't right. I didn't know about that fee and now it disqualifies me for certain home loans. I have ZERO delinquencies in my past and no other credit problems. but this one incident destroyed me.

What can I do?

I'm on the phone trying to get the credit company to report it as an error.

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini

Last edited by Tecknojoe; May 21, 2012 at 05:55 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Tecknojoe  
Unread
  (#2)
Traction Control

May 21, 2012, 05:58 PM

I just got off the phone with the credit card company:

They are filing a dispute to report it NOT as a delinquency, because ALL of the money that was owed was only fees and not from me spending.

Does this type of action erase the delinquency and return my credit as if this incident never happened?????

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
Unread
  (#3)
need more knee down

May 21, 2012, 06:36 PM

Yes, I had an issue with one of my student loans. Lender sent me a payment even though I was in school and deferred. Several long phone calls, threats and some ignorant cusotmer service reps later I had a 60 day delinquency removed and a letter for my CU showing it was in process to be removed. Right after insurance, lenders are the worse.

~Lou
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to LVegaJr Send a message via AIM to LVegaJr Send a message via Skype™ to LVegaJr 
Unread
  (#4)
Traction Control

May 21, 2012, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVegaJr View Post
Yes, I had an issue with one of my student loans. Lender sent me a payment even though I was in school and deferred. Several long phone calls, threats and some ignorant cusotmer service reps later I had a 60 day delinquency removed and a letter for my CU showing it was in process to be removed. Right after insurance, lenders are the worse.
So would it be worth it to get a statement from the credit card company saying that they submitted a dispute and it's already in the works?

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
Unread
  (#5)
100% Kawasaki Biased

May 21, 2012, 06:53 PM

Yup, once the creditor updates the bureau(s) you should be in good shape again. You should double check your records at the bureaus after the update though to make sure the update was recorded correctly (it can take a few weeks).

You can live in your car, but you can't race your house.

'07 ZX-10R - 156 RWHP/182 MPH
'09 KX450F - VCHSS 29F
'85 ZL-900 Eliminator
'01 Ninja 250 (Sold)
'06 636 (Sold)
'99 ZX-6R (Sold)
'94 Ninja 250 (Sold)
'99 YZ-250 (Sold)
'73 CL 450 (Sold)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6Jpc...eature=related
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/H...bud_408656.htmfeature=related

The difference between men and boys is that boys make excuses and men make changes.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
need more knee down

May 21, 2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecknojoe View Post
So would it be worth it to get a statement from the credit card company saying that they submitted a dispute and it's already in the works?
Yes, cus i don't trust some smuck in their "we fucked up and are so lazy to fix it" department to get everything done in a expedited fashion.

~Lou
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to LVegaJr Send a message via AIM to LVegaJr Send a message via Skype™ to LVegaJr 
Unread
  (#7)
Suddenly Superstitious!!!

May 21, 2012, 07:14 PM

Banks have very little incentive to reporting good news and fixing mistakes. Bad credit = the ability to charge more for the same loan.

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....Chileeeeee's bay back...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MudDawg  
Unread
  (#8)
Your Ad Here

May 21, 2012, 07:32 PM

Annual enrollment fees do not count against your credit score because it is not a purchase.
Had this problem with AMEX once. It was fixed but the fix took 90 days.
Credit bureaus do NOT move with expediency.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
need more knee down

May 21, 2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Annual enrollment fees do not count against your credit score because it is not a purchase.
nor do the CC or lenders that fuck up to begin with. Most banks accept a written letter from the lender saying they fucked up and are processing the removal of the issue so I'd def get that Joey so you can move on your house stuff.

~Lou
Unread
  (#10)
Your Ad Here

May 21, 2012, 07:48 PM

Yes, the problem is only exacerbated by the fact that you have to make sure all 3-agencies are notified and the changes append to each of your credit scores.

It's time to demand that a law be passed that reporting must be accurate - and if a mistake is made, once verified, all agencies must make corrections within 5 business days.

Each day after the 5th that it is not corrected, the reporter and the reporting agency incurs a $2 fine for every point the score went down.

If a creditor can take my credit score down in with a single push of a button, they should be able to correct my score with the push of an opposite button. Not file a report and then I have to wait around and twiddle my thumbs for a quarter for a new report.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Last edited by Heist; May 21, 2012 at 08:38 PM..
Unread
  (#11)

May 21, 2012, 08:11 PM

Damn. I actually have to agree with Heist. WTH???

Unread
  (#12)
Your Ad Here

May 21, 2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudDawg View Post
Damn. I actually have to agree with Heist. WTH???
Just like yesterday was a solar eclipse, from time to time it happens.

Unread
  (#13)

May 21, 2012, 08:52 PM

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Double damn!!!

Unread
  (#14)
EFI - 07/C2

May 21, 2012, 09:51 PM

Since you're not using that CC, why not get one with no annual fee and close the one that keeps biting you? The only reason for a card with a fee is if you're using it regularly and getting some added value for it.

I have one card with an annual fee - an AmEx Blue Cash - but I pay it knowing that the increased cash back percentage I get on gas and groceries will cover that fee in just a few months of usage. It also gets paid off every month. My other card doesn't have an annual fee, and it's only for backup in case the store doesn't accept AmEx.

http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com/ - EFI, LLC - Custom Precision Rifles, Gunsmithing, & Machine Gun Rentals

http://www.TankVest.com/ - Attach MOLLE gear to your KLR, KTM, or VStrom gas tank

Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her, but once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game.
- Voltaire
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#15)
Traction Control

May 21, 2012, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Since you're not using that CC, why not get one with no annual fee and close the one that keeps biting you? The only reason for a card with a fee is if you're using it regularly and getting some added value for it.

I have one card with an annual fee - an AmEx Blue Cash - but I pay it knowing that the increased cash back percentage I get on gas and groceries will cover that fee in just a few months of usage. It also gets paid off every month. My other card doesn't have an annual fee, and it's only for backup in case the store doesn't accept AmEx.
It only did this once, and I closed it immediately when I had to pay their bullshit fees. Then they tried to charge an extra 2.50 the next day so the account would go overdue again1!!!! I made them wipe that shit out too. It's been closed now but the damage on my report fucked my house buying thing up for a few months now.

Quote:
Yes, the problem is only exacerbated by the fact that you have to make sure all 3-agencies are notified and the changes append to each of your credit scores.

It's time to demand that a law be passed that reporting must be accurate - and if a mistake is made, once verified, all agencies must make corrections within 5 business days.

Each day after the 5th that it is not corrected, the reporter and the reporting agency incurs a $2 fine for every point the score went down.

If a creditor can take my credit score down in with a single push of a button, they should be able to correct my score with the push of an opposite button. Not file a report and then I have to wait around and twiddle my thumbs for a quarter for a new report.
Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVegaJr View Post
nor do the CC or lenders that fuck up to begin with. Most banks accept a written letter from the lender saying they fucked up and are processing the removal of the issue so I'd def get that Joey so you can move on your house stuff.
Word I'll get on that tomorrow. thanks

Quote:
Yea that's bullshit. It took them 1 day to FUCK ME UP, and now it'll take ooooooooooo 90 fucking days? And it's not even supposed to be shown as a delinquency in the first place!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so frustrated because even though i'm not jumping out of my pants to get into a house, I just didn't know about this until I actually went to consider a home loan again.

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini

Tags
not funny