DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 547
1 members and 546 guests
fxc3700
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

April 25, 2003, 08:22 PM

While watching a special on the environment, I had an epiphany, (www.dictionary.com for those that need it) and realized the cause and solution for our Global Warming dilemma.

It is a well document fact that oour average global temperature has risen 1.8 degrees over the last 100 years. While this may seem trivial to some, it is has dire potential. If the average temperature rises too far, then the Artic ice will melt and raise the sea level by several feet. So what, you say. Well, if that happens Florida goes under. If THAT happens, where do you think all those near dead geritol poppers are gonna go? That's right, they will stay home with their kids. We can't have that ladies and gentlemen.

The cause:
In 1900, the world population was approximately 1,550,000,000. Right now, the world population is 6,330,680,690. Of course in the time it took me to type that number, it went up to 6,330,680,866. Anyway, the average person has a body temperature of 98.6 degrees. That is a core temperature measured at one spot, not a total heat load overall for that person. See, if you compare temperature, to pressure, it is like PSI, pounds per square inch. A 100lb cube that is 10"x10"x10", has a surface area of 100 sq. inches contacting the ground, and is only applying 1lb PSI. Although the total amount of force is 100lb of force. Apply that concept to temperature in the human body. The average person has 3000 sq. inches of skin. That is 3000 points at which you can measure a temperature of 98.6 deg. So the total amount of heat is quiet a bit. That is 3000 sq. inches of skin that is emitting heat. Heat is transfered to the environment in 4 ways, perspiration, convection, conduction, and radiation. The total surface area of the skin affects all four of those heat transference rates. More skin equals a greater heat transference. Additionally, every square inch of skin has 20 feet of blood vessels.

What does all this have to do with Global Warming? Obesity is causing Global Warming. Big Fat Fuckers have too much skin that is transfering too much heat to the environment. Every additional square inch of skin is transfering heat through convection, conduction, radiation, and evaporation. Every additional square inch of skin requires tubby's heart to pump more blood, which reguires more energy. Burning more energy generates more heat. Tubby burns more energy moving his carcass up the same flight of stairs as someone of average weight. GENERATING MORE HEAT!!!!! The total surface area of a 300 pounder vs. a 180 pounder is enormous.

My solution is to put the tubbies in pools of salt water on treadmills. Use their heat for desalinization of ocean water. This will generate fresh water for desert areas. As a result of this measure, many will find a new incentive to reduce their caloric intake and thus save the planet. Some may find this harsh treatment, but we have to save the planet. So drastic measures are called for.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
boxing twins

April 25, 2003, 08:54 PM

Did you start sniffing glue again?

-- Chris
BMW R1100s
(previous rides: '82 KTM250, '95 CBR600F3, '98 Buell S3T, 2000 Hayabusa, 2008 R1200R)

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -- Arthur C. Clarke
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to hayabusafiend  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

April 25, 2003, 08:59 PM

Start? Again?

[Edited on 26/4/2003 by GoGoGadget]
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

April 25, 2003, 09:46 PM

Good theory, Todd. I have a little bit to add to that if I may...

The average vehicle is designed for optimal performance when operated by the average sized man. Put an obese person behind the wheel suddenly that vehicle is operating under heavy/harsh conditions. It is now struggling to perform... Because the vehicle is now working harder, it is burning more of our precious fossil fuels and throwing more hydrocarbons into the air thus depleting our ozone layer and contributing even more to global warming.

Helen
Mom of Donovan,
a GNCC and VCHSS racer

2013 Sponsors: Munn Racing, KTM-Parts.com, Sunstar, ONE Industries, 661, Sunline, Tag Metals, Cycra, Asterisk, Leatt, GoPro, Twin Air, Factory Backing and Mom & Dad

Helen's Facebook
WillowRowRacing Facebook
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to SxyRdr Send a message via AIM to SxyRdr  
Unread
  (#5)
Knee Draggin!

April 25, 2003, 10:54 PM

You both need to get out of the house

I know I wasn't doing 205 your honor, because my bike topped out at 145 last week......" *pauses* "I need NAWS."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onenamlynn Send a message via AIM to onenamlynn  
Unread
  (#6)
GP Racer

April 25, 2003, 11:27 PM

the government is,....

even now,
conducting preliminary experiments,
along these lines,....

stay tuned for details,
as they become available...

`werd

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the president,
or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not
only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the
American public.” -Theodore Roosevelt
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to OneFunR6  
Unread
  (#7)
Banned

April 26, 2003, 11:11 AM

yeah, think of all the extra food they eat and waste, cause no one needs to be fat, all the extra energy they abuse, fat people ruin everything
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to pip666  
Unread
  (#8)
Has an idiot exemption

April 26, 2003, 01:09 PM

Damn...I guess I should apologize to everyone

Steve

2011 Harley Electra Glide Limited
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2006 Honda CRF150F
2004 Honda CRF150F Monster
2008 Honda CRF 450R
www.cornerspeed.net
Unread
  (#9)
MSF Student

April 29, 2003, 09:28 AM

There are aliens on earth right now and Satan has infected my bike.

Winning isn't everything, but losing isn't anything.