DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 552
12 members and 540 guests
Dark, Heist, HockeyFan, legendindisguise, oneraptor, QasimZia, RileysDad, Sal_the_man, SHYUperman, SSLow3, tonetone, TonUp
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
I miss .NET years 2006-2010
Unread
  (#1)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Talking I miss .NET years 2006-2010 - April 19, 2017, 11:07 PM

I was searching for an old post...hoping i could find a picture, then I ran across soooooo many threads and saw sooooo many people.

Id say 45% of them are on my Face book page. Othere no idea.

The spot,
Adams morgan at Asylum
Hooters Chantilly
The different rides.
I was mostly a Dot COmmer, but I was transitioning to .NET lol.

Again I miss how active this page was and surprisingly there are a good amount of pictures still in the threads.

FB chat rooms just not the same as the BBS.

Way back days....

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#2)
Groping is a skill...

April 19, 2017, 11:25 PM

Sprints from DC to Baltimore, the spot, adams morgan, exorcist stairs. Good ole times.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Your Ad Here

April 20, 2017, 08:47 AM

Yeah, it seems as if the page is turning on this site.
A lot of the more active users have either moved away, moved on to other pursuits, gotten older, or don't have the time.

I hoped we'd continue to get fresh young members and new to the area people to come aboard, but at least for the younger generation Z & Millenials FB Groups has been their primary tool and BBS / Chat boards have grown somewhat out of favor.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
whoa preppy......

April 20, 2017, 08:48 AM

Most of you guys have never met me. When this site first formed (after SBN's website was in question) I went to a few meet N greets. I even tagged a long on a NoVaBoYz ride a time or two. I kinda miss what motorcycling was. Maybe, I miss me being 20 something. Maybe it's both.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
SRWJTS Recruiter

April 20, 2017, 09:09 AM

I made an observation to myself the other day, but I don't think there are that many new riders in general right now so the "turnover" is low. Motorcycle sales were down last year. I also don't see as many bikes on the roads as just a few years ago. Times are changing...

"Remember you may love your bike but your bike doesn't love you and that bitch will kill you the first time you do her wrong."

MARRC Cornerworker
http://www.marrc.org/

2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
2006 Yamaha R6 - Anniversary Edition - SOLD
2005 Yamaha R6 - SOLD
2001 Yamaha YZF600R - SOLD
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
GP Racer

April 20, 2017, 09:19 AM

I wasn't on the forums back then but did hop on in 2012. It's definitely changed a bit and agree with the consensus about FB forums taking over. But I prefer the layout of the forums like this, to be honest.

-Nate
'14 Grom
'13 HP4
'08 YZF-R6
Unread
  (#7)
GP Racer

April 20, 2017, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReasonableDoubt View Post
I also don't see as many bikes on the roads as just a few years ago.
I've noticed this as well. The weather has been nice so I would expect to see more.

2011 Z1000
Unread
  (#8)
Your Ad Here

April 20, 2017, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReasonableDoubt View Post
I also don't see as many bikes on the roads as just a few years ago. Times are changing...
Observed this as well.

I guess what the vehicle market is experiencing, lower year-over-year sales to younger buyers as they migrate to urban centers and prefer ride sharing services to vehicle ownership, is also translating to the motorcycle market.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#9)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

April 20, 2017, 10:40 AM

EH I see more riders commuting than ever before. I also see more standard style bikes than sportbikes. I ride less street but way more dirt.

As for the membership, the old people ran off all the younger guys and gals. And when a gal joined it was a sausagefest in the thread. Shit I think this site is now 100% men. Only ones to blame is ourselves!

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

April 20, 2017, 11:34 AM

Time marches on. Had some great times on the .com and .net rides along the WV/VA border, doing trackdays etc.

Now a days I'm content to just ride. 6 day run into western NC coming up next week.

There's bold riders and old riders, but damn few bold old riders.
Unread
  (#11)
Your Ad Here

April 20, 2017, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge131 View Post
EH I see more riders commuting than ever before. I also see more standard style bikes than sportbikes. I ride less street but way more dirt.

!
I was going to follow-up with that as well.
Although dwindling in overall numbers, I am seeing a greater diversity of motorcycles on the road.
A lot of standards, cafe's, and adventure class bikes.
Less sport bikes and sport tourers.
More commuters in DC now that DC has open up a lot more spaces on the street designated for motorcycles only.

Unread
  (#12)
whoa preppy......

April 20, 2017, 12:06 PM

We have a ton of bikes here.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#13)
Serial Killer

April 20, 2017, 02:02 PM

.net Old Timers Reunion 2018!!

I'm a lead farmer, motherfucker!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Diggy Send a message via AIM to Diggy  
Unread
  (#14)
Mommy's Little Monster

April 20, 2017, 03:41 PM

TWT at Hard Times, Hooters, the Spot with 45+ people every single week, Easter Keg Hunts, glad I was able to join and meet people before things started to die down. Agreed, I do think it has more to do with FB and social media being the popular way to organize any sort of social gathering nowadays.

I ride almost every damn day, even if it is commuting. Summer time is def at least one ride a weekend, and I'm up to a few week long or long weekend trips a year now at this point. The activity level on .net wont change that aspect for me, just the people I ride with typically aren't members here I guess. Not that I'm suggesting this is the case, but no internet forum will ever dictate how much I ride or don't ride, I'm just grateful that I did get the chance to meet a lot of folks from here and they helped get me into riding....so I've got that going for me.

EDIT: Can't forget about the rides to Sonic in Fredericksburg for cheesecake bites and corn dogs!

2016 Yamaha FJ-09
2014 Honda CB500X
2007 Suzuki DRZ 400SM
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600

Last edited by sk8nsanta; April 20, 2017 at 03:46 PM..
Unread
  (#15)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

April 20, 2017, 04:43 PM

dodge summed it up.

I travel with different groups from the Va area, DC, PG county to Fredericks MD...

There are still a good number of new bikers, but in the last 3 years I watched a HUGE number of former sport bikers jump on cruisers now.

Even new riders are going straight to cruisers.

The sport biker folks I see are getting more and more track only.

And since we are titled DC sport Bikes i think that also keep some away.

There are allot more cruiser pages out.

I think with all the negative things associated with sport bikes, death, police, injuries, cost, insurance, theft.... some are just tired and went to a more logical 2 wheel machine.

When this site started and allot of joined...sport bikes were in there sophomore year. Kinda new to the market...at least way more wide spread and affordable.

Now about 20 years later...it's not so shiny and new. The changes to cruisers and all the easy to get customization is pulling in the riders.

with that said...i will die on my sportbike....
SPORTBIKE 4 Evah !!!

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin