DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 546
5 members and 541 guests
beatle, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, davidcycle, shiphteey, Toecutter
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
I must be crazy...android
Unread
  (#1)
T.R.I.T.D.H

I must be crazy...android - June 16, 2010, 11:56 AM

I've been a BB Pearl user for 2 years. My contract has been up since Feb...

Starting with the release of the Blackberry Storm 1 I've been eyeing phones from the BB Storm 2, Motorola Droid, HTC Incredible, Motorola Droid 2, and Motorola Droid X.

It seems that I've been caught up in the THRILL of getting a new phone versus the actually action of getting that phone. Kind of like how you have your bike...but you still always browse for another sweet ride even though you really don't intend to get one....

Anyways, I was excited about the HTC Incredible until I noticed the EVO on Sprint has a bigger screen...NO WAY I'M GOING TO SPRINT. So that made me wonder why Verizon wouldn't have a big screen phone...oh wait? What comes AFTER the HTC Incredible???? THE DROID X...and then the DROID 2.

And of course the newer versions CANNOT possibly have the MOST UPDATED tech on them as phones that came out before them...otherwise you can't have that begging for more syndrome...

So now I'm forced to go with

-HTC Incredible-small screen (been there done that on BB Pearl) BUT 1GHZ processor

OR

-Motorola Droid X-LARGE SCREEN but 750MHZ processor ( will I ever notice a difference if I've never had a 1GHZ phone? I don't know...but why do that when 1GHZ phones are already out???...oh yeah so HTC's next phone can have it...duh???

OR

-Motorola Droid...small screen, 1GHZ processor, Android 2.2...(wait what??? why go backwards on screen but forward on hardware...

WHY CAN'T THESE COMPANIES JUST PUT TOGETHER THE ULTIMATE DAMN PHONE AND STOP WASTING TIME??????????????????????????????????

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Site Admin

June 16, 2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkofDC View Post
I've been a BB Pearl user for 2 years. My contract has been up since Feb...

Starting with the release of the Blackberry Storm 1 I've been eyeing phones from the BB Storm 2, Motorola Droid, HTC Incredible, Motorola Droid 2, and Motorola Droid X.

It seems that I've been caught up in the THRILL of getting a new phone versus the actually action of getting that phone. Kind of like how you have your bike...but you still always browse for another sweet ride even though you really don't intend to get one....

Anyways, I was excited about the HTC Incredible until I noticed the EVO on Sprint has a bigger screen...NO WAY I'M GOING TO SPRINT. So that made me wonder why Verizon wouldn't have a big screen phone...oh wait? What comes AFTER the HTC Incredible???? THE DROID X...and then the DROID 2.

And of course the newer versions CANNOT possibly have the MOST UPDATED tech on them as phones that came out before them...otherwise you can't have that begging for more syndrome...

So now I'm forced to go with

-HTC Incredible-small screen (been there done that on BB Pearl) BUT 1GHZ processor

OR

-Motorola Droid X-LARGE SCREEN but 750MHZ processor ( will I ever notice a difference if I've never had a 1GHZ phone? I don't know...but why do that when 1GHZ phones are already out???...oh yeah so HTC's next phone can have it...duh???

OR

-Motorola Droid...small screen, 1GHZ processor, Android 2.2...(wait what??? why go backwards on screen but forward on hardware...

WHY CAN'T THESE COMPANIES JUST PUT TOGETHER THE ULTIMATE DAMN PHONE AND STOP WASTING TIME??????????????????????????????????
http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/15/e...roid-x-preview

droid X preview.

The Moto droid has a stock 550mhz processor. Over clock it it to 800 or higher and it runs real smooth with 2.2...

Or wait a bit longer till motorola releases their 2ghz phone closer to the end of the year...
Unread
  (#3)
T.R.I.T.D.H

June 16, 2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipnduc View Post

Or wait a bit longer till motorola releases their 2ghz phone closer to the end of the year...
haha...this is the joke of the day.

Seriously, maybe I don't buy consumer products as much...BUT what oher industry releases new stuff every quarter? video games maybe? I mean don't cars and bikes come out every year if that?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#4)
Site Admin

June 16, 2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkofDC View Post
haha...this is the joke of the day.

Seriously, maybe I don't buy consumer products as much...BUT what oher industry releases new stuff every quarter? video games maybe? I mean don't cars and bikes come out every year if that?

no joke.

http://www.conceivablytech.com/1231/...android-phone/
Unread
  (#5)
Your Ad Here

June 16, 2010, 12:20 PM

Droid X is too big to be convenient. It's damn near a mini-tablet PC.

My advice. Grab a used Iphone 3G (as much as I'm not a fan of Iphone) and just ride that out for the next year or so because if you buy new now, you'll be 2x pissed when all the new 4G/2ghz processor phones start hitting the market in the next 8 months.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
GP Racer

June 16, 2010, 12:45 PM

I just go my HTC EVO, moved to that from a Palm Pre. I have to say I am a fan so far, the device does what I want it to do, when I want it to do it....

Yamaha FZ8
Husqvarna TE310R ---
Unread
  (#7)
T.R.I.T.D.H

June 16, 2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipnduc View Post

I wasn't saying joke as it not true....I was saying joke as...SURE and the following year a 3 GHZ will be out then a pentium the next year and so on so on and so on...

...it's a JOKE to me that this tech is released so rampidly

Unread
  (#8)
T.R.I.T.D.H

June 16, 2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Droid X is too big to be convenient. It's damn near a mini-tablet PC.

My advice. Grab a used Iphone 3G (as much as I'm not a fan of Iphone) and just ride that out for the next year or so because if you buy new now, you'll be 2x pissed when all the new 4G/2ghz processor phones start hitting the market in the next 8 months.

not an AT and T customer....I'm sticking with Verizon...and you learn to realize that YOU'LL ALWAYS be pissed (note: I dislike when people write pist...lol...gald you didn't) if you live under the fact that in a few years something new will be out...

OH duh, it just hit me...COMPUTERS are another industry where things are always changing so often...

anyways you stated the point of my post. its like you have to live for the NOW and not the LATER in the cellphone world.

And I've had a pearl for the last 2 years...I got it simply b/c I want feeling the big brick BB's...well now i'm tired of looking at a small screen so I want a big screen...and my laptop is half way working so when I'm not at work I need a mobile device for email and internet b/c I dont have anything else at home to use other than my phone....

Unread
  (#9)
GP Racer

June 16, 2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayaus View Post
I just go my HTC EVO, moved to that from a Palm Pre. I have to say I am a fan so far, the device does what I want it to do, when I want it to do it....
that dam evo is huge
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to islandboy  
Unread
  (#10)
GP Racer

June 16, 2010, 03:06 PM

just stick with blackberry get the storm or bold
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to islandboy  
Unread
  (#11)
Slappa Da Baseeee , Mon'

June 16, 2010, 03:16 PM

i played with josephs htv evo 4g and that thing is fucking nutz, unfortunately im getting the new iphone when the white one is released

-Phill-

2002 RC51-Ask and i will tell
1977 Harley-Davidson FLH (gettin a face lift)
2006 cbr1000rr-(sold)
2000 929- (sold)
2002 R1- (sold)

chumchum: my front is stiff and my rear is lose

#452-LE: I feel like jelly....... cauz jam dont shake like this!!

----------Alexandria, Va----------
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to blushin  
Unread
  (#12)
T.R.I.T.D.H

June 16, 2010, 03:29 PM

^fing nuts in a good way???

which means the Droid X will be the SHIT...haha that article said the Droid X makes the HTC Incredible look like a bench warmer...

ahahahahhaahahhahahahhahaa

Unread
  (#13)
TPG og

June 16, 2010, 03:32 PM

Startac ftw.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#14)
Site Owner

June 16, 2010, 03:42 PM

There's ALWAYS something better coming out. If you wait until the end of the year, something better will be coming out in the spring. Wait till the spring then the fall release will be next.

It's wonderful

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#15)
Site Admin

June 16, 2010, 03:48 PM

speaking of something better...wheres the .net APP for the Android OS???

Tags
droid (robotic voice), phone junkie, why droid why