DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 484
2 members and 482 guests
Sal_the_man, Taty
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
I need a heat pump repaired or replaced!
Unread
  (#1)
SIN MC President

I need a heat pump repaired or replaced! - February 7, 2007, 11:00 AM

Anyone got hook ups?

My tenant in my condo is costing me and arm and a leg... the heat pump is screwed.. it's old and it needs to be repaired or replaced.. The estimate I got from my property Management was:

REPLACE & INSTALL: $2697

REPAIR: $1185

Here's the model I need:
Brand_American Standard BTU Output 18000 Model_2A6H4018A1001A

Any insight anyone?

#22 TOTNAC
STRENGTH IN NUMBERS MC

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Site ADMIN

February 7, 2007, 11:04 AM

little late but, i had this ins on my TH, and now my SF.

Great thing to have with older homes.. My house runs about 350/year. They replace almost all appliances in their house. My folks got their AC replaced for $100.

http://promo.servicemaster.com/ahsle...ooglelead.html

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#3)
DAS BOOT

February 7, 2007, 11:11 AM

That's actually not too horrible of a price.... I have heard it going as much as $5,K.....

Wow. Just..................wow.
Unread
  (#4)
Super Moderator

February 7, 2007, 11:22 AM

A friend of mine owns a heating and air conditioning company. Call Great American Air Conditioning and Heating..

Call 301-838-4040 - Ask for Jeff

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#5)
Site Admin

February 7, 2007, 11:29 AM

you dont have like american home shield or anything like that??

ouchie!
Unread
  (#6)
SIN MC President

February 7, 2007, 12:19 PM

thanks everyone for your input! i feel mushy inside now.... [could be the mexican food though]...

#22 TOTNAC
STRENGTH IN NUMBERS MC

Unread
  (#7)
Site ADMIN

February 7, 2007, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipnDuc
you dont have like american home shield or anything like that??

ouchie!

zackly!!

I re-iterate! if you own a home, extra home warrenty is a MUST! You only pay the $100 deductible to repair/place major/minor appliances. As well as pipes inside the walls.

If you rent, GET RENTERS INSURANCE!!! Had a buddy who lived on the top floor of an apt. During the winter a pipe burst and wrecked his TV/Stereo Xbox..etc The apt moved him to a new location but did NOT cover the cost of replacing his appliances.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#8)
Officially Addicted to Posting

February 7, 2007, 12:26 PM

I've had my entire system replaced. The guy is in that business but does work on the side......for reasons I won't discuss. The price you got is fair IMHO and I think but there are NEW standards that were put in place this year so the actual price could get higher than what was quoted. I can give you my guy's infor also and he could come out there and give you an estimate and start ASAP. I paid for mine in cash though. Just letting you know.

GsxRBulldog---NEVER EVER mistake my kindness for Weakness or waste my or my friends time. That would be unwise

G-Dog's total site

There is no trick to it, I just work harder than you.
BANNED from R1-Forum for Bad Attitude on 8/16/2010

'01 GsxR 750----Bike heaven (in a better place)
'01 GsxR 1000---"Bad Ass"....Sold it
'03 GsxR 1000---"G-Note".... Sold it
'04 GsxR 600----"Lil Bastard" Sold to JBoggy
'05 Gsxr 750----"Visitor" Sold back to her Momma
'06 Gsxr 600----"BabyBoy Blue" for Track
'06 GsxR 1000---"GhostFace" for Street

that's GsxrBulldog to you SON!!!
W u l f no P a k va R y d a z
President 2/2010 to 2/2013
: : Power of Purpose : :
remember our fallen friends
•always in our hearts • watching over us•
•#135 Katie•Dragula•#47 Bambam•Vega
www.wulfpakrydaz.com
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to GsxrBulldog Send a message via AIM to GsxrBulldog  
Unread
  (#9)
Republicans for Voldemort

February 7, 2007, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK
That's actually not too horrible of a price.... I have heard it going as much as $5,K.....
When I replaced the system on my SFH - I had a friend do it at COST - and it cost me 3,000...

Best bet is to take bids and see what the best price is...... I am NOT certain - but I believe if you go for a Home Warantee on a house you are NOT selling - they come out and do an evaluation before you can get it... Thus, if you have a failed Heat Pump - they will charge you more for you policy to recoup the price.... However, if you can get the damn thing to work while the inspection is going on.........................................

-Jason
DAMN Rider DAMN Rider

Maybe you have to be messed up... before you can step up!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hondahawkrider Send a message via AIM to hondahawkrider