DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 545
2 members and 543 guests
GRN96WS6, Triple X
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
I really want/need to learn Spanish
Unread
  (#1)
Ninja Power

I really want/need to learn Spanish - October 7, 2008, 02:22 PM

Since the language of American is now spanish, i really want/need to learn Spanish. And since im a restaurant manager, and my entire cook staff speaks spanish, i figured I should give it a shot. I hear Rosetta Stone is the best. HOWEVER, i see its like $250 just for the 1st of 3 lessons.. Well, like the rest of the Continental US, Im a cheap @$$. Can anyone help me out finding Rosetta Stone cheaper. Any hooks up or anything?

Talent
2006 Kawasaki ZX6R
Arctic White / White Pearl (Still Under Construction)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Talent Send a message via AIM to Talent  
Unread
  (#2)
Elite Racing

October 7, 2008, 02:23 PM

Check C/L & feebay.

Chris
Elite Racing
CCS AM #458

Godspeed Bam Bam

VFR Matt: gotta be a winner at something. Cant reach for the stars mind well be king of suck
tecknojoe: we could get together at my house and mount my trailor
vonstallin: whack one off 4 me henrey
thefitzvh: I'm the assholist asshole that ever assholed
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Que se jodan!!

October 7, 2008, 02:28 PM

Quick Answer: Sign up with Arlington County Public Library Online. You do NOT have to live in Arlington to get an account. Use that account number to get online access to the Rosetta Stone Program for FREE. Punto. No necesita comprar nada. Que se joden!

Whisper
"Speak quietly and carry a big stick."
2014 BMW S1000RR
2006 GSXR 1000 - Street (Sold)
2005 GSXR 1000 - Track (Sold - I hate you, Paul)
2010 YZ250F -Motocross in Mexico (I still hate Yamahas)

Men are qualified for civil liberties in exact proportion to their disposition to put moral chains upon their appetites: in proportion as their love of justice is above their rapacity...Society cannot exist, unless a controlling power upon will and appetite be placed somewhere; and the less of it there is within, the more there must be without. It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters. ~Edmund Burke, Political Theorist and Philosopher

Some of us are lions, but even lions can be crushed under the elephant of bad management.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Whisper  
Unread
  (#4)
I was sleeping

October 7, 2008, 02:28 PM

hola Yo no hablan español o bien, pero me puede escribir en mi ordenador y parece que puedo escribir .... reír a carcajadas

KEV~
NESBA # 401
2002 Honda 919
2003 Yamaha R6(05-09 SOLD)

MARRC Safety Crew - www.marrc.org
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Dirty  
Unread
  (#5)
I was sleeping

October 7, 2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper
Quick Answer: Sign up with Arlington County Public Library Online. You do NOT have to live in Arlington to get an account. Use that account number to get online access to the Rosetta Stone Program for FREE. Punto. No necesita comprar nada. Que se joden!
thats cool i need to learn also thanks

KEV~
NESBA # 401
2002 Honda 919
2003 Yamaha R6(05-09 SOLD)

MARRC Safety Crew - www.marrc.org
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Dirty  
Unread
  (#6)
making it do what it do!!

October 7, 2008, 02:42 PM

yo te puedo ayudar si quieres... talvez te cobre un poco o nada. Te digo luego. Orale!!

-FER-
2008 Raven R1
Eat, Lift, Sleep.... (REPEAT)!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MANIMAL  
Unread
  (#7)
Que se jodan!!

October 7, 2008, 02:43 PM

FTW everyone: Rosetta Stone is Standard Latin Spanish. So what?? Latins, just like Americans, speak dialects of their language, with A LOT of unique words/phrases that you won't learn in Rosetta Stone. Not to say that Rosetta isn't a good place to start - just a warning that you shouldn't expect to understand what the cookstaff is saying, nor should you expect to understand a Colombian, when you learn from the Guatemalteco or Salvadoreno that you're likely to encounter in the DC area....But good luck!!

Whisper
2014 BMW S1000RR

Men are qualified for civil liberties in exact proportion to their disposition to put moral chains upon their appetites: in proportion as their love of justice is above their rapacity...Society cannot exist, unless a controlling power upon will and appetite be placed somewhere; and the less of it there is within, the more there must be without. It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters. ~Edmund Burke, Political Theorist and Philosopher

Some of us are lions, but even lions can be crushed under the elephant of bad management.
Unread
  (#8)
Typical Stripper

October 7, 2008, 02:46 PM

Other option - point them to Rosetta Stone for English? Just a thought

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
I'm a llama again!

October 7, 2008, 02:49 PM

You could just ban them from speaking Spanish and make them speak English. You would after all be helping them. You could even have a little class everyday.
Unread
  (#10)
Elite Racing

October 7, 2008, 02:51 PM

Chris
Elite Racing
CCS AM #458

Godspeed Bam Bam

VFR Matt: gotta be a winner at something. Cant reach for the stars mind well be king of suck
tecknojoe: we could get together at my house and mount my trailor
vonstallin: whack one off 4 me henrey
thefitzvh: I'm the assholist asshole that ever assholed
Unread
  (#11)
Que se jodan!!

October 7, 2008, 02:53 PM

Good Luck. Imagine you were in a foreign country and quite able to speak the local language, however, you work with other Americans....what language are you gonna speak amongst youselves? Just a thought....

Whisper
2014 BMW S1000RR

Unread
  (#12)
I'm a llama again!

October 7, 2008, 02:56 PM

I personally like the Germans I work with would think it to be very rude.
Unread
  (#13)
I'm a llama again!

October 7, 2008, 02:57 PM

But it sounds like his problem is more that they don't understand English at all and he cannot tell them what they need to do effectively.
Unread
  (#14)
Typical Stripper

October 7, 2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper
Good Luck. Imagine you were in a foreign country and quite able to speak the local language, however, you work with other Americans....what language are you gonna speak amongst youselves? Just a thought....
Oh I would clearly speak drunk jibberish...

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#15)
Good Girl Gone Biker

October 7, 2008, 03:01 PM

Also try to watch Spanish tv, it'll help because you can watch them talk. Your brain will start to figure things out.

Beatriz
BRG/W

QikEnuF: omg still talking. I regret my life.

yzfrone: and buell? ill chop my toes off and add it to my salad before I sit on one.

DarksideSW20: need varying degrees. beware of dog, beware of dangerous dog, beware of dog shooting bees out of its mouth...

NoVaGhost: Oops...bought a gixxer and the dumbassery set in quicker than i expected.... never made it home.

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Coluchi Send a message via AIM to Coluchi Send a message via Skype™ to Coluchi