DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 508
3 members and 505 guests
HenryW, nootherids, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
If you have to work today, please post your ridiculous "Snow Related" stupid stories
Unread
  (#1)
BE ENCOURAGED!

If you have to work today, please post your ridiculous "Snow Related" stupid stories - February 8, 2010, 09:01 AM

I think this weather is makes people nuts. We actually have had TWO different customers complain that, even though their streets haven't been cleared and there is no real room in their driveway,we are not coming to clean their carpet.

Lets see...big white vans with a giant motors and 100 gallons of water going down snow covered roads with nowhere really to park. Really?

They are upset because they NOW have the day off and won't be charged any time off when we come to clean, so we NEED to get there TODAY.

So let's hear what you got! Especially people in retail! I know there are gonna be some crazy stories.

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#2)
unapologetic

February 8, 2010, 09:09 AM

my wifes' office has patients starting at 10 am today. There is nobody up front to answer phones or room patients(they both called out due to impassable roads from where they are coming from). She is there with one other person(admin/billing person) and the doc(who's at another office) wants her to "fill in" for the ones that aren't showing up today instead of calling the paients and re-scheduling them on top off doing all of her patient care. So basically do 4 jobs. Until 6pm.

"ride on #47, ride on"

on the internet you can be anyone you want, it's strange that so many people choose to be so stupid
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
I am a bitch, so what?

February 8, 2010, 09:25 AM

I came into the office and the parking lot was not cleared. Could not get anywhere near the office. And the boss never called to say the plow guys were coming late.

But the office had a nice breakfast at Panera on the boss. So it was not all bad.

Every time we hold our tongues instead of returning the sharp retort, show patience with another's faults, show a little more love and kindness, we are helping to stock-pile more of these peace-bringing qualities in the world instead of armaments for war. -- Constance Foster
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to RRSheDevil Send a message via AIM to RRSheDevil  
Unread
  (#4)
GET SOME ! ! !

February 8, 2010, 09:28 AM

At the beginning of the superbowl last night I had a few friends over to watch the game, a key to this quick story is that my neighborhood has not been touched with a plow, I live in a street with a culdasac at the bottom of a large hill, all untouched by any and all plows!!! So when I went into the kitchen to grab some food I noticed a heating & air conditioning van out front of my house, he seemed to be looking for a house (I'm guessing), after sitting out front I guess he decided to give up and head home, somehow he turned the van around, then thought he could make it back up the hill.....granted I made it, but I've got a 1986 toyota 4runner, slightly lifted, big BFG tires, skidplates, and an awesome 4WD system, so I made it up no problem...however this van, NO WAY!!! After watching the game, my friends were leaving (also in their SUVs, a Honda Pilot & Suburban), when we looked outside, guess who was still there, yup, the heating & air conditioning guy, about halfway up my hill, he had been stuck for well over 3 hours (I didn't know he was having trouble until after the game, otherwise I would have offered a hand).

But what I was thinking was how someone thinks they can make it down that hill, packed with snow, with a 2WD van, filled with equipment, is way beyond me, anyway, he made it out eventually, because after we got our boots on, planning on helping the guy, he had just crossed over the top of the hill!!!!

Just thought that was worth writing up

TPM/Roger Lyle/MARRC/NESBA #911

MARRC Cornerworker

2008 RAW Off-Road Desert Racing 58a Rider
Unread
  (#5)
Ling Long

February 8, 2010, 09:30 AM

i saw a car on fire last night

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#6)
Owner & Creator

February 8, 2010, 09:32 AM

4x4 ftw
Unread
  (#7)
Site Owner

February 8, 2010, 09:35 AM

I had to tow my buddy's F150 back home with my Jeep after he cracked open his transmission and dumped all his transmission fluid out all over a school parking lot he was doing donuts in.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#8)
BE ENCOURAGED!

February 8, 2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
I had to tow my buddy's F150 back home with my Jeep after he cracked open his transmission and dumped all his transmission fluid out all over a school parking lot he was doing donuts in.
His name wasn't Sasse1 was it?

bawhahahaha. I crack myself up!

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#9)
Ling Long

February 8, 2010, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
Was his last name Lauer?

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#10)
Typical Stripper

February 8, 2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoMatt View Post
Was his last name Lauer?
Brun-a'

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#11)
Derpentine Dealer

February 8, 2010, 10:57 AM

Like every snow storm before, I saw a bunch of what I've termed "4x4 heroes" out driving like complete a$$hats. Yes, you have a 4x4, you have a bigger snow dick than I, get over yourself before you go sliding helplessly into an intersection on a red light and your snow boner goes limp. Seen it happen several times and laughed my MFin' a$$ off atchya. Impotence is a serious thing.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#12)
Being nice :)

February 8, 2010, 11:18 AM

"If you have to work today, please post your ridiculous "Snow Related" stupid people stories"

*fixed..

I commuted 40+ miles to get to work today, and stupid effers that live right next to the office didn't show up.

Humps !

You're Welcome...
Unread
  (#13)
I am a bitch, so what?

February 8, 2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude View Post
Like every snow storm before, I saw a bunch of what I've termed "4x4 heroes" out driving like complete a$$hats. Yes, you have a 4x4, you have a bigger snow dick than I, get over yourself before you go sliding helplessly into an intersection on a red light and your snow boner goes limp. Seen it happen several times and laughed my MFin' a$$ off atchya. Impotence is a serious thing.

Sorry!

And what about the stupid fucks in their 2-wheel drive vehicles thinking they can get out before the roads are plowed. Stopping TWICE up a hill and couldn't figure out why he didn't make it up???? THEN gives me the finger when I passed him in my big 4x4. WTF???

Every time we hold our tongues instead of returning the sharp retort, show patience with another's faults, show a little more love and kindness, we are helping to stock-pile more of these peace-bringing qualities in the world instead of armaments for war. -- Constance Foster
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to RRSheDevil Send a message via AIM to RRSheDevil  
Unread
  (#14)
just some dude

February 8, 2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude View Post
like this guy... he came up my street while i was out shoveling yesterday, and i noticed his rear wheel flapping around behind his jeep. the wheel came completely off as he was making the turn. my guess is he was over confident in his jeep and went sideways into a curb.

2013 Toyota Prius C4, holding up traffic...
2009 FZ1 (R-77 carbon exhaust, PC V, BMC air filter, D-shaped 'flies, chopped airbox and AIS, FCE; SW-Motech toprack and quick-release siderack, E55 topcase, pair of V35 sidecase, Woodcraft frame sliders)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to novasquid Send a message via AIM to novasquid  
Unread
  (#15)
GET SOME ! ! !

February 8, 2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRSheDevil View Post
Sorry!

And what about the stupid fucks in their 2-wheel drive vehicles thinking they can get out before the roads are plowed. Stopping TWICE up a hill and couldn't figure out why he didn't make it up???? THEN gives me the finger when I passed him in my big 4x4. WTF???
Exactly, read my post above

TPM/Roger Lyle/MARRC/NESBA #911

MARRC Cornerworker

2008 RAW Off-Road Desert Racing 58a Rider