DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 560
1 members and 559 guests
fxc3700
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
If you need a Lawyer in this area!!....Story Included
Unread
  (#1)
Im Always Down to Ride

If you need a Lawyer in this area!!....Story Included - September 20, 2010, 06:59 AM

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND.....John Boneta.

He might cost you a little more than others but he does his job absolutely flawless.

STORY BEGIN

Went to Arlington to play cards one night. Had a few drinks(knew I had too many to drive back to Herndon, soooo I stayed where I was). Got up to hit the highway at 7am. Only been to Arlington 3 times since moving here so I was following GPS. GPS turned me on a one way in front of Pentagon. I noticed it immediately, and turned off the road. The turn off was into Pentagon parking lot. I was then surrounded by cops and they said they smelled alcohol. I then was breathalyzed and taken to hospital for blood test. No other dui tests administered.

I got hit with 4 tickets from at the Pentagon. Ignoring a no left turn, going wrong way on a one way street, reckless driving in parking lot, and DUI.

Now after talking to most of the lawyers and all, Pentagon police love to stack tickets. All my other tickets came from the DUI ticket. Which I knew I wasn't drunk.

Anyways....they took me to get blood test and I never got them back. One or two thing....either they saw the results which I knew were extra skewed from the breathalyzer(which said I blew .171) and the results stated I wasn't drunk so they said they lost the blood results OR they really lost them because I never got them back.

LONG STORY SHORT....Went to District court in Alexandria, and all 4 charges dropped. I was in and out within 5 minutes.

END STORY

I am not saying this to say you can beat the law, what I am saying is sometimes the law can be wrong but you will need the right person to ensure that you get the right justice.

Anyways....John Boneta is the top lawyer. He was a police officer out here for 10 yrs, then a prosecutor for 10yrs and now is a Defense Attorney for 10 yrs. He also teaches the DUI class to all the lawyers and officers in the area.

I felt this was a story I would share with you all because I am not embarrassed about it. It is a chapter closed in my life but I definitley wont make that decision again(even when I tried to do the right thing). I just dont want any of you all to go through what I did. You feel no different from a murderer sitting in the back of that car and standing in front of that judge. Hopefully this helps someone else. Which is its intention.

Remember when sex was safe and motorcycles were dangerous?

Speed kills, ride a Yamaha!

MotorSport/PowerSport Auctions
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Your Ad Here

September 20, 2010, 09:22 AM

Congrats.
Why type a long endorsement story, but not mention what the retainer was or his hourly fee?

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
T.R.I.T.D.H

September 20, 2010, 09:34 AM

thought pentagon police fell under Arlington...not Alexandria....learn something new every day...

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#4)
T.R.I.T.D.H

September 20, 2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Congrats.
Why type a long endorsement story, but not mention what the retainer was or his hourly fee?

I guess he was thinking no matter the cost he was worth it so cost shouldn't be an issue....

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

September 20, 2010, 09:49 AM

Cost *is* an issue. What kind of time did you lose for this ordeal? What other expenses did you incur?
Unread
  (#6)
Caro Dio, cazzo Lorenzo.

September 20, 2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
Cost *is* an issue. What kind of time did you lose for this ordeal? What other expenses did you incur?
Less time, potential earnings and opportunities than he would lose with a DUI and 3 other counts. Personally, I'd rather give money to a lawyer than to the state.
Unread
  (#7)
Im Always Down to Ride

September 20, 2010, 10:36 AM

Really didnt lose much time at all. I basically gave him the stuff and he did the rest behind the scene. I talked to him literally 3 times...Once to get him, 2 to tell him what happen and 3 the day before the trial.

Pentagon police are considered Federal, so if you get pulled by them, you will have to go to the District Court which is Federal court.

Remember when sex was safe and motorcycles were dangerous?

Speed kills, ride a Yamaha!

MotorSport/PowerSport Auctions
Unread
  (#8)
Licensed Rider

September 20, 2010, 10:49 AM

There should be some kind of recourse for people who get hit with serious charges only to have them dropped due to lack of evidence or whatever. There is no repercussions for the police or the courts to charge someone with whatever they want, very serious or not, and the person who gets hit with the bogus charges had to spend time and money to fight it off. Reckless driving in a parking lot? lol. Pentagon police really have nothing to do, AT ALL, except just sit there 24 hours a day and be dicks. It should be totally illegal what they charged you with if they can't prove it beyond just SAYING IT in a police report. Fucking liars...
Unread
  (#9)
Your Ad Here

September 20, 2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSOVER9000 View Post
There should be some kind of recourse for people who get hit with serious charges only to have them dropped due to lack of evidence or whatever. There is no repercussions for the police or the courts to charge someone with whatever they want, very serious or not, and the person who gets hit with the bogus charges had to spend time and money to fight it off. Reckless driving in a parking lot? lol. Pentagon police really have nothing to do, AT ALL, except just sit there 24 hours a day and be dicks. It should be totally illegal what they charged you with if they can't prove it beyond just SAYING IT in a police report. Fucking liars...
We have a system based on Common Law, so we get screwed.

At least in Civil Law systems (Italy, England, etc.) it's loser pays the legal costs for the entire suit. What that does is prevent frivilious suits and charges from being brought to trial.

It also puts the pressure on a guilty party to reach a settlement or take a plea bargain.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

September 20, 2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaux View Post
Less time, potential earnings and opportunities than he would lose with a DUI and 3 other counts. Personally, I'd rather give money to a lawyer than to the state.

Sure, but why this lawyer over another lawyer? Do you have other metrics for evaluating lawyer performance besides time and money?
Unread
  (#11)
GP Champ

September 20, 2010, 01:54 PM

How much?
Unread
  (#12)
Railing!

September 20, 2010, 02:09 PM

I had a friend who hit a pole and got charged with DUI in silver spring, Md a few yrs back. It ended up costing his $4500 in attorney fees, plus some fines, and a limited driver's license (to work and back, etc) for 6 months.

06 gsxr 750
Unread
  (#13)
Track Ho

September 20, 2010, 02:15 PM

lucky for you your gps did not direct you off a cliff, cause I think you would have drove right off it

"I am officially retired so please don't ban me"