DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 539
2 members and 537 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy, GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
If you value your time and sanity don't EVER go to the U-haul in Falls Church
Unread
  (#1)
running on liquid crazy.

If you value your time and sanity don't EVER go to the U-haul in Falls Church - June 28, 2010, 10:17 AM

Seriously. I will never, ever go there again. Ever. While Richard was waiting, he said that they locked the rest of the people in line outside of the store and people were banging on the windows. Someone should revoke their franchise.

I have never been to a place of business and have been so astounded at the lack of organization and customer service. I promise, Iíll make sure that everyone knows never to use your service.

I made an appointment on Friday, June 25th to have a hitch installed on my Nissan Frontier for Sunday morning, June 27th, at 9am. Even though Google had disparaging comments listed for the Falls Church location, I decided to give it a try, anyway. Besides, it was the only U-haul place that had the hitch I needed in stock. U-haul charged me $50 to hold the appointment and hitch, confirmation #84211622. Not that this confirmation apparently means anything to anybody.

I dropped my truck off on Sunday morning at 8am. Some guy named Nick took my keys. This seemed pretty questionable- he didnít try to check me in, confirm, nothing. So I asked him if he was going to check me in and how he was going to know what vehicle was mine. He grudgingly logged on to his computer and showed that I was in the system and while he was there, I asked him to go ahead and add the wiring harness.

We left the keys and went about our day. After noon, I had not heard anything, but as I was told that this would be a routine install, taking no more than 2 hours, I was pretty sure it was done. I called the Fall Church location, but I got automatically rerouted to the national call center, instead. The person said that it HAD to be done because they had another appointment scheduled for 12:30pm that same day. She couldnít confirm it, but she IM-ed them and sent them some kind of web notification and was surprised that they had 15 other notifications in the queue.

Around 3pm, we drove to pick up the truck. As I was standing in the long line, my fiancť went to take a look at the truck to see how tall the hitch was off the ground so could purchase a receiver and ball mount. When he came back, he was upset- the truck had not even been touched. In fact, this Nick guy said that his manager told him to reschedule it for next week.

My fiancť asked me, ďare you sure they told you it was done?Ē So, while in line, I call the Falls Church number again. And of course, I get rerouted to the national call center again. So I calmly explain that I am having a hitch installed and wanted to know if it had been completed since no one had called me. The lady, named Sandy, told me that yes, it was done, and it was late for pick-up. I asked her if she was sure. Then, she became nervous and said to me that was what she could see from the screen, but she was at a call center and could not contact the Fall Church location because no one was answering the phone. I asked for some confirmation number or if she could write some notes in her system regarding my call. She said there was no way to do that. I looked at my fiancť and told him that U-haul says itís not only done, but weíre late picking it up.

Now Iím super angry.

We finally get to the counter and all this Nick guy can say is that heís sorry, the guy that was supposed to install it never came in. I asked him why didnít he call me?? He said, ďLook at this line. Itís been like this ALL day. I havenít even gone up to go to the bathroom.Ē I asked him what he was going to do to fix the situation. We had just wasted now 80 total miles of driving and several hours of time. He said he could give us half off and that it would be done 1st thing the next morning- the person comes in at 7am and it would be done by 7:45am. It had to be done because I had an appointment for 9am that next day to get tires installed. I said I want to see him write down that I get half off for wasting our time and money picking up my truck that was supposed to be started at 9am in the morning and now itís the end of the day and not even touched. And, I wanted him to print it out. He showed us that he put it in the system, but said there was no way he could print it out. Although I was suspicious of the entire operation (or lack thereof), I had no options and had to leave my truck overnight. We asked if Nick would be here the next day, and he said yes he would.

We woke up early this morning, Monday, June 28. For good measure, my fiancť, in vain, tried to call to make sure the truck was being worked on. Of course, he could not get through and the national call center answered instead. The person said that she would send them a message and took his phone number to call him back if she were to get a response from them.

Since we needed the truck and we had no alternative, we drove back down to Falls Church to pick up the truck. We got there at 8am. Not only was it not done (again), no one even knew about the truck and the circumstances and Nick was not there. The manager, Carroll Jackson, said it would be done in an hour. The mechanic working on it said it would take 2 hours. Not only that, but come to find out there is now a big, fresh gouge mark on the rear right wheel well! When it was pointed out, the mechanic didnít even say anything.

I want to know how the hell do you run an operation where you book someoneís appointment, take their money, and not do the work? And to not even call me to let me know what is going on? Then, make promises that are not delivered and on top of that, damage my vehicle??!? Your service is horrendous. For a supposed 2 hour job, it took over 3 hours to install the hitch and wiring while we had to sit there and wait. Thankfully, after arguing for the half-off parts that they said they would give us, they finally granted it and also noted the damage to my vehicle and will cover it, but thatís another trip Iíll have to make to get an insurance quote and then have it fixed.

I have never been so disgusted with a place of business in my entire life.

the one and only...
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Mojito Anyone?

June 28, 2010, 10:29 AM

thaaaaaat sucks..

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

June 28, 2010, 10:30 AM

Been there, done that. Ended up with some big ass van that burned a fortune in gas, but it's not like they gave a shit.

There is no such thing as *reservation* at Uhaul. Search online and you will find the same story of people *reserving* a vehicle or trailer only to show up to pick it up and it being gone.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Owner & Creator

June 28, 2010, 10:33 AM

Contact BBB
Unread
  (#5)
fo shizzle

June 28, 2010, 10:41 AM

Consider yourself lucky. I took my car there to get a hitch installed. Came to pick it up at the stated time and it was nowhere to be seen. Car? What car? First they tried to deny that they had taken possession of it (keys), and then when it was clearly logged in the system, suddenly it was on a test drive. Since when do you need to test drive a hitch?! After waiting over an hour for this 'test drive' I called the police. Suddenly the guy is on the phone, and we were ushered into his office. After waiting in there for a few minutes, the cops arrived, and we walk out of the office (with no windows) to find my car parked right in plain sight. Not only was the hitch not even installed, but the guy said that it must have been there all along and we just didn't notice it. They didn't even bother taking the Taco Bell trash out.

Police couldn't do anything since the car was there and unharmed. Bastards.
Unread
  (#6)
running on liquid crazy.

June 28, 2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witold View Post
Been there, done that. Ended up with some big ass van that burned a fortune in gas, but it's not like they gave a shit.

There is no such thing as *reservation* at Uhaul. Search online and you will find the same story of people *reserving* a vehicle or trailer only to show up to pick it up and it being gone.
Yeah, but this was a hitch installation, and they CHARGED me $50 for the appointment.

On it, Carnage- BBB is def going to hear about it.

Fuckers.

the one and only...
Unread
  (#7)
running on liquid crazy.

June 28, 2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vegan View Post
Consider yourself lucky. I took my car there to get a hitch installed. Came to pick it up at the stated time and it was nowhere to be seen. Car? What car? First they tried to deny that they had taken possession of it (keys), and then when it was clearly logged in the system, suddenly it was on a test drive. Since when do you need to test drive a hitch?! After waiting over an hour for this 'test drive' I called the police. Suddenly the guy is on the phone, and we were ushered into his office. After waiting in there for a few minutes, the cops arrived, and we walk out of the office (with no windows) to find my car parked right in plain sight. Not only was the hitch not even installed, but the guy said that it must have been there all along and we just didn't notice it. They didn't even bother taking the Taco Bell trash out.

Wow. Was this Falls Church? Man, I have started taking pics of my dash every time I leave it some place where it gets work done to it. LOL. I put it at Nissan in Sterling (again) because the check engine light came on- this is the second time they've put in a new catalytic converter because it's throwing an error code indicating this is the problem. I picked up the truck- they didn't even test drive it, and 8 miles later, the fuggin check engine light came on again. GOT DAMMIT!!!

the one and only...
Unread
  (#8)
I got a need for Speed!_!

June 28, 2010, 10:47 AM

Haha, listen to the stories, classic U-haul, I think they only hire ex-con's or something. You would have been better off taking to a trailer and hitch store and paying a bit more to get the work done. U-haul is always crazy on the weekend. I installed the hitch on my van myself then had a trailer place wire the trailer lights.

TPM Red
AMA#629103
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to thespectralsorrows Send a message via AIM to thespectralsorrows  
Unread
  (#9)
Crackdays for everyone!

June 28, 2010, 10:59 AM

I have never in all my times moving had a good experience with U-Haul. I have since written them off and only rent trucks from Ryder. They have proven to me on may times that it is a waste of time to call or go on the internet and reserve a piece of equipment. My last experience with them, my brother rented a truck to move his family from Richmond to Bethesda. He went to pick up the truck and they had nothing on file for him. They ended up giving him a larger truck at the same rate he was given on his conformation. That would have been fine if it wasn't the oldest truck in the U-Haul fleet. No AC, brakes were more than questionable, and the truck finally gave up the ghost on 495. It was a nightmare trying to get the truck off the side of 495. That company could go out of business and I wouldn't shed a tear. Worthless and it's not limited to locations. It's the entire company!

Matt K.
09 R6
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ZX-Matt  
Unread
  (#10)
in Yamaland

June 28, 2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespectralsorrows View Post
classic U-haul, I think they only hire ex-con's or something.
LMAO.

Funny you say that...I know a guy that manages a UHaul shop and he is an ex-con.
Unread
  (#11)
running on liquid crazy.

June 28, 2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespectralsorrows View Post
Haha, listen to the stories, classic U-haul, I think they only hire ex-con's or something. You would have been better off taking to a trailer and hitch store and paying a bit more to get the work done. U-haul is always crazy on the weekend. I installed the hitch on my van myself then had a trailer place wire the trailer lights.
Yeah, in the end, it probably would have been best. It's just that they have such a great warranty and Richard said it was such a good deal- he had his done in Chantilly a few years ago and it was a breeze.

I created an account on Yelp just to put my review up. Then I created a second one to finish my review. FGGTS.

the one and only...
Unread
  (#12)
fruta fresca

June 28, 2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vegan View Post

WOW. I would have been furious! Crazy - I will make sure to pass along the work about this location...

"no me olvides que yo no te olvidare"
Unread
  (#13)
Licensed Rider

June 28, 2010, 12:11 PM

i've been to that uhual place before. but twice it was picking up trailers. Never had an actual truck reservation. But it is noted in my book to go somewhere else for trucks.
Unread
  (#14)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

June 28, 2010, 01:24 PM

went to pick up a OEM type of brake modulator wire harness....dude said they didnt have one...

then I saw it on the shelf....
I was trying to figure out how he knew off hand without looking that they didnt have any.

I mean all i did was flip back thru like 3 of them and Bam!!!! sitting right in our face...05+ nissan Frontier/Pathfinder/Titan

Dummy....

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#15)
Ni Hao Ma, Bitches!

June 28, 2010, 01:53 PM

...on the up side there are always "hired help" hanging out next to the Uhaul place.

2006 Husqvarna 510sm
2006 Honda 919
1995 Ducati MOnster 900 - sold
2000 Suzuki GSXR 600 Track Bike - sold
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to lemond Send a message via AIM to lemond Send a message via MSN to lemond  

Tags
falls church, u-haul is the suck