DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 485
1 members and 484 guests
Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
If you were running for office?
Unread
  (#1)
Face Down @$$ UP

Question If you were running for office? - January 15, 2008, 03:25 PM

Ok, so the latest post about crazy laws still on the books has me thinking.
If you were running for a certain official position within any local, or state goverment, what law or laws would you try to get passed.
Keep in mind it can not violate any other persons rights, and can not be racially motivated.
Freedom of speech, religion, press, and others come into play here.

So, what laws would you want on the books?

Something, like Do not buy it, if you cant drive it.

Anyone wanting their own high-speed lanes on most major highways, would require a certain type of insurance premium. Disallowing old people, and any distractions within the inside of the car(dvd players, cell-phones, make-up.) to drive in those lanes. Much like the AutoBahn. Fines would be very stiff for driving in high speed lanes without sticker or ID.

Homestead Act Nation wide. Do not know what it is, look it up. Might go for you or against you depending on what side of the law you want to be on ... LOL

Here's a good one:
Anyone requiring the use of a cell-phone or credit card, must take a test and pass or suffer HIGHER rates or charges because of intelligence or lack there of.

Implant all history of ones self including credit info, medical history, and GPS location into every human.
Opps, I say that out loud.

Last but not least:
Legalize Poking smot. GoD put it on the Earth, for me and you... Only "drug" to be considered not processed in order to use. This coming from a FED LEO, LMAO!

"If brains were gas. You wouldnt have enough gas, to drive a piss-ants' motorcycle, half-way around a BB."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to WvGoDFather Send a message via MSN to WvGoDFather  
Unread
  (#2)
Herndon's Finest

January 15, 2008, 03:44 PM

Teired systems for drivers licenses...motorcycle and passenger vehicles. Require special endorsments for SUV's and larger vehicles (not just commercial vehicles). Also have a special endorsment for the high speed lanes that you speak of. Very stiff monetary fines for violations. Allow only certain vehicles for new drivers (<2.0l, manual transmission)

For the motorcycles, go to a system similar to Europe. Only certain bikes allowed for beginning riders (<500cc).

Legalize pot, tax the hell out of it, just like cigarettes. Regulate it like alcohol.

I may come up with some more

Jim

03 Subaru Legacy wagon
08 Subaru Tribeca Limited
12 Yamaha Super Tenere
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to J.R.  
Unread
  (#3)
Rat's on Crack Attack

January 15, 2008, 04:03 PM

I agree with teired drivers licenses.

Also, there has got to be something to say for the "less strict" courts of Loudoun County versus the "more strict" courts of Fairfax County. Not sure what I would want to be done about this, but it should be pretty even. Just because you are one foot over the county line, shouldn't mean that you receive a much higher or lower penalty.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Nothing here

January 15, 2008, 04:24 PM

Make the penalties for sex offenders (especially child sex offenders) similar to those for murder.
Unread
  (#5)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
January 15, 2008, 05:18 PM

Patrick Bedard of Car@Driver magazine had a brilliant idea years ago. After special training drivers that want to go fast get distnctive plates to mount. That way when a leo sees a speeder they can see how fast they alowed to go and enforce accordingly

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
Unread
  (#6)
Derpentine Dealer

January 15, 2008, 06:35 PM

Reevaluate the speed limits and bump a lot of them up in increments of 5 mph. Except for school zones, most of the speed limits are too low, in my opinion.

I'd also do something about all these geriatrics who really have no business being on the roads behind the wheel of a motor vehicle whatsoever. Just the other night some complete a$$hat em-effin' SOB two cages in front of me suddenly decided to make a left turn at a huge intersection. Only problem was that Mr. 85-year-old in the 1979 Caddy was not in a left turn lane, and there were three packed, oncoming lanes of traffic with a green light. So he gets to the intersection on our green while the two left turn lanes on our left-hand side still have red arrows. This... friggin'... nutcase... just stops and ponders what to do until everyone behind him started honking. I was looking to go around on the right, but cages were racing by. So said 85-year-old idiot decides... TO RUN THE RED ARROWS and make his left turn, causing oncoming traffic to screech to a hault and evade a collision as best they could. Yeah, that's right. That stupid fucking idiot cut across two lanes of left turn traffic and THREE lanes of oncoming traffic so that he could make his left turn that he could have legally (and easily) made a block down the road. Oh, and that MFer didn't even have his turn signal on. I was absolutely *PISSED* so I hunted him down and flipped him a good ol' double bird. If he wasn't looking all aged with the white knuckles on the wheel, mouth agape, and hunched over from the 100 or so years he's been on the planet I would have adjusted his sideview mirrors for him. I'd definitely get his ass off the road though, if I had some authority to do it.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#7)
singin sweet home alabama

January 15, 2008, 11:20 PM

Drivers license re-evaluations.

Eliminate interstate speed limits for left most lane except where turns or whatever would prohibit high speeds.

If not existing, pass, publicize and enforce "slower traffic yield to the right".

Require cable companies to sell digital channels on a channel by channel basis, so they can't fack you with 150 channels you don't want in order to get the 10 you do want.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8