DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 512
2 members and 510 guests
Heist, nootherids
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Immigration Rally Pics
Unread
  (#1)
Officially Addicted to Posting

Immigration Rally Pics - April 10, 2006, 04:11 PM

I snapped a couple of pictures of part of the rally today and thought I'd share. Whether or not anyone agrees or disagrees with the protestors, everyone should agree with the right to protest, and in that vein, I thought I'd share with others who couldn't witness it first hand.

Sorry for the poor quality, but I only had my phone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.JPG (78.9 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg 2.JPG (70.4 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg 3.JPG (52.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 4.JPG (53.8 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by rddy; April 10, 2006 at 04:13 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rddy  
Unread
  (#2)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

April 10, 2006, 04:15 PM

kewl pics!!!

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#3)
Track Ho

April 10, 2006, 04:30 PM

cool pics, I will leave my opinion on this one alone

"I am officially retired so please don't ban me"
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
BOHICA

April 10, 2006, 04:38 PM

Interesting pictures.

However, I'm not touching the subject with a ten foot pole.

'05 SV
'05 SSR 125 SB-A
'98 Impreza RS

Member of the 72% Club
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to AJ711  
Unread
  (#5)
Slow Poke

April 10, 2006, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ711
Interesting pictures.

However, I'm not touching the subject with a ten foot pole.

I don't wanna be your b*tch. Say no to 2up!

RIDE THIS!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
IrightI

April 10, 2006, 04:51 PM

Definitely a subject to tread lightly on

06 R6 Raven
03 R6 Track
Unread
  (#7)
Brainwash Your Face!

April 10, 2006, 05:24 PM

Pussies...

You're gonna find me hard pressed to attempt to criminilize people simply trying to make a better life for themselves and their families. Last time I checked, that's part of what made this country great and many of the people that immigrated here over the last century, such as refugee's from war torn Europe, etc, did so "illegally" and were granted citizenship after the fact. Should they be paying taxes that help support our systems of everyday life...roads, water, protection, etc.? Yes...

At this point in the game, the government has slipped (again). Secure the boarders and QUICKLY find a reasonable system to legaize who is here NOW. Preisent Fox needs to get his shit and the country together.

Unless you are Native American somewhere along line your family member(s) came by boat or plane.

*Sidenote- on my way home heading 28 south some jerk in the backseat of an SUV was hanging out the window waving an American flag at a truck full of Spanish men, while flicking them off. It made me sick to my stomach yet I understood once I saw the Bush bumpersticker on the SUV.

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Unread
  (#8)
Addicted to Cajen food...

April 10, 2006, 05:56 PM

I totally agree with boom on this one... you all are a bunch of pussies. You can discuss other shit, but not this??? Fuck that, I'm with boom all the way, secure our borders NOW and find a way to make the illegals in the country, legal... Shit, we should be rallying to help the Native American make a better life for their families, since our forefathers stole the land from them... and yes, I've lived next to a few Reservations.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
BOHICA

April 10, 2006, 06:04 PM

Yes, something needs to be done with the system. I'm not against having people come to this great country. I'm all for it. But I am against people coming to this country and skating by on the benefits while not doing the necessary work to become a legal citizen.

My grandparents came across the Atlantic on boats. I've seen their pictures taken of the Statue of Liberty as they entered the NY Harbor. They went through the system (at the time, quick and complete) and lived their lives as citizens.

Am I the only one who thinks that there should be booths set up in all these rally areas with people standing by to naturalize and help these people so eager to live in the US become actual citizens? And something needs to be done to allow employers the ability to aid in this process. The company I work for employs Hispanics, though I'm not sure if they are citizens or not.

Meh, things need to be changed and I don't have a clue how to do it. :shrug:

[SB]The system is down. Do da da do doodle[/SB]

'05 SV
'05 SSR 125 SB-A
'98 Impreza RS

Member of the 72% Club
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to AJ711  
Unread
  (#10)
noise

April 10, 2006, 06:21 PM

Just discussed with a friend a little about this.... NOT to mention the people who are doing everything legit trying to come over for a long time, some as long as 10 years?

"Love is love and family is what is around you and who is in your immediate sphere."
Unread
  (#11)
Lurking

April 10, 2006, 06:31 PM

Boom and Lao, double amen. People are marching for the right to become citizens. It is wrong to ignore this. I agree they need to figure out a way to secure the boarders and legalize the people here now. I also heard the backlog on becoming legal has a 25 year backlog. Securing the boarder makes sense, the rest of BS they passed in the house is just stupid.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CrazyDaDa  
Unread
  (#12)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!

April 10, 2006, 06:35 PM

I am all for coming to America as long as you are not a criminal, and will try to improve or add positively for yourself and to teh country.

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#13)
B
It goes to 11.

April 10, 2006, 07:07 PM

These people are American, to send them back to thier home countries is wrong. Allowing unsecured borders and allowing an unmonitored influx of people into the country will destablize it (ie the 3 familys living in the condo accross from me illegally driving the price of housing up up up and the standard of living down, the massive influx of Mexican workers is destroying the viability of jobs in southern california and effecting housing in the same way).

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#14)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
April 10, 2006, 07:16 PM

Part of the lack of response is the time of day of the post.

My opinions are a little harsh and I will prolly get bad rep for it.

But here it comes.

Its a political mindgame said politicos are fighting for ileagal votes. Poppycock they cant vote. The ileagals that are making les than min wage do it under the table so they actually take home more than a lot of people that are born and raised as legal citizens. If you dont belive me go out to some small midwest town. Six bucks an hour is good money. Well along comes Jose Gonzales Ramierez Lupo Raul Santiago to some underpaid farmer who pays him 4.75 an hour. Saves the farmer time and money. No tax book work on top of the buck and a half savings.

This all started as an anti terrorism thing. Al Queda has already said they arent trying to get more asholes in country. Guess where they are recruting from.

Got a clue?

MS-13 is one of thier biggest spawning grounds. There are others to be sure.
And where do these assholes come from at the rate of many thousand a day? It aint from Canada.

The Mexican army has been on our soil shooting at our Border patrol to help these cretains get accross.

Im all for legal immigration. As for the border, put up a 20 foot wall and shoot whoever gets within 200 yards.

Off my box for now

PS. This is my PC. version

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.

Last edited by DRAGULA; April 10, 2006 at 08:41 PM..
Unread
  (#15)
Officially Addicted to Posting

April 10, 2006, 07:53 PM

Clearly sending all illegal immigrants home is foolish and unrealistic. But no more so than turning a blind eye and giving all illegal immigrants citizenship. The right answer lies somewhere in between. We have immigration laws and borders for a reason. I won't pretend to understand the political, social and economic reasons for all of it, but it exists, and for that reason should be respected and enforced. There is a legal process by which people come to America today. I imagine that there are many thousands that do it each year. There are of course millions of illegal immigrants, and I am sure that most are hard working and contribute greatly to society. That doesn't change the fact that they are here illegally. The argument that they are doing jobs that noone else wants to do, so they should be allowed to stay is ridiculous to me. What happens when the immigrants become legal citizens, taxes have to be paid, minimum wage requirements have to be met, etc. Are those same employers going to magically be able to pay it, or are more illegal immigrants going to come in and fill those same positions? What then?

In the same breath that some people are saying that we need to secure the borders now, those same people are also saying that we need to make all illegal immigrants legal. If the second part is no big deal, then why bother with the first? Because there is a problem with just allowing anyone in? If so, then why is legalizing everyone so easy for everyone to concede?

That being said, if I were in a position that I could not provide for my family in another country and coming to the US illegally were my only option, I certainly would do it. I would also be prepared to face the consequences of that action.

I certainly don't have the answer, but I think there has to be some compromise. And from what little I've read in the papers, it sounds like they have some good compromises on the table.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rddy