DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 537
2 members and 535 guests
beatle, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Independence Day 2 & 3: back to back sequel
Unread
  (#1)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Independence Day 2 & 3: back to back sequel - November 3, 2011, 12:37 PM

Will Smith Demands $50 Million For Independence Day 2 & 3

Director Roland Emmerich and his old producing and screenwriting partner Dean Devlin are now putting the finishing touches on back-to-back sequel scripts to 1996′s Independence Day, the $800 million worldwide hit that first taught them the importance of blowing major landmarks to hell. Fox started working on structuring a deal to sign him back in early 2009, but the world’s last bankable action star was seeking $50 million to shoot both ID2 and ID3 back-to-back, and Fox balked at so large a price tag in combination with Emmerich’s own hefty salary demands to direct. “The delay wasn’t about whether they both wanted to make the movie,” explains one insider, “It had more to do with ‘Whose dick is bigger?’” Nothing has been yet settled, because almost a year ago all concerned parties elected to retreat and focus instead on first getting the scripts right; they’re expected to be delivered to Fox by early to mid-December of this year at the latest. Insiders tell us that Fox is willing to make the movies without Smith, if necessary, but he is what helps make the films a sure thing: Can the stuck-in-neutral movie business, let alone Fox, afford to lose him?
Smith’s extended hiatus from moviemaking; the actor has been focusing more on his family life and assisting his kids’ efforts to in break into the movie business. (Smith is developing a remake of Annie for his daughter, Willow, and producing a sequel to The Karate Kid for his son, Jaden.)
Usually, Smith shoots two movies a year. But in the last three years, he’s made only one film — Men in Black III — which won’t arrive in theaters until next year. As a result, Hollywood has been shorted about five Will Smith movies in the last three years. Run the numbers, and one quickly sees just how much box office Hollywood is missing out on: From 2005 to 2008, Will Smith starred in five films, grossing, in total, a little over $2 billion worldwide. This is not to say that a few four-quadrant Smith films can jump-start the entire industry, but him getting back in the game can only help things.
While Smith hasn’t committed to the ID sequels, Fox can take comfort in the fact that Smith does not have a next picture completely locked. While it’s been announced that Smith is attached (with his son, Jaden) to star in the M. Night Shyamalan film One Thousand A.E. at Sony Pictures, studio insiders tell Vulture that the studio is going extra-slow on preproduction, marking time to avoid any repeats of its hellish MIB3 shoot and doing everything it can to lock down its story line.
“It’s complicated because of where and how [Smith] wants to shoot; he wants to be close to home, to the kids,” explains our spy, adding, “There’s also been talks about him wanting to include Jada and maybe even Willow in the movie, too. [Sony] just managed to get through the mire that was Men in Black 3, and so they’re just trying to avoid anything remotely similar. They want the story straight, and want Will to sign off on it, totally, before they proceed.”

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#2)
That-boy-wonder

November 3, 2011, 12:58 PM

Must be nice to be high in demand like this......

01 GSXR-750 - tracked by "udntno235"
07 GSXR-750 (New hotness!!)

RIP: Angie "A-Boogie" Johnson
12.15.82 - 8.2.10

Metafor Enterprises, LLC
http://www.metafor.com
http://shop.metafor.com

-"I'll cut you too short to shit"-
-"Only God can control my destiny, so I'm rolling on and looking thru the next turn"-
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
I'm a llama again!

November 3, 2011, 01:00 PM

That smile says it all.

DAMN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A GANGSTA
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Your Ad Here

November 3, 2011, 01:22 PM

I'm waiting for Smith to finally catch the backlash from trying to fist fuck his family into everything.
It's one thing if it's his Overbrook production and his dime - but I am sick of hearing stories from my friends still in the industry of how he all but demands parts be written in for one of his acting kids or tried to supacede producers in his wife's projects.

Frankly, ID doesn't need Will. If you think about it, that movie was an ensemble cast of great B-level character actors (Goldblum aside). Will was only the hero element. Easily swappable.

Granted, I don't hate on anyone for reaping what the market will bear for your labor, but his ways are getting quite diva'ish and I think he may forget, get a head that's too big, regardless of your box office draw numbers, and Hollywood will slam the door in your face.

Ask Wesley Snipes and Mickey Rourke.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Site Owner

November 3, 2011, 01:25 PM

That movie sucked. I'm sure the sequels will suck even more.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#6)
GP Racer

November 3, 2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
It was fine as a mind-numbing popcorn movie. Now, "The Wild Wild West"...that movie sucked.

But agreed. No need to make one sequel, let alone two. They will surely suck.
Unread
  (#7)
The last urrbendah

November 3, 2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper
The fuck? How could a massive nerd like yourself not appreciate the SCI-fi masterpiece that is Independence Day?

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
Unread
  (#8)
Your Ad Here

November 3, 2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
The fuck? How could a massive nerd like yourself not appreciate the SCI-fi masterpiece that is Independence Day?
Ever since the impeding sale of FR and his new found fortunes, Clemson's tastes have gone high brow.

As such, DCsportbikes.net will henceforth trade under the name, DCRapidtwowheeledconveyencevehiclesofleisureanddel ight.net, fine sir.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
GP Racer

November 4, 2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
I'm waiting for Smith to finally catch the backlash from trying to fist fuck his family into everything.
It's one thing if it's his Overbrook production and his dime - but I am sick of hearing stories from my friends still in the industry of how he all but demands parts be written in for one of his acting kids or tried to supacede producers in his wife's projects.

Frankly, ID doesn't need Will. If you think about it, that movie was an ensemble cast of great B-level character actors (Goldblum aside). Will was only the hero element. Easily swappable.

Granted, I don't hate on anyone for reaping what the market will bear for your labor, but his ways are getting quite diva'ish and I think he may forget, get a head that's too big, regardless of your box office draw numbers, and Hollywood will slam the door in your face.

Ask Wesley Snipes and Mickey Rourke.
I've noticed that as well but I understand trying to get your kids in the biz but it is rather annoying.

It would be sad not see smith or goldblum in it but you your right he is swappable.

99 CBR 600 F4 "Black Betty"
05 CBR 600 RR (Stolen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
yes .net is serious business, we only talk about bikes and bike related things EVAH!
* Disclaimer - Bad Speller
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
GP Racer

November 4, 2011, 08:24 AM

Fuck Will Smith. He's gotten too big for his britches.

Shoving the rest of his annoying, pretentious family down our throats just adds insult to injury.

This ninja actually said in an interview that his kids have to contribute. Really? Your 8 yr old must have a music career? How about just letting them be kids and grow up healthy before they're forced to "contribute" to the family empire?

Douche...
Unread
  (#11)
The last urrbendah

November 4, 2011, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Ever since the impeding sale of FR and his new found fortunes, Clemson's tastes have gone high brow.

As such, DCsportbikes.net will henceforth trade under the name, DCRapidtwowheeledconveyencevehiclesofleisureanddel ight.net, fine sir.

I'm betting we see him out with a monocle and a top hat soon.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
Unread
  (#12)
Site Owner

November 4, 2011, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
I love the part about 3/4 way through the movie where the writers are like "OH crap, we're already at 1.5 hours into this thing and we need to give this movie some plot. I know! Let's make the alien mind-meld with President Lone Star and magically he'll be able to read every thought the alien has and explain everything to the movie goers! Perfect!"

eyeroll...

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#13)
That-boy-wonder

November 4, 2011, 09:00 AM

Okay folks, let's be real. Would you all not do the same thing if you had the opportunity?

When I was growing up and wanted money to buy new $100 sneakers my mother and uncle would take me to work with them and do small jobs and they would pay me for it. What's the difference with Will doing the same for his kids? I mean you really don't expect a billionaire to send his kids to McDonalds to mop floor and work the fry machine do you (it would be nice but no). His kids want money, him and jada says they can't have theirs, so they have to work and get their own......he just happens to have the connections in Hollywood... It's no different than Jordan's sons being in the bball world or party rock having a deal cause of who their grandfather is (Barry Gordy)

01 GSXR-750 - tracked by "udntno235"
07 GSXR-750 (New hotness!!)

RIP: Angie "A-Boogie" Johnson
12.15.82 - 8.2.10

Metafor Enterprises, LLC
http://www.metafor.com
http://shop.metafor.com

-"I'll cut you too short to shit"-
-"Only God can control my destiny, so I'm rolling on and looking thru the next turn"-

Last edited by datboii1der; November 4, 2011 at 09:15 AM..
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to