DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 540
5 members and 535 guests
2blueyam, fxc3700, GRN96WS6, Scot, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Infiniti - feedback request
Unread
  (#1)
GP Racer

Infiniti - feedback request - November 28, 2011, 08:30 AM

I am in the market for a new car, and the current G37 is at the top of my list. I know that a few of you here have owned or currently own Infiniti products and would like to get some good feedback. What are the positives/negatives about the brand, car, etc...

More detailed, I am looking at the 2008 - 2010 used Infiniti G37S (so if anyone has a lead or sells them...)

The only major negative I have read is the transmission has issues, only the 7AT, which I believe is 2009 and newer. Where the transmission is harsh at low speeds and will short shift even in manual mode to 'save gas'.

So any feedback/opinions are appreciated.

Thanks

Yamaha FZ8
Husqvarna TE310R ---
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

November 28, 2011, 08:53 AM

well I am biased....
But i have owned alot of nissan products and have a 2005 G35 coupe and have had no issues what so ever. Best car I have ever owned. The only things i can think of is that the car have so much torque that it wears out the rear brake pads before the front because of the VDC. Even with locking Dif it still likes to spin up enough to make the vdc grab.

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#3)
SUPERBITCHIN'

November 28, 2011, 09:25 AM

I have the 7at transmission on my car (a z) and haven't had any problems, the only thing is that it will hard shift going from 3rd to 2nd or 2nd to 1st when in manual mode but only occasionaly.

E che cazzo!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to {SALVA}  
Unread
  (#4)
Traction Control

November 28, 2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by {SALVA} View Post
I have the 7at transmission on my car (a z) and haven't had any problems, the only thing is that it will hard shift going from 3rd to 2nd or 2nd to 1st when in manual mode but only occasionaly.
How is it in the snow?

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Tecknojoe  
Unread
  (#5)
SUPERBITCHIN'

November 28, 2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecknojoe View Post
How is it in the snow?
pretty terrible.

E che cazzo!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to {SALVA}  
Unread
  (#6)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

November 28, 2011, 09:42 AM

Had a G37 awd sedan for a week in 2010, one of the most fun cars I've ever driven.

The interior really improved in 07+, more so the steering wheel.

Get one with a warranty.

-Ryan
Unread
  (#7)
Your Ad Here

November 28, 2011, 10:04 AM

I've owned several Nissan products and had free reign over the 1st gen G37 a few year ago for about 3 weeks.

I will say this, of all the Japanese brands, Infiniti feels the most "Germanic." Their Manual trannies and 6 cylinder engines from are always regarded as one of the 10 Best in the World by Wards and other ratings bodies usually coming in second only to BMW. Not bad company if you ask me.

If I am not mistaken, this latest gen's engine is a derivative of the GT-R's - and we all know what an animal that thing is.

The chinks in Infiniti's armor has been interior materials not being as high a quality as Toyota and not delivering the technology packages suite like Acura.

Two palatable items for me.

The big yellow caution light, their auto trannies. They have never been the most refined over time and I have seen several failures with the Q and I. Even the GT-R had tranny problems and I'm not even going to mention the CVT option for a number of cars they offered.

Outside of 5 years, if I had an auto tranny I would begin to make sure to get regular servicing of the tranny.

Everything else should be solid though.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

November 28, 2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
I've owned several Nissan products and had free reign over the 1st gen G37 a few year ago for about 3 weeks.

I will say this, of all the Japanese brands, Infiniti feels the most "Germanic." Their Manual trannies and 6 cylinder engines from are always regarded as one of the 10 Best in the World by Wards and other ratings bodies usually coming in second only to BMW. Not bad company if you ask me.

If I am not mistaken, this latest gen's engine is a derivative of the GT-R's - and we all know what an animal that thing is.

The chinks in Infiniti's armor has been interior materials not being as high a quality as Toyota and not delivering the technology packages suite like Acura.

Two palatable items for me.

The big yellow caution light, their auto trannies. They have never been the most refined over time and I have seen several failures with the Q and I. Even the GT-R had tranny problems and I'm not even going to mention the CVT option for a number of cars they offered.

Outside of 5 years, if I had an auto tranny I would begin to make sure to get regular servicing of the tranny.

Everything else should be solid though.

yeah GT-R is a 3.8 version of it.

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#9)
Your Ad Here

November 28, 2011, 12:31 PM

lol@unintended racism.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
I'm a llama again!

November 28, 2011, 12:39 PM

I had a 08 G37S. For driving it was simply awesome both power and handling was amazing. Snow it was not the worst car I had ever driven my mustang was WAY worse. Now the bad the car was a POS I had all kinds of electrical problems. Even the traction control would fail when it was cold. To add insult to injury the dealership screwed the car up three different times. They also had the car for the first 2 and half months trying to sort the electrical issues as well as repair what they fucked up.
Unread
  (#11)
GP Racer

November 28, 2011, 01:04 PM

Thanks for feedback - general question is would you buy another one?

Slider - were you compensated while they had the car? did you buy that new? The ones I am looking at are between 25 - 30K miles (so some of the electrical bugs should be worked out). Good side being Infiniti is the service records should be up to date if performed by the dealer.

Yamaha FZ8
Husqvarna TE310R ---
Unread
  (#12)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

November 28, 2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayaus View Post

Slider - were you compensated while they had the car? did you buy that new? The ones I am looking at are between 25 - 30K miles (so some of the electrical bugs should be worked out). Good side being Infiniti is the service records should be up to date if performed by the dealer.

yes I would...and want to.
Im hoping they come out with a M coupe.

Unread
  (#13)
I'm a llama again!

November 28, 2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayaus View Post

They did not do anything while the had the car but more damage LOL.

That's a tough call, they are like a really hot chick to me. You the know ones I am talking about? They know they are super hot and are total bitches to everyone.

On one hand it is really like the poor man's Porsche they are awesome looking inside and out and they are awesome to drive. But they are pain in the ass if it's the only car you have. If you have a truck/suv to go along with it your fine. But I swore I would never own a car like that again with out having a truck or something else. Von has a truck as well if I remember correctly.

So yes I would get one but only if it was a second car.
Unread
  (#14)
I'm a llama again!

November 28, 2011, 01:54 PM

When I got the car my wife looked in the first aid kit. She opens it first thing she pulls out is a maxipad. "I knew this car was for bitches"

LOL
Unread
  (#15)
What are we doing here???

November 28, 2011, 02:06 PM

I have a guy here who has an M45 and we can't get him to shut up about that damn car! Apparently, it is better than a Audi A6 in his eyes but he is an idiot so why quote him.

My 2003 Maxima with the VQ engine was faster than my 2005 TL by far. The engine was solid, not so much for the rest of the car. Personal experiences aside, everyone I know who has an Infiniti, loves them and I don't hear too many problems about them. Should be a solid choice if you decide to pull the trigger. Post up some interior pics too.

Beauty and The Beast

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.