DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 183
2 members and 181 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
InstaMapper GPS Tracking (free)
Unread
  (#1)
I hate Hybrid drivers

InstaMapper GPS Tracking (free) - June 12, 2009, 08:31 AM

I have been testing InstaMapper for my long trip this summer.

It tracks your location via your GPS enabled cell phone and puts it on a google map. It saves 100,000 markers and you can take this data and make tracks of where you have been and share them.

Currently it does not show your track in real time, only your location.

Here is a track i made of my ride into work today. you can click on the yellow dots to see data collected like speed and direction traveling.
http://www.instamapper.com/trk?key=18398908690395590845

This is my location currently. the purple line is a trail of where i came from generated from the last 50 data points. Depending on when you view it you may not see a purple line. Even tho i am not moving it still sends data. I'm going to walk over to get some food once i post this, you will be able to see me as i go. you may have to zoom in to see me move. I have mine set up to send my location every 5 seconds.
http://www.dynamitedave.com/tracker

This is a lot of fun and has some possibilities such as you could track your track days and separate them by lap. You could hard wire a cheap cell phone into your motorcycle and always be able to track it, even on your regular cell phone via mobile web version. i plan to use it to allow my friends and family to keep track of me while I'm cruising around the country in August.

There are other similar things out there but this one is free and so far it kicks ass.
http://www.instamapper.com
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Site Owner

June 12, 2009, 08:44 AM

You drive 94 mph to work?

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#3)
Mojito Anyone?

June 12, 2009, 08:45 AM

awww you were speeding. Track info

Start / finish
2009-06-12 08:36:02
2009-06-12 08:51:16
(15 minutes)

Distance: 20.2 mi
Avg speed: 80 mph
Max speed: 94 mph

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#4)
Site ADMIN

June 12, 2009, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post

busted!

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#5)
I hate Hybrid drivers

June 12, 2009, 09:00 AM

It must be broken. I never exceed the posted speed limit.
Unread
  (#6)
Resident Rodent

June 12, 2009, 09:03 AM

Howdy, neighbor.

- Rat

"Ride to the sound of the guns."

http://www.magicratproductions.com
Unread
  (#7)
Site ADMIN

June 12, 2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david636 View Post
It must be broken. I never exceed the posted speed limit.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#8)
TPG - screw face

June 12, 2009, 09:24 AM

haha you were doin 74 mph at the point just before your job - draggin knees in the parkin lot?

are you sittin at your desk now? this is like the joint with Boost Mobile.. "where you at"

Last edited by Oneway; June 12, 2009 at 09:27 AM..
Unread
  (#9)
Owner & Creator

June 12, 2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
Take it to the pms. You have been warned!
Unread
  (#10)
Site Admin

June 12, 2009, 09:32 AM

thats cool...also a good tool to use if you have kids who have cellphones....just dont tell them you are using it.
Unread
  (#11)
Site ADMIN

June 12, 2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipnduc View Post
thats cool...also a good tool to use if you have kids who have cellphones....just dont tell them you are using it.

BINGO!

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#12)
noise

June 12, 2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipnduc View Post
Me thinks they'll have the phone figured out inside out when the need arises for something like that...

"Love is love and family is what is around you and who is in your immediate sphere."
Unread
  (#13)
GP Champ

June 12, 2009, 10:20 AM

Very nice, I like it. I like the way it displays stuff as well. Good price.
Unread
  (#14)
#swag

June 12, 2009, 10:30 AM

Someone at the track was showing me this software. GPS lap timer..for free.

http://www.racechrono.com/

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Nick  
Unread
  (#15)
Site Admin

June 12, 2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by static View Post
Me thinks they'll have the phone figured out inside out when the need arises for something like that...
GPS chip surgically implanted....good luck figuring that one out...LoL.

Tags
super fuckin cool shit yo