DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 587
4 members and 583 guests
2blueyam, nootherids, Sal_the_man, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Insurance Discussion
Unread
  (#1)
Track Ho

Insurance Discussion - March 2, 2011, 12:21 PM

I got rid of All state home insurance and switched to State Farm after All state did not cover water damage in my condo

I just called State Farm and I can save $400 on my auto insurance over 6 months if I switch from Progressive

Any comments about State Farm for Auto insurance? not necessarily motorcycles

"I am officially retired so please don't ban me"
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Sofa King We Todd Did

March 2, 2011, 12:29 PM

Ive had them for 10 years.....no complaints and great prices.....bike insurance is cheap also
Unread
  (#3)
whoa preppy......

March 2, 2011, 12:30 PM

very good company. I had them for about 10 years. I moved to USAA when my wife and I got married and after they seriously jacked my motorcycle rates I split off.

Are you going through a local agent? It's been my experience they are very good. I've had claims handled by them very quickly (both motorcycle and truck) When my motorcycle was totaled (3 months after I had gotten it) they also refunded me my tax, tags, and title fees as well. Had a check in a matter of days.

2018 XSR700
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
2019 Janus Halcyon
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Bored

March 2, 2011, 12:34 PM

State Farm FTW!!!!

for my bike insur State Farm beat everyone else's rates by $3K!!!!!!!
Unread
  (#5)
Track Ho

March 2, 2011, 12:36 PM

yes I have a local agent, he is right down the street from me

They only go back three years which is really cool, 5 years ago, I was a bad boy

Unread
  (#6)
whoa preppy......

March 2, 2011, 12:37 PM

no one could touch progressive for me on my bikes. They were almost half the price. GEICO does my cars. I've never had to make a claim with progressive but have with GEICO. No issues. Then again, I used to work for them.

2018 XSR700
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
2019 Janus Halcyon
Unread
  (#7)
whoa preppy......

March 2, 2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6hokie View Post
yes I have a local agent, he is right down the street from me

They only go back three years which is really cool, 5 years ago, I was a bad boy

They may only rate for 3 years, but all VA insurance companies go back 5.

For example, you have a reckless in 2006, Statefarm doesn't assign you points for it, but it's used for company placement. I'm not sure if Statefarm has a preferred, general, and indemnity companies within their single company, but most insurance companies work that way.

Depending on your record, you get placed into a sub-company with it's own rating structure.

The bottom line is, who cares....if you're saving money, you're saving money.

2018 XSR700
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
2019 Janus Halcyon
Unread
  (#8)
Track Ho

March 2, 2011, 12:43 PM

I have had really good customer service through Progressive, I guess I want to continue to have good service through State Farm

Allstate is horrible with customer service.......horrible

Unread
  (#9)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

March 2, 2011, 01:17 PM

coworker of mine has a house in ohio and long story short while he was here someone broke in did alot of damage and stole ALOT from his home to include guns, jewelery, tools, anything that can be pawned basically. state farm will always be last on my list of insurance companies i would ever consider after hearing what this man has go through with an insurance company! its quite an insurance horror story!! but i had usaa for renters, motorcycle, and 2 cars and i saved 53 a month for my motorcycle and 110 for my cars
Unread
  (#10)
AMSOIL/NGK Dealer

March 2, 2011, 01:23 PM

I have had State Farm now for 6 years. Never had to use them so I don't know about their customer service yet.
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DC-MOTO Send a message via AIM to DC-MOTO  
Unread
  (#11)
T.R.I.T.D.H

March 2, 2011, 01:24 PM

like a good neighbor state farm is there...

"I want 3 big booty butt naked lisa raye lookin hoes"

*ding*

See yall tomorrow!

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#12)
Your Ad Here

March 2, 2011, 01:28 PM

Just an FYI - unless you have very specific coverage in your policy, next to no condo insurance policy will cover water damage to a condo unless it near catastrophic.
It's a very dicey thing, condos. They are the red headed step child of the real estate and insurance industry.

Worse, you can't go after the Condo Associations Master Policy either for replacement or repairs. You may be able to recover some damages though.

What kind of water damage did you have? Was it infiltration from a unit above you or the roof? Was it a common element (Pipe burst)?

In so much companies, I highly recommend Erie. I have them for Car + Home. When I smacked a deer 4 years ago, they took care of everything within 48 hours. In so much as property, they were just part of a test case for Condominium Law in Maryland 2 years ago regarding what damages they must insure regardless of bylaws and thus their policies are very well vetted and articulate what the damage minimums must be struck before the policy kicks in.

BTW - For Maryland, the threshold is now $5,000.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Last edited by Heist; March 2, 2011 at 02:05 PM..
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#13)
noise

March 2, 2011, 01:37 PM

Great service and promptly resolution to claims...

We've had to use them 2x, 1st my wreck back in 06, excellent hassle free with all the issues going on at that time, very pleased and expressed genuine concern for making it as hassle free and a timely process! 2nd, water pipe damage in garage, again, timely processed and payment!

Great insurance company to deal with corporate wise and my local agent is fantastic with questions no matter how stupid you might think of asking one.

Do eeeeet

"Love is love and family is what is around you and who is in your immediate sphere."
Unread
  (#14)
Gone with the wind....

March 2, 2011, 02:00 PM

I'm thinking about switching to SF within the next month. I've had two ppl rear end me within the last 2 years that were insured with SF. Gotta say their customer service was great for me!! I didn't even have to file a claim with them...they contacted me both times.

Even with the claims, I can still qualify for great rates because I wasn't at fault.

Kawi Ninja 650R and ZX6r

Ride In Paradise Tree and Mz Nez