DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 494
2 members and 492 guests
beatle, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
B
It goes to 11.

September 28, 2005, 11:15 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/09/28/ev....ap/index.html

Has been going on for several years, flip-flopping back and forth.
Intelligent design vs. Evolution

Teach 'em both, let the kid decide...

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#2)
Republicans for Voldemort

September 28, 2005, 01:20 PM

sigh......

Intelligent Design is nothing more that a backdoor method to try and get religion into schools.... Admittedly, it's not focused on the Algo Saxon Christian God, but could apply to multiple different types is still religion....

As there is no proof that certain features of the universe and the creation of living things can be explained by an intelligent cause or being - IT DOESN'T BELONG IN SCIENCE CLASS... The theory of Evolution is based upon scientific method and should be taught in a science class...

Intelligent Design should be taught in a Religion orientated class or in a Philosophy class.. This way individuals could come up with their own ideas and what they believe to be true.... If I had kids in this school system I would be freakin livid that this was happening.....
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hondahawkrider Send a message via AIM to hondahawkrider  
Unread
  (#3)
One and Only

September 28, 2005, 01:27 PM

i like this hondahawk asshole.

How's the DRZ?

Right up the 1 hole.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Cloaca  
Unread
  (#4)
Retired to most ...

September 28, 2005, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondahawkrider
sigh......

Intelligent Design is nothing more that a backdoor method to try and get religion into schools.... Admittedly, it's not focused on the Algo Saxon Christian God, but could apply to multiple different types is still religion....

As there is no proof that certain features of the universe and the creation of living things can be explained by an intelligent cause or being - IT DOESN'T BELONG IN SCIENCE CLASS... The theory of Evolution is based upon scientific method and should be taught in a science class...

Intelligent Design should be taught in a Religion orientated class or in a Philosophy class.. This way individuals could come up with their own ideas and what they believe to be true.... If I had kids in this school system I would be freakin livid that this was happening.....
Can I get an Amen???

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#5)
One and Only

September 28, 2005, 01:31 PM

AMEN MY BROTHA!

JESUS SAVES! I CAN WALK AGAIN!

Right up the 1 hole.
Unread
  (#6)
Typical Stripper

September 28, 2005, 01:31 PM

Funny how things adapt and change over time... Enough said.

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
Addicted to Cajen food...

September 28, 2005, 01:38 PM

I don't know... Woody is heading the opposite direction...
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
Typical Stripper

September 28, 2005, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody
AMEN MY BROTHA!

JESUS SAVES! I CAN WALK AGAIN!
And my thumb is back on

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
Unread
  (#9)
One and Only

September 28, 2005, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudist
And my thumb is back on
Johnny's bung is jumping with joy.

Right up the 1 hole.
Unread
  (#10)
Addicted to Cajen food...

September 28, 2005, 01:52 PM

Sorry, Johnny had that removed... move on please.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#11)
Republicans for Voldemort

September 28, 2005, 02:00 PM

I don't have a problem with Religion in Schools (ie. classes about the Bible, Koran, Etc - are fine by me, long a folks can choose which to take - or to NOT take one), eg. I am not one of these people who feels the pledge of alliegiance needs to have references to GOD removed - same with "Under God We Trust" on our $$... However, just don't tell me I have to recite that part of the pledge - and/or tell me what GOD I have to believe in... Also, the choice to NOT believe should also be an accepted choice.....

My big issue with this kind of thing, is that there is a fairly big polictial machine thanks to dubbya that believes GOD diserves a place in public life- ie politics, school systems, etc. Please don't get me wrong, I have no problem with Religion or Religious Beliefs.. You want to believe in a specific type of God be my guest, just don't tell me that yours is better, the one true god, or that I have to believe in a God or more specifically believe in YOUR GOD!!!!... To me that's insane... I am not certain as to the total number of different religions - but I know it's a fairly substancial number - so how exactly COULD folks teach about GOD in school - there are waaaaaay to many variations on a theme....

Yes, I know that Intelligent Design is just the concept that we are being directed by a higher force... If that helps you sleep at night, fantastic - good for you... However, as there is no proof of this, is doesn't belong in a science class, which the last time I look, teaches kids to establish a rational thought process and to figure things out based upon fact - so how exactly does Religion fit in - other than to contridict (science) in general...

I would like my kids to form their own opinions.. They want to be Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Atheist -etc... It's all fine by me. I just don't need some wack job bible banging fundamentalist trying to influence their decision making process, when they are trying to establish a process for figuring things out on their own...
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hondahawkrider Send a message via AIM to hondahawkrider  
Unread
  (#12)
Typical Stripper

September 28, 2005, 02:09 PM

Quote:
I would like my kids to form their own opinions.. They want to be Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Atheist -etc... It's all fine by me. I just don't need some wack job bible banging fundamentalist trying to influence their decision making process, when they are trying to establish a process for figuring things out on their own...

Unread
  (#13)
Site Owner

September 28, 2005, 02:12 PM

Quote:
I don't have a problem with Religion in Schools (ie. classes about the Bible, Koran, Etc - are fine by me, long a folks can choose which to take - or to NOT take one), eg. I am not one of these people who feels the pledge of alliegiance needs to have references to GOD removed - same with "Under God We Trust" on our $$... However, just don't tell me I have to recite that part of the pledge - and/or tell me what GOD I have to believe in... Also, the choice to NOT believe should also be an accepted choice.....

My big issue with this kind of thing, is that there is a fairly big polictial machine thanks to dubbya that believes GOD diserves a place in public life- ie politics, school systems, etc. Please don't get me wrong, I have no problem with Religion or Religious Beliefs.. You want to believe in a specific type of God be my guest, just don't tell me that yours is better, the one true god, or that I have to believe in a God or more specifically believe in YOUR GOD!!!!... To me that's insane... I am not certain as to the total number of different religions - but I know it's a fairly substancial number - so how exactly COULD folks teach about GOD in school - there are waaaaaay to many variations on a theme....

Yes, I know that Intelligent Design is just the concept that we are being directed by a higher force... If that helps you sleep at night, fantastic - good for you... However, as there is no proof of this, is doesn't belong in a science class, which the last time I look, teaches kids to establish a rational thought process and to figure things out based upon fact - so how exactly does Religion fit in - other than to contridict (science) in general...

Couldn't have said it better myself... so I won't. +10000 to everything you said.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#14)
BIG SACK RYDAHZ PRESIDENT

September 28, 2005, 02:17 PM

FREEWILL.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#15)
rdg
best avatar in the biz

September 28, 2005, 05:32 PM

Quote:
How would it make you feel if I told you the original Pledge of Allegiance from 1892 didn't say anything about God? In fact, it wasn't added until 1954 pretty much by force by President Eisenhower (who was a Republican).

The original Pledge of Allegiance:
I pledge allegiance to my Flag,
and the Republic for which it stands:
one Nation indivisible,
With Liberty and Justice for all.

That right there is poetry. The shit they're reciting in school these days is horseshit.
  Send a message via AIM to