DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 554
5 members and 549 guests
beatle, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, davidcycle, shiphteey, Toecutter
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Internet tough guy alert!
Unread
  (#1)
Posting Nothing Relevant

Internet tough guy alert! - July 26, 2007, 09:29 PM

dont mess with this dude on the net! what a loser...

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/d...382693716.html

Man Burns Down Trailer in Online Feud

Thursday July 26, 2007 8:01 PM

ELM MOTT, Texas (AP) - A Navy man who got mad when someone mocked him as a ``nerd'' over the Internet climbed into his car and drove 1,300 miles from Virginia to Texas to teach the other guy a lesson.

As he made his way toward Texas, Fire Controlman 2nd Class Petty Officer Russell Tavares posted photos online showing the welcome signs at several states' borders, as if to prove to his Internet friends that he meant business.

When he finally arrived, Tavares burned the guy's trailer down.

This week, Tavares, 27, was sentenced to seven years in prison after pleading no contest to arson and admitting he set the blaze.

``I didn't think anybody was stupid enough to try to kill anybody over an Internet fight,'' said John G. Anderson, 59, who suffered smoke inhalation while trying to put out the 2005 blaze that caused $50,000 in damage to his trailer and computer equipment.

The feud started when Anderson, who runs a haunted house near Waco, joined a picture-sharing Web site and posted his artwork and political views. After he blocked some people from his page because of insults and foul language, they retaliated by making obscene digitally altered pictures of him, he said.

Anderson, who went by the screen name ``Johnny Darkness,'' traded barbs with Tavares, aka ``PyroDice.''

Investigators say Tavares boiled over when Anderson called him a nerd and posted a digitally altered photo making Tavares look like a skinny boy in high-water pants, holding a gun and a laptop under a ``Revenge of the Nerds'' sign.

Tavares obtained Anderson's real name and hometown from Anderson's Web page about his Museum of Horrors Haunted House.

Tavares took leave from his post as a weapons systems operator at the AEGIS Training and Readiness Center in Dahlgren, Va., and started driving. Investigators say he told them he planned to point a shotgun at Anderson and shoot his computer.

Instead, when he got to Elm Mott - after posting one last photo of a ``Welcome to Texas'' sign - Tavares threw a piece of gasoline-soaked plastic foam into the back of Anderson's mobile home and lit a flare, authorities say.

Tavares' attorney, Susan Kelly Johnston, said his trip to the Waco area was a last-minute decision during a cross-country trip to visit his parents in Arizona. She said he never intended to hurt Anderson and did not think he was in the trailer when he set the fire.

James Pack, an investigator with the McLennan County Sheriff's Office, caught up with Tavares after talking to people in several states and Spain who had been involved in the online feud. Tavares' cell phone records showed he was in the Waco area at the time of the fire, Pack said.

Tavares told investigators that Anderson had spread computer viruses and insulted his online friends for too long, Pack said.

``He lost everything - all over an Internet squabble,'' the investigator said.

Tavares was discharged last year from the Navy, where he earned several medals - including the pistol expert and rifle expert medals - in his nine-year career, said Navy spokesman Mike McLellan.

Tavares would not let the feud go even at his sentencing. According to Pack, Tavares took cell-phone photos of Anderson in the courtroom while the judge was hearing another case. Authorities ordered the photos erased.

Anderson, an ex-Marine who served in Vietnam, said he continues to be harassed online, has been startled by people knocking on his window late at night and found bullet holes in a door to his business.

He said he is convinced the harassment is related to the Internet feud and plans to spend $30,000 on more fencing topped with barbed wire.

``Before this happened, the rule was: Nobody messes with the haunted house guy,'' Anderson said.

The East Coast Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
This is America I can shit where I want. FREEDOM!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to eck226 Send a message via AIM to eck226  
Unread
  (#2)
The last urrbendah

July 26, 2007, 09:38 PM

Damn, someone beat me to it.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Racer

July 26, 2007, 10:20 PM

Have to say this is BS. Hahahah, trailers don't cost $50k!!!!!!

Can't choose between the R1 and the 10R so I am keeping both but settled with an 1198S when I came home

Keep it up!!!!!!!
Unread
  (#4)
whoa preppy......

July 26, 2007, 11:03 PM

That guy works where I work.

2018 XSR700
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
2019 Janus Halcyon
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Brainwash Your Face!

July 26, 2007, 11:36 PM

I love the fact that his screen name is PyroDice

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Unread
  (#6)
Face Down @$$ UP

July 27, 2007, 12:39 AM

Hell yea! internet Hatfields and the McCoys.

"If brains were gas. You wouldnt have enough gas, to drive a piss-ants' motorcycle, half-way around a BB."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to WvGoDFather Send a message via MSN to WvGoDFather  
Unread
  (#7)
Derpentine Dealer

July 27, 2007, 02:51 AM

Gunners Mate First Class Phillip Asshole.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#8)
You meet the nicest

July 27, 2007, 07:19 AM

Talk about getting flamed

BECAUSE I GET OFF ON IT!
Unread
  (#9)
Officially Addicted to Posting

July 27, 2007, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eck226
dont mess with this dude on the net! what a loser...

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/d...382693716.html

Man Burns Down Trailer in Online Feud

Thursday July 26, 2007 8:01 PM

Man Burns Down Second Trailer in Online Feud

Thursday July 26, 2014 8:01 PM

In a follow-up to a story 7 years ago, eck226's trailer has also been destroyed by flames. Authorities are still look for Tavares, who was released from prison yesterday where he was serving time for a similar charge.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rddy  
Unread
  (#10)
Site Owner

July 27, 2007, 09:03 AM

Blahahaha.. someone's internet balls actually carried over into real life... whodathunkit

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#11)
Mr. Glass

July 27, 2007, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomchic00
I love the fact that his screen name is PyroDice
thats what I was gonna say.

06 Black 10R
http://theazzman.com
http://twitter.com/azzman
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''(@)(@)** **** (@)

Quote:
dressing up like a fruity gangster and going to Sterling, that is like wearing a tuxedo just to go to the bathroom.
Quote:
Buying a sportbike to go the speed limit (which you do not do in your car) is like buying a condom to look at it.

Do you buy a condom to look at it? No you buy it to fuck.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman Send a message via AIM to usman