DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 528
2 members and 526 guests
Sal_the_man, t84a
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#16)
250 cc's of awesomeness

November 21, 2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarvisB View Post
Same here. She got home and all seems to be well now.

I bet it was sprint
It's looking that way. FWIW I've been pretty impressed with my sprint service lately. (aside from today of course)
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#17)
Cager

November 22, 2014, 07:28 AM

I really hope Sprint wont disappoint me especially when I am coming from Verizon. I will be switching over to Sprint on Monday as my contract with Verizon iPhone 5 expires.

The family plan is gonna save me over 50% of my phone bill coming from Verizon so it was a no brainer. Plus Sprint is going to give me $239 for my Verizon iPhone 5

I did my research - the area I live in Alexandria and where I work at is all fully covered with LTE support so I think I should be good

-J. Beaver
--bike-less for now
Unread
  (#18)
Silence... I keeeel you

November 24, 2014, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarvisB View Post
I really hope Sprint wont disappoint me especially when I am coming from Verizon. I will be switching over to Sprint on Monday as my contract with Verizon iPhone 5 expires.

The family plan is gonna save me over 50% of my phone bill coming from Verizon so it was a no brainer. Plus Sprint is going to give me $239 for my Verizon iPhone 5

I did my research - the area I live in Alexandria and where I work at is all fully covered with LTE support so I think I should be good
Good luck. Alexandria might be OK. But I can tell you Sprint service in Bmore SUCKED. To the point that I paid more for Verizon. Tired of all the dropped calls, missed calls, and texts that wouldn't send.

Then again... That's just me.

On the internet... Everyone is an expert.

And now...The dancing Banana:
iOS 8.1.1 sucks
Unread
  (#19)
250 cc's of awesomeness

iOS 8.1.1 sucks - November 24, 2014, 08:34 AM

I don't have those problems here in NOVA.
Unread
  (#20)
Im Always Down to Ride

November 24, 2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnknmnky13 View Post
Good luck. Alexandria might be OK. But I can tell you Sprint service in Bmore SUCKED. To the point that I paid more for Verizon. Tired of all the dropped calls, missed calls, and texts that wouldn't send.
Bro...Sprint is horrific. I was with Sprint for 12 years and finally just took a leap of faith and went over to T-Mobile. Boy I was upset after seeing just how much better T-mobile was.

Sprint has the slowest speeds out of all carriers. Even the 4g is terrible.

Check this out...PCMag did a huge test this year.

Fastest Mobile Networks 2014 | PCMag.com

Remember when sex was safe and motorcycles were dangerous?

Speed kills, ride a Yamaha!

MotorSport/PowerSport Auctions
Unread
  (#21)
Your Ad Here

November 24, 2014, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bds120 View Post
Bro...Sprint is horrific. I was with Sprint for 12 years and finally just took a leap of faith and went over to T-Mobile. Boy I was upset after seeing just how much better T-mobile was. Sprint has the slowest speeds out of all carriers. Even the 4g is terrible. Check this out...PCMag did a huge test this year. Fastest Mobile Networks 2014 | PCMag.com
Been with TMobile since they were Omnipoint nearly 20 years ago.
Always been pleased.
Tmobile is perfectly acceptable so long as you live and generally stay within 30-40 miles of a major metro a majority of the time. If not, Tmobile is not the service provider you want to use.

The tradeoff for their low prices is a network bandwidth that doesn't penetrate structures as easily as A or V's, and of course, much less LTE coverage.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#22)
Groping is a skill...

November 24, 2014, 01:58 PM

I have rotated through every provider thrice over. I just had to switch back to Verizon due to my company. I have to say that ATT had the best service bar none. Had sprint multiple times due to different companies and my mom uses it now. It's still not good. Verizon is one step up but still sucks as bad as I remembered they did. Their 4GLTE speeds are much slower than ATTs in NY/Chicago/NOVA and suburbs. You get reception for phone calls so that's not bad but even if your phone is showing full bars you'll get choppy data. I think it's just a bandwidth issue with them. T-mobile I can't comment on much since I had them mid 90s to early 2000 and they were ok when data was not an issue.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#23)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

November 24, 2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Been with TMobile since they were Omnipoint nearly 20 years ago.
Always been pleased.
Tmobile is perfectly acceptable so long as you live and generally stay within 30-40 miles of a major metro a majority of the time. If not, Tmobile is not the service provider you want to use.

The tradeoff for their low prices is a network bandwidth that doesn't penetrate structures as easily as A or V's, and of course, much less LTE coverage.
Their 'next gen' tech (note 4 is the only that supports it right now) will actually be one of the better signals that penetrate walls.

-Ryan