DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 554
1 members and 553 guests
davidcycle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
ipod ???
Unread
  (#1)
i like to make toilet

ipod ??? - June 26, 2006, 12:41 PM

how do i delete songs i dont want off my ipod?
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
BE ENCOURAGED!

June 26, 2006, 12:43 PM

http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/Dumm...e/id-2385.html

Deleting music on your iPod

With manual updating, you can delete songs from the iPod directly. While an automatic update adds and deletes songs, manual deletion is a nice feature if you just want to go in and delete a song or an album to make room for more music.
To delete any song in the song list with your iPod set to manual updating, follow these steps:
1. Select the iPod in the iTunes Source list.
2. Open the iPod's contents in iTunes.
3. Select a song or album on the iPod in iTunes, and press the Delete key or choose Edit --> Clear.
iTunes displays a warning to make sure you want to do this; click OK to go ahead or Cancel to stop. If you want to delete a playlist, select the playlist and press the Delete key or choose Edit --> Clear.
As in the iTunes library, if you delete a playlist, the songs themselves are not deleted they are still on your iPod unless you delete them from the iPod song list or update the iPod automatically with other songs or playlists.

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#3)
I got dis!

June 26, 2006, 12:45 PM

Go to your ipod library in itunes, highlight the song, and hit that handy dandy delete key on your keyboard.

- Matt

Quoted from AIM. A conversation with Dwight about him and Ben.
"cpsdwight: i couldnt believe that i was keeping him up"

Harvey - "I can't date fat chicks man, there's just too much material there. Someone's gotta be thin in the relationship and it's obviously not me."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Drgnfiend Send a message via AIM to Drgnfiend  
Unread
  (#4)
i like to make toilet

June 26, 2006, 12:51 PM

thanks who knew it could be so easy!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread
  (#5)
Typical Stripper

June 26, 2006, 12:56 PM

Dont mean to hijack, but I am thinking about selling my 30 gig 5g iPod.... is there a way to clear the whole thing?

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
Unread
  (#6)
I got dis!

June 26, 2006, 01:01 PM

Go to your ipod library in itunes, highlight all songs by hitting Ctrl + A (or Edit, Select All), and hit that handy dandy delete key on your keyboard.

- Matt

Harvey - "I can't date fat chicks man, there's just too much material there. Someone's gotta be thin in the relationship and it's obviously not me."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Drgnfiend Send a message via AIM to Drgnfiend  
Unread
  (#7)
I'm an Asshole

June 26, 2006, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudist
Dont mean to hijack, but I am thinking about selling my 30 gig 5g iPod.... is there a way to clear the whole thing?
Of course. If you're using windows, there should be an Ipod Updater in your start menu. Start up that program and pick restore. It'll wipe it back to factory defaults. Why are you selling? And for how much. The 5g is the video ( i assume that you know that). Im interested.

The way dragnfld said will not clear your calendar or contacts. Just fyi.

If you can read this, give me a red dot
If you get mad when I type, do us both a favor.

Some recent rep I have been given:
-U-R-Gay (unsigned)
-you dont even ride you troll (unsigned)
-you are now 115% gay, ghey, and ghay (unsigned)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to griffindj Send a message via Skype™ to griffindj 
Unread
  (#8)
DT
Yesssssss.....

June 26, 2006, 01:09 PM

Hate my ipod - so user unfriendly...

Bought mine - then bought a palm pilot - I get video, mp3's, and everything else with a HELL of a lot longer battery life.

But then I wouldn't like everyone else at the gym...

04 600RR - SOLD

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton Jr
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DT Send a message via AIM to DT Send a message via MSN to DT Send a message via Skype™ to DT 
Unread
  (#9)
Typical Stripper

June 26, 2006, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffindj
Of course. If you're using windows, there should be an Ipod Updater in your start menu. Start up that program and pick restore. It'll wipe it back to factory defaults. Why are you selling? And for how much. The 5g is the video ( i assume that you know that). Im interested.

Yep its the 5g Video iPod. Selling because it really doesnt fit my needs. I have used a protective case on it for the few months that I have owned it. I also have a nice JBL speaker setup for an iPod as well.... it charges it and is compatible with every iPod. Sounds really good.

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
Unread
  (#10)
I got dis!

June 26, 2006, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffindj

Good point I didn't think about that. Does anyone actually use the calendar or contacts features on theirs?

If you don't have the IPOD Updated installed for any reason you can just go to Apple and download it.

- Matt

Unread
  (#11)
I'm an Asshole

June 26, 2006, 01:19 PM

I think that the fact that the ipod has like 80% of the mp3 player market is a testement to its user friendliness. I doubt people buy it to "be like everyone else at the gym" but rather because it is so easy to use, and the iTunes store is ubelievably convenient. But enough of that now on to batter life.

My palm zire runs out of batter quicker than digital camera at a family reunion. Amazon it says it lasts 3-4.5 hours. About as much as a cell phone during talk time. My old ipod had an estimated battery life of 15-20 hours of constant music play and 5 or so hours of constant video play.

Not trying to start an arguement, I just don't want misinformation being passed around.

-U-R-Gay (unsigned)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to griffindj Send a message via Skype™ to griffindj 
Unread
  (#12)
I'm an Asshole

June 26, 2006, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudist
Yep its the 5g Video iPod. Selling because it really doesnt fit my needs. I have used a protective case on it for the few months that I have owned it. I also have a nice JBL speaker setup for an iPod as well.... it charges it and is compatible with every iPod. Sounds really good.
black or white?

How much you want for the ipod alone? I'm not a fan of the external speakers.

-U-R-Gay (unsigned)
Unread
  (#13)
GP Champ

June 26, 2006, 01:31 PM

I'm iffy on pods. I've got third gen iPod but only use it in the car for long trips. Nicole uses her shuffle and now new 5g iPod for all the podcasts she listens to. She enjoys hers much more than I do.

'00 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R
'03 Honda XR100R
Xbox: ThrustinJ
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ThrustinJZX6  
Unread
  (#14)
Typical Stripper

June 26, 2006, 01:34 PM

Black.... Im looking into what I would see as a reasonable price. I will entertain offers via PM.

Unread
  (#15)
I'm an Asshole

June 26, 2006, 01:50 PM

PM sent

-U-R-Gay (unsigned)