DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 226
3 members and 223 guests
2blueyam, nootherids, Speed3
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
iPod HELP!! I'm about to cry!!!
Unread
  (#1)
I just peed a little

iPod HELP!! I'm about to cry!!! - April 22, 2008, 11:19 AM

I was trying to back up the songs on my iPod and the damn thing went all funky on me! Now its just blinking the little apple screen and making a clicking noise. No matter what I plug it in to, nothing changes.

HELLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't even care if the iPod dies...I JUST WANT MY MUSIC OFF OF IT!!!!
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Monkey Send a message via AIM to Monkey Send a message via Skype™ to Monkey 
Unread
  (#2)
GP Racer

April 22, 2008, 11:20 AM

OH no!! Tyler's IPod did this, but there was something in the Ipod program that had saved everything he had... would that be a possibility?????

~Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to KumiK Send a message via AIM to KumiK  
Unread
  (#3)
Ex-racer TURNED Post Whore

April 22, 2008, 11:23 AM

I don't know how to help, but I tried to hook my iPod up the other day to my computer, and the computer wouldn't read that it was hooked up!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Christa525 Send a message via AIM to Christa525  
Unread
  (#4)
Derpentine Dealer

April 22, 2008, 11:28 AM

Relax. Most likely you just need to reset it. The exact procedure depends on which ipod you have though. I have the 30 Gb video ipod. For this one, you switch the hold switch to on and then back off. Then you press and hold at the same time both the Menu button and the select button (in the middle) until the apple logo appears on the screen. Then let it start up. You should be good to go.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Now with a TBSP of love

April 22, 2008, 11:29 AM

I think there's a setting in ITunes for restoring the OS on the IPod. Try what OSD said first though.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Spiritnblk  
Unread
  (#6)
I just peed a little

April 22, 2008, 11:31 AM

didn't work....when I was holdin the buttons down it turned off, but as soon as I let go it went back to doin what it was doin
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Monkey Send a message via AIM to Monkey Send a message via Skype™ to Monkey 
Unread
  (#7)
Site Owner

April 22, 2008, 11:32 AM

If you "restore" the ipod in itunes, it will wipe your music.

If its making clicking noises, that could very well be a hard drive failure. Which is bad news.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#8)
Bikeless... for now

April 22, 2008, 11:39 AM

You can always make an APPOINTMENT at this Apple store to have it looked at, yes, you have to make an appointment

My bike run's on snake oil.... thanks to BG.

'06 ZX-6R in blue
'93 Ninja EX500 (sold)
Unread
  (#9)
subUrban Warrior

April 22, 2008, 11:45 AM

clicking = hard drive failure as mentioned above

"I banged so many chicks last year my iPhone address book broke" - overheard at a Dover, DE bar
Unread
  (#10)
I just peed a little

April 22, 2008, 11:46 AM

I put it in the other room so I don't have to listen to the clicking. My best friend called and said this same sorta thing happened to his and he just let the battery run all the way down then recharge it and poof it worked again...soooooooooooooo we'll see I guess....I just wish there was a way to get the music off the hard drive then the iPod can click itself to death all it wants
Unread
  (#11)
Posting Nothing Relevant

April 22, 2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper
If you "restore" the ipod in itunes, it will wipe your music.

If its making clicking noises, that could very well be a hard drive failure. Which is bad news.
+1, take it to apple and have them diagnose it. its free.

The East Coast Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
This is America I can shit where I want. FREEDOM!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to eck226 Send a message via AIM to eck226  
Unread
  (#12)
Ling Long

April 22, 2008, 11:52 AM

Make sure it isn't locked and hold the center button and menu button down together for 20 seconds... if that doesn't work you have the other version, so hold the center buttion and the play/pause button down for 20 seconds.

If it's still clicking it's probably a disk drive failure and you're fubar.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#13)
Super Moderator

April 22, 2008, 11:56 AM

I had issues with mine last year and resetting it didn't fix it...but I just let the battery run out...and then recharged it and it worked fine. So try that and see what happens.

Then if that didn't work, make a trip to the Apple store. And while you're there, maybe you would like to buy me an iPhone. My birthday is quickly approaching

~Kim
CCS# 827
01 GSXR1000
01 SV650S

I'm ADOS: Attention Deficit Oooooohhhhh ... Shiny!!!

Life's a BITCH. 'Cause if it was a slut, it'd be easy.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to kevers  
Unread
  (#14)
I just peed a little

April 22, 2008, 12:04 PM

Well...sonofawhore....I called Apple...and I hit some buttons...and the clicking stopped and the iPod went into "Disk Mode"...I plugged her back in and iTunes informed me that I'm fucked...but in a much nicer manner. Sooo my only option is to restore it aaand lose everything..but I guess all is lost already so no reason to dwell.
Unread
  (#15)
Ling Long

April 22, 2008, 12:07 PM

I have software that will still get your songs off of it.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt