DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 302
1 members and 301 guests
Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Iraq - So what's your plan?!
Unread
  (#1)
Posting Nothing Relevant

Iraq - So what's your plan?! - January 25, 2007, 12:13 PM

ok, just wondering what some of you that think we should leave Iraq plan to do once gone? because most of the people i talk to end up pulling a Hilary, "uuuhhh, i dont have a plan, but i feel very strongly that we should leave, mostly based on the fact that i dont like bush or cheney. yea". should we just leave the area and let everyone fight it out over there? say fuck it and bail?

here's what i think. we cant leave just yet, because then Iran and radical jihadist islams take over the entire region. and then what? they have a nice little area to call their own, strengthen their forces to hit us and the entire world again, harder. then when we do go back they are nice and built in even more so than now. then we'll hear all the bleeding hearts here crying for us to go back in the same "Save Darfur" way they are slinging at us now.

and what if we leave, what is that saying to all the radical jihadist leaders? that we gave up. they win. what will they do with that? i can see it now, within minutes of the US saying we are pulling troops because its a lost cause there will be hundreds of messages spreading "ISLAM HAS BEATEN THE IMPERIAL WEST! THE WAR IS OURS! JOIN US BROTHERS IN SPREADING THE WAY OF ISLAM ON THE WORLD!", giving credability to what they have said, which will inevitably recruit hundreds of thousands more radical soldiers willing to suicide bomb any city in the world. then what will be done? will we start a second crusades? because then it will be the world against the nation of islam.

this will not be like leaving Vietnam or Korea where they were fighting internally, this will spread quickly through out the world and kill many other innocent people.

as for my plan? shit, id love to get out of there to, but i know it wont happen, so i leave it up to the people who run the show. yes, i think bush should listen a little more to the people on the ground. fuck his bull shit study group, who the fuck are they, what do they know? nothing except what they are told. you want a study group, get together 10 Coronels from each branch that have been on the ground in that area for atleast 2 tours. they know what needs done. then do that.

those are my thoughts, what are yours? seriously.

The East Coast Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
This is America I can shit where I want. FREEDOM!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to eck226 Send a message via AIM to eck226  
Unread
  (#2)
B
It goes to 11.

January 25, 2007, 12:21 PM

Take a look at Samolia... namely Mogadishu...

You're focusing on the wrong problem, namely the symptom of the real problem... the middle east hates us, where the real problem is that our meddling in the affairs and lives of great numbers of people is creating a lot of tension between America and other nations.

I tried to detail that in a couple of other posts I've made in the last couple of weeks. Staying in Iraq will do about as much good as staying in Mogadishu, there is no end to the conflict, it is a conflict of opposing ideals, and you can't bomb, repress, shoot, enforce, or brainwash out ideals... especially ones that have existed for hundreds of years.

If America built a paradise there, they would destroy it, just on principle of the architect.

Many countries go through civil war to resolve differences of ideals, most every major nation currently presiding has to include France, America, Russia, England, Italy, Greece and others to greater or lesser degrees. Let them have thier civil war.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.

Last edited by B; January 25, 2007 at 03:26 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#3)
Go Skins!!

January 25, 2007, 03:11 PM

We need to pull out. Bush refuses to talk with the surrounding country for help. We no longer know who the enemy is. To put more american troops in Iraq would only give Iraq's more targets to shoot at. American has only reported how many americans have been killed not how many have been wounded. Walter Reed is over flowing with wounded soldiers.

These new soldiers have families of there own. When Bush and the rest of his entourage send their sons to the front lines I will believe sending more troops will work.

My plan is to pull out and let the Iraq's decide what kind of nation they want to have. No matter what we say or do the Iraq's have to decide to stop fighting.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Have Bikes - Will Travel

January 25, 2007, 03:35 PM

Nuke it from orbit! It's the only way to be sure.

-Hugh

Ill believe corporations are people when Texas executes one.
http://www.twowheelsgood.net
Unread
  (#5)
B
It goes to 11.

January 25, 2007, 03:43 PM

read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mujahadeen , it's a history lesson of our dealings with the current problems of the world... strangely enough there is one CONSTANT denominator throughout the whole thing, proxy war influence by the united states of america. Take 30 minutes out of your day to research the history of what is going on...

Imagine this like a dog fight, America is one owner, and Russia is another. They don't want to fight each other, so they raise a dog, teach it to fight, whip it into a frenzy... send it to attack. But like dog fighters, we did a certain amount of beating on them to get them frenzied, and now we are appauled that they'd bite us. How dare they. So I guess you can either stop beating on the dog, and let shit cool down, keep beating it until it's dead, or get someone else to calm the dog down... what would you do with the dog?

"Ronald Reagan praised them as freedom fighters, and the 1988 Rambo III portrayed them as heroic."

The men who are "evil" now, were once our allies. We trained them, we funded them.

and dont think that this is actually over...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6298071.stm

"Nonetheless, many Russian diplomats see a special place for India, our analyst says.

They have repeatedly raised the idea of a strategic triangle, uniting Russia, India and China, in an axis opposed to the global dominance of the United States.
It has been stymied by realities on the ground, including the fact that Russia and India are both wary of China's status as an emerging economic and military super-power, our analyst adds."

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Last edited by B; January 25, 2007 at 03:51 PM..
Unread
  (#6)
Contributes nothing

January 25, 2007, 03:47 PM

LETS DO IT MAN! LET'S DO THE WHOLE FUCKING VILLAGE!

-Craig

Confusing the issue, since before you were ugly.

Woody: i'd probably bang her if she didn't look like a man

spud: yeah, i was checking out dicks
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to yzl337  
Unread
  (#7)
itsOnlyWrongIfuGetCaught

January 25, 2007, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughtwg
Nuke it from orbit! It's the only way to be sure.

-Hugh
It is really hard to know your enemy over there. If 72% of the middle east doesn't like us.... I'm willing to sacrifice the remainder.

"I'm ready for a commitment Harry. First time I set eyes on Mary Swanson I just got that old-fashioned romantic feeling, where I'd do anything to bone her."
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
Stercus accidit

January 25, 2007, 04:48 PM

Use the technology developed in the Robocop program to bring Saddam back to life, but like super saddam who is controlled by that huge computer from wargames. Put him back in charge, problem solved.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Harvey_TT600  
Unread
  (#9)
Got my Permit

January 25, 2007, 04:49 PM

Let's unhang Saddam, put him back in power and pretend like nothing happened.
Unread
  (#10)
singin sweet home alabama

January 25, 2007, 05:02 PM

Leave.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#11)
GP Racer

January 25, 2007, 05:35 PM

My Iraq plan - pull out and arm the Kurds to the teeth.

They seem like the only ethnic group worth being an ally with.

Hopefully the country will get broken off into 3 factions and a military stalemate will develop into unique borders for 3 new nations.
Unread
  (#12)
GP Racer

January 25, 2007, 05:38 PM

I think we need to get out of there. I understand that Bush wants to finish what he started. But at what cost, my younger brother is a Marine. And has done two tours and he would gladly go back and fight some more. But he is a mess. I love him to death, but he has changed since coming back. I stand by our troops. Lets just hope that if we do stay we get out quickly without lots more lives lost. The sad thing is we dont really hear how many troops are killed. I will continue to support the troops until the last one comes home.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to java927  
Unread
  (#13)
singin sweet home alabama

January 25, 2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by java927
I think we need to get out of there. I understand that Bush wants to finish what he started. But at what cost, my younger brother is a Marine. And has done two tours and he would gladly go back and fight some more. But he is a mess. I love him to death, but he has changed since coming back. I stand by our troops. Lets just hope that if we do stay we get out quickly without lots more lives lost. The sad thing is we dont really hear how many troops are killed. I will continue to support the troops until the last one comes home.
+1 and kudos for a great avatar.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#14)
Got my Permit

January 26, 2007, 12:30 AM

Bring em home. We can't stay there forever, and if we intend to stay there until the Iraqi government is up to snuff, then we'll be there forever. Without diplomacy there can be no stability in the middle east. Currently we're looking at Arab nations (Iran, Syria) essentially at war with Iraq by way of insurgency. Granted, they view the new Iraq as an extension of America, but the extent to which the attacks are directed at Iraqi civilians illustrates how bad things have gotten in the region as a result of this war's continuation.

Though I feel bad saying it, I've kind of stopped wringing my hands over the whole thing. I was against it from the beginning, have voiced objection to it throughout, and am pretty tired of the intimation by people like Dick Cheney that for having done so I'm either weak-willed, unpatriotic, or a terrorist sympathizer. If you ask me, the weak-willed ones are those who have swallowed what the current administration has given them to swallow for the last 6 years.

The sooner our countrymen and women come home the better, but I won't be spending my saturday on the mall trying to accomplish that. It's clear by now that the will of the people is of no import to the Decider. Hopefully I'll be picking up a bike and out riding instead. High temp on sat is supposed to be 51.

Best wishes to the troops. Support them by getting them out of there.
Unread
  (#15)
B
It goes to 11.

January 26, 2007, 09:11 AM

I HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets have the Iraqi's "attack Israel"... that way we can begin the Zionist aggression of the middle east and WE wont have to spend the money on bombs!!!!

Proxy War #23 FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO ZIONISTS!!!

SV650s for SALE!!!