DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 551
0 members and 551 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
DCSportbikes.net

DCSportbikes.net (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/)
-   Non-Sportbike Chat (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f41/)
-   -   Israel -vs- Palestine (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f41/israel-vs-palestine-77984/)

Heist November 19, 2012 09:35 AM

Israel -vs- Palestine

Well, this is quite a nice way to close the year out and just before the holidays. Anyone up on taking odds on this most recent uptick of action in this 50 year old conflict (possibly more if you want to get biblical.)

After generations of conflict in this region, I would hope pragmatic peace discussions could take place. The concessions that would need to be made by both nations seem unpalatable but they must each take a bite of a bitter pill if peace is what they truly desire.

Jerusalem most likely would need to be declared a jointly owned city/district, the West Bank borders redrawn and the Jewish encroachment by settlers halted.

Israel on its part would need to curtail the belief that they have the sovereign right to all the land.

Iran would certainly need to be neutralized as a supporting actor before any of this takes place.

The process will be messy and far from elegant, but god I wish it would take place.

Naked_Biker November 19, 2012 09:42 AM

I predict my grand children will still be praying for peace in the Middle East.

drt_Jumper November 19, 2012 10:07 AM

We have a better chance of every single post on this board becoming mature and motorcycle related then they do of ever having peace between them.

lam@dcsf November 19, 2012 10:09 AM

Are you talking about compliance with the 1967 agreement?

turkishexpress November 19, 2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naked_Biker (Post 1302449)
I predict my grand children will still be praying for peace in the Middle East.

What grand children? I thought it was me and you forever?

MudDawg November 19, 2012 10:30 AM

Look up the 6 days war. Unfortunately wikipedia has gone politically correct in it's version. Basically every country surrounding Israel was massed on it's border and threatening to overrun & conquer it. Israel saw the writing on the wall, kicked the crap out of each of the surrounding armies to preserve the country. Who wouldn't???

Now each off those countries is claiming it's "not fair", etc. They want the land back. Sorry. They signed up for the ass kicking. Hamas has been shooting missles into Israel. Like 1000 is a number I heard tossed out. Like 3/4ths are being intercepted. The rest are hitting Israeli buildings, people, etc. So now the Palestinians are claiming Israel is the problem? Bullshit. Israel needs to pound everything settled by palestinians into sand (They now have enough warning, it's coming, leave or die.) Stop the half hearted attempts at a peace that non of the surrounding countries will support.

Naked_Biker November 19, 2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turkishexpress (Post 1302458)
What grand children? I thought it was me and you forever?

Awww, you'll always be my Turkish delight.

lam@dcsf November 19, 2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MudDawg (Post 1302466)
Look up the 6 days war. Unfortunately wikipedia has gone politically correct in it's version. Basically every country surrounding Israel was massed on it's border and threatening to overrun & conquer it. Israel saw the writing on the wall, kicked the crap out of each of the surrounding armies to preserve the country. Who wouldn't???

Now each off those countries is claiming it's "not fair", etc. They want the land back. Sorry. They signed up for the ass kicking. Hamas has been shooting missles into Israel. Like 1000 is a number I heard tossed out. Like 3/4ths are being intercepted. The rest are hitting Israeli buildings, people, etc. So now the Palestinians are claiming Israel is the problem? Bullshit. Israel needs to pound everything settled by palestinians into sand (They now have enough warning, it's coming, leave or die.) Stop the half hearted attempts at a peace that non of the surrounding countries will support.

I thought this thread was about hoping for peace but I guess now it's about having a local 6-day war, verbal version. :jerry:

Slow November 19, 2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heist (Post 1302445)
Well, this is quite a nice way to close the year out and just before the holidays. Anyone up on taking odds on this most recent uptick of action in this 50 year old conflict (possibly more if you want to get biblical.)

After generations of conflict in this region, I would hope pragmatic peace discussions could take place. The concessions that would need to be made by both nations seem unpalatable but they must each take a bite of a bitter pill if peace is what they truly desire.

Jerusalem most likely would need to be declared a jointly owned city/district, the West Bank borders redrawn and the Jewish encroachment by settlers halted.

Israel on its part would need to curtail the belief that they have the sovereign right to all the land.

Iran would certainly need to be neutralized as a supporting actor before any of this takes place.

The process will be messy and far from elegant, but god I wish it would take place.

http://i.imgur.com/p6QWR.jpg

Fitz November 19, 2012 10:58 AM

It certainly doesn't help things that the US is constantly trying to play both sides.

ceilingcat November 19, 2012 11:01 AM

Peace in the Middle East is that kind of hopeless policy goal the Ivy League socilites persue. The famous words of the late Rodney King "Can't we all just get along" Do not apply.

Heist November 19, 2012 11:09 AM

Not necessarily seeking peace in the Middle East.
Hoping they would at least reach a true and honest mutual cease fire accord. From there they can work on resolutions, or a peace treaty.

morsetaper2 November 19, 2012 11:10 AM

Many of those missiles are made/mfgd by the Iranians.

RileysDad November 19, 2012 11:20 AM

100 million pages followed by the lock and threats of the ban hammer. Three useful posts.

Heist November 19, 2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MudDawg (Post 1302466)

Mud, at this point it is not a matter of who did what and started what when because at this moment there is more than enough blame to go around.
Hamas has been firing rockets indiscriminately. Israel encroaches on more and more land and refuses to recognize or give Palestine statehood. Hamas fires more rockets. Rinse, repeat.

It is a nasty and ultimately self defeating feedback loop.

If Israel were to initiate a ground war and pound Palestine into the sand, do you believe Iran, Lebanon, and possibly Syria would stand around and watch. It would be a Muslim Brotherhood call to arms not seen since antiquity - and that in inexorably would drag America, kicking and screaming, back into the Middle East.