DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 528
1 members and 527 guests
GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Israel -vs- Palestine
Unread
  (#1)
Your Ad Here

Israel -vs- Palestine - November 19, 2012, 09:35 AM

Well, this is quite a nice way to close the year out and just before the holidays. Anyone up on taking odds on this most recent uptick of action in this 50 year old conflict (possibly more if you want to get biblical.)

After generations of conflict in this region, I would hope pragmatic peace discussions could take place. The concessions that would need to be made by both nations seem unpalatable but they must each take a bite of a bitter pill if peace is what they truly desire.

Jerusalem most likely would need to be declared a jointly owned city/district, the West Bank borders redrawn and the Jewish encroachment by settlers halted.

Israel on its part would need to curtail the belief that they have the sovereign right to all the land.

Iran would certainly need to be neutralized as a supporting actor before any of this takes place.

The process will be messy and far from elegant, but god I wish it would take place.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Ton Up!

November 19, 2012, 09:42 AM

I predict my grand children will still be praying for peace in the Middle East.

~Justin

FREE FITZ!!!!

1999 Suzuki SV650
1982 Kawasaki GPz550 : RIP 4/16/09
1971 Honda CB450 : SOLD!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

November 19, 2012, 10:07 AM

We have a better chance of every single post on this board becoming mature and motorcycle related then they do of ever having peace between them.
Unread
  (#4)
no one's blowing up moons

November 19, 2012, 10:09 AM

Are you talking about compliance with the 1967 agreement?

Physics always wins

. . . . so get that helmet cam! . . . . . . Because the D-K Effect is an STD .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider View Post
This is what happens when weak minded adults allow children to make decisions. You get stupid shit like this.
unintentional accidental

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I am socially disabled so some things do need to be explained to me.

2013 Suzuki TU250XL3
2010 Triumph Bonneville - I love that fucking bike . . . . Om nom nom nom . . .-Fitz
2009 Suzuki TU250XK9 - KBC Sep 2013
2001 Honda Rebel CMX - KBC Mar 2010

http://flexyourrights.org/
Unread
  (#5)
Groping is a skill...

November 19, 2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked_Biker View Post
I predict my grand children will still be praying for peace in the Middle East.
What grand children? I thought it was me and you forever?

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Suddenly Superstitious!!!

November 19, 2012, 10:30 AM

Look up the 6 days war. Unfortunately wikipedia has gone politically correct in it's version. Basically every country surrounding Israel was massed on it's border and threatening to overrun & conquer it. Israel saw the writing on the wall, kicked the crap out of each of the surrounding armies to preserve the country. Who wouldn't???

Now each off those countries is claiming it's "not fair", etc. They want the land back. Sorry. They signed up for the ass kicking. Hamas has been shooting missles into Israel. Like 1000 is a number I heard tossed out. Like 3/4ths are being intercepted. The rest are hitting Israeli buildings, people, etc. So now the Palestinians are claiming Israel is the problem? Bullshit. Israel needs to pound everything settled by palestinians into sand (They now have enough warning, it's coming, leave or die.) Stop the half hearted attempts at a peace that non of the surrounding countries will support.

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....Chileeeeee's bay back...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MudDawg  
Unread
  (#7)
Ton Up!

November 19, 2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishexpress View Post
What grand children? I thought it was me and you forever?
Awww, you'll always be my Turkish delight.

~Justin

FREE FITZ!!!!

1999 Suzuki SV650
1982 Kawasaki GPz550 : RIP 4/16/09
1971 Honda CB450 : SOLD!
Unread
  (#8)
no one's blowing up moons

November 19, 2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudDawg View Post
Look up the 6 days war. Unfortunately wikipedia has gone politically correct in it's version. Basically every country surrounding Israel was massed on it's border and threatening to overrun & conquer it. Israel saw the writing on the wall, kicked the crap out of each of the surrounding armies to preserve the country. Who wouldn't???

Now each off those countries is claiming it's "not fair", etc. They want the land back. Sorry. They signed up for the ass kicking. Hamas has been shooting missles into Israel. Like 1000 is a number I heard tossed out. Like 3/4ths are being intercepted. The rest are hitting Israeli buildings, people, etc. So now the Palestinians are claiming Israel is the problem? Bullshit. Israel needs to pound everything settled by palestinians into sand (They now have enough warning, it's coming, leave or die.) Stop the half hearted attempts at a peace that non of the surrounding countries will support.
I thought this thread was about hoping for peace but I guess now it's about having a local 6-day war, verbal version.

Physics always wins

. . . . so get that helmet cam! . . . . . . Because the D-K Effect is an STD .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider View Post
This is what happens when weak minded adults allow children to make decisions. You get stupid shit like this.
unintentional accidental

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I am socially disabled so some things do need to be explained to me.

2013 Suzuki TU250XL3
2010 Triumph Bonneville - I love that fucking bike . . . . Om nom nom nom . . .-Fitz
2009 Suzuki TU250XK9 - KBC Sep 2013
2001 Honda Rebel CMX - KBC Mar 2010

http://flexyourrights.org/
Unread
  (#9)
poz top looking 4 neg bot

November 19, 2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Well, this is quite a nice way to close the year out and just before the holidays. Anyone up on taking odds on this most recent uptick of action in this 50 year old conflict (possibly more if you want to get biblical.)

After generations of conflict in this region, I would hope pragmatic peace discussions could take place. The concessions that would need to be made by both nations seem unpalatable but they must each take a bite of a bitter pill if peace is what they truly desire.

Jerusalem most likely would need to be declared a jointly owned city/district, the West Bank borders redrawn and the Jewish encroachment by settlers halted.

Israel on its part would need to curtail the belief that they have the sovereign right to all the land.

Iran would certainly need to be neutralized as a supporting actor before any of this takes place.

The process will be messy and far from elegant, but god I wish it would take place.

horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you
Unread
  (#10)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

November 19, 2012, 10:58 AM

It certainly doesn't help things that the US is constantly trying to play both sides.

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
Unread
  (#11)
Knee Draggin!

November 19, 2012, 11:01 AM

Peace in the Middle East is that kind of hopeless policy goal the Ivy League socilites persue. The famous words of the late Rodney King "Can't we all just get along" Do not apply.
Unread
  (#12)
Your Ad Here

November 19, 2012, 11:09 AM

Not necessarily seeking peace in the Middle East.
Hoping they would at least reach a true and honest mutual cease fire accord. From there they can work on resolutions, or a peace treaty.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#13)
5 yrs till Brood X emerge

November 19, 2012, 11:10 AM

Many of those missiles are made/mfgd by the Iranians.
Unread
  (#14)
On vacation

November 19, 2012, 11:20 AM

100 million pages followed by the lock and threats of the ban hammer. Three useful posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
My wife wants to get LASIK or a boob job

She asked my opinion

I told her I have no vested interest in making her eyesight better
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex View Post
Im not really fast enough to notice a difference between tires. I buy the kind thats black and made out of rubber.
Unread
  (#15)
Your Ad Here

November 19, 2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudDawg View Post

Mud, at this point it is not a matter of who did what and started what when because at this moment there is more than enough blame to go around.
Hamas has been firing rockets indiscriminately. Israel encroaches on more and more land and refuses to recognize or give Palestine statehood. Hamas fires more rockets. Rinse, repeat.

It is a nasty and ultimately self defeating feedback loop.

If Israel were to initiate a ground war and pound Palestine into the sand, do you believe Iran, Lebanon, and possibly Syria would stand around and watch. It would be a Muslim Brotherhood call to arms not seen since antiquity - and that in inexorably would drag America, kicking and screaming, back into the Middle East.