DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 564
4 members and 560 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy, davidcycle, legendindisguise, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Issues at DHS
Unread
  (#1)
Retired to most ...

Issues at DHS - March 6, 2006, 08:37 AM

[HTML]http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/sto...01&flok=NW_3-T

Interesting!

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#2)
B
It goes to 11.

March 6, 2006, 08:52 AM

Take a guess what my job is... and you think DHS is clueless ... this is every government installation excluding Langley.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#3)
Retired to most ...

March 6, 2006, 09:01 AM

I've got a couple questions on this.

1) Why are our goverment agencies letting this happen? We secure everything else air tight and let our important agencies be policed like this? Makes no sense to me.

2) Why are they useing companies like Wackenhut? This is the same comapny that patrols shopping centers and private lots and get bested by 15 year old kids who wanna skateboard. You would think agencies like DHS would use either their own security forces or use a much better trained company. Are there not security agencies with special training to handle a job such as DHS???

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
Unread
  (#4)
K-K
Shut yo damn snack chute

March 6, 2006, 09:33 AM

This does sound kinda weird....I mean, I work for Department of Interior/USGS and even we hire our own security force and they are even ARMED. So it seems funny to me that this is happening at DHS.

- If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to K-K  
Unread
  (#5)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!

March 6, 2006, 09:40 AM

The guards are armed

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#6)
B
It goes to 11.

March 6, 2006, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySpeed954
I've got a couple questions on this.

1) Why are our goverment agencies letting this happen? We secure everything else air tight and let our important agencies be policed like this? Makes no sense to me.

2) Why are they useing companies like Wackenhut? This is the same comapny that patrols shopping centers and private lots and get bested by 15 year old kids who wanna skateboard. You would think agencies like DHS would use either their own security forces or use a much better trained company. Are there not security agencies with special training to handle a job such as DHS???
Air tight!!!???!!! sure... do you know that most people don't even know what to do in case of a fire? Risk assesment says that more than likely any "terror" attack is going to be a chemical or biological agent anyway, they are easier to get ahold of or transport than a bomb or nuclear agent... physical security wont mean much then will it? And there wont be much anyone can do either.

Gist - You're fucked in most cases of likely terrorist attack. There's nothing anyone can do about the most likely threats but apply security somewhere else. For instance track known terrorists, see who they talk too, try and stop them BEFORE they are able to set a bomb off. For the most part, contigency plans dealing with the after-effects of an attack are simply not very effective, and the damage will already be done... enjoy your Monday

Likely targets are going to be mass transit (like in Brittan), airports, and government installations in major cities, namely DC and Newport News.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Unread
  (#7)
Retired to most ...

March 6, 2006, 09:48 AM

I feel the need to get Ben one of those sandwich boards that says "THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END".

I'll agree with the fact there isn't much that can be done after the fact but it still stands to reason that they could do a better job to stop a possible attack instead of making it so damn easy. "Hmmmm, an envelope full of powder .. well the mail isn't in it so fuck it ... lets walk it across the office and dump it out a window" Fuckin genus right there!!

Unread
  (#8)
Retired to most ...

March 6, 2006, 09:50 AM

Unread
  (#9)

March 6, 2006, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixrben
Air tight!!!???!!! sure... do you know that most people don't even know what to do in case of a fire? Risk assesment says that more than likely any "terror" attack is going to be a chemical or biological agent anyway, they are easier to get ahold of or transport than a bomb or nuclear agent... physical security wont mean much then will it? And there wont be much anyone can do either.

Gist - You're fucked in most cases of likely terrorist attack. There's nothing anyone can do about the most likely threats but apply security somewhere else. For instance track known terrorists, see who they talk too, try and stop them BEFORE they are able to set a bomb off. For the most part, contigency plans dealing with the after-effects of an attack are simply not very effective, and the damage will already be done... enjoy your Monday

Likely targets are going to be mass transit (like in Brittan), airports, and government installations in major cities, namely DC and Newport News.
Where is your desk over here? I want to walk over to your desk and hand you a few things.

When I got to work this morning that article is right.. a car blew by the gate and they threw wadded up paper balls at it and made hand gestures.

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#10)
B
It goes to 11.

March 6, 2006, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Where is your desk over here? I want to walk over to your desk and hand you a few things.
Ehhh?

Yea security is a mess, but apparently not everywhere, cause no one can seem to get close enough to create a situation. So I'll raise my glass for "until they do".

SV650s for SALE!!!

Unread
  (#11)

March 6, 2006, 10:00 AM

Just saying your Gist statement was a good one.

You can deter but you can't COMPLETELY make somewhere secure.

Unread
  (#12)
B
It goes to 11.

March 6, 2006, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Just saying your Gist statement was a good one.

You can deter but you can't COMPLETELY make somewhere secure.
Yup. That's dead on.

SV650s for SALE!!!

Unread
  (#13)
Will ride for food

March 6, 2006, 10:24 AM

The resone many pick wachenhut is because there cheep, and most of them are just for show, i know, i work for them, the training is bogus. Most guys/gals i work with would not stop an old man stealing a PC. if their life depended on it lol. But again, its cheeper for company to hire us and meet the standards.

Guts and Glory
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to maxim03 Send a message via Yahoo to maxim03  
Unread
  (#14)
B
It goes to 11.

March 6, 2006, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxim03
The resone many pick wachenhut is because there cheep, and most of them are just for show, i know, i work for them, the training is bogus. Most guys/gals i work with would not stop an old man stealing a PC. if their life depended on it lol. But again, its cheeper for company to hire us and meet the standards.
From the horses mouth (in more ways than one), the security contractors are sub-par... that much has been made MORE than obvious.

SV650s for SALE!!!

Unread
  (#15)
Will ride for food

March 7, 2006, 07:07 AM

are you calling me a hores???? lol

Guts and Glory
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to maxim03 Send a message via Yahoo to maxim03