DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 545
0 members and 545 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
ITunes help needed
Unread
  (#1)
Give me the Ban Button!

ITunes help needed - April 8, 2009, 07:41 AM

Let me start off by saying Itunes sucks! I bought the music and now I can not use it on anything but there over priced mp3 player.

A very nice person bought me a new MP3 player last night. It is much better than the 2 gig nano I have now. The problem comes in when I want to put the songs I have in Itunes onto this new MP3 player. I have done some research and know that it can be done. I however am having problems doing it. I downloaded some CD emulators and can not seem to get them to work. Im sure they work and I am just not doing something right. Plus I do not want to loose all the song tags when I switch them from M4P to MP3.

Can anybody help point me in the right direction to get this done? I am not the most computer savy person either.

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

April 8, 2009, 07:54 AM

Cuz if you downloaded the songs from iTunes it's in AAC format and not MP3. AAC is more compressed. Try using Real Player.

And try this.

http://askbobrankin.com/convert_itun...p3_format.html

Tony

'12 Ducati Streetfighter 848
'08 Ducati Hypermotard

Bam Bam #47 9.11.09
Jeff Vega 10.06.09
Totnac 4.30.14
forever... Ride on my brothers
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to RacerX2050 Send a message via MSN to RacerX2050  
Unread
  (#3)
Derpentine Dealer

April 8, 2009, 08:02 AM

I've been disappointed with the Apple's iTunes Store. I bought an album last year that had two songs that were messed up and shot through with a bunch of skips and cuts. I wrote to them, and they gave me one free song credit. I tried explaining that there were in fact two songs that were jacked, and they didn't even respond. Then another time I bought an album, I heard a skip in the first song within the first few seconds, plain as day. I wrote and they responded that they didn't find any problem. The iTunes customer service is terrible.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
TPG og

April 8, 2009, 08:12 AM

Try Songbird, its from the same people that make Firefox. www.songbird.com Ipod support plus a bunch of plugins, I ditched Itunes a long time ago. As far as putting songs onto your new player, whats the problem? Are you trying to load the Ipods contents onto your comp to load onto your new player?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#5)
Say Jur Oh

April 8, 2009, 08:30 AM

I always used Winamp
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Seijirou  
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

April 8, 2009, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00STZX3 View Post
Try Songbird, its from the same people that make Firefox. www.songbird.com Ipod support plus a bunch of plugins, I ditched Itunes a long time ago. As far as putting songs onto your new player, whats the problem? Are you trying to load the Ipods contents onto your comp to load onto your new player?

that songbird site is not for music.

edit: i think you meant this http://www.getsongbird.com/

Tony

'12 Ducati Streetfighter 848
'08 Ducati Hypermotard

Bam Bam #47 9.11.09
Jeff Vega 10.06.09
Totnac 4.30.14
forever... Ride on my brothers

Last edited by RacerX2050; April 8, 2009 at 08:37 AM..
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to RacerX2050 Send a message via MSN to RacerX2050  
Unread
  (#7)
Give me the Ban Button!

April 8, 2009, 08:37 AM

all my songs are in itunes and i cant get them onto my new mp3 player. I will try some this new stuff out tonight.

MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#8)
TPG og

April 8, 2009, 08:50 AM

Oh, my bad. I don't have my bookmarks at work, should've googled.

You can't get them out of itunes? I might not be right but I can tell you how to get the songs off of the ipod and onto your computer. Go to my computer, open up the ipod ("explore"). Then enable seeing hidden files from the view tab up top, music should be under "ipod control" in the music folder. Theres an easier way, get Sharepod from here http://www.getsharepod.com <----This will suck your music from your ipod and put it on your comp. From there I think there are programs to kill the DRM if your files even have DRM, can't think of the name though.
Unread
  (#9)
SMB
sans motor bike

April 8, 2009, 09:04 AM

typically, my doc>my music> there is a folder for itunes> you library....

you can drop drag that actual song since your non-ipod won't sync with itunes.....

I dip my chicken strips in Chik-fil-a sauce
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
Tough guy

April 8, 2009, 09:06 AM

amazon has been working fine! they run a lot of .99 cent album specials too.
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CamDLux Send a message via MSN to CamDLux Send a message via Skype™ to CamDLux 
Unread
  (#11)
Republicans for Voldemort

April 8, 2009, 10:00 AM

I hate itunes - I use floola which is allot easier to manage...

To get your music on the new player - you have a few choices - you can use something like tuneclone http://www.tuneclone.com/m4p-convert...p3_player.html to try and get around it.. Programs like this have about 85% reliability rate... Then once you have a few songs left over - burn them into cd format and use a ripper to pull em off in standard MP3 format.. IF you have cdrw disks - you can do it over and over again - etc

I am a big believer in IDUMP - which allows you to pull music off an IPOD without worring bout which devices are registered - but I use it to swap music between IPOD's I don't know if coverts the AAC format or not...

-Jason
DAMN Rider DAMN Rider

Maybe you have to be messed up... before you can step up!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hondahawkrider Send a message via AIM to hondahawkrider  
Unread
  (#12)
Site Owner

April 8, 2009, 10:04 AM

converting the AAC/M4A/MP4 into MP3 is easy.... however if the iTunes tracks have DRM, you cannot do it. iTunes is supposedly going all DRM free, but I don't know if thats the case yet.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#13)
Give me the Ban Button!

April 8, 2009, 10:10 AM

Thanx for all the help guys!!! I try all this stuff tonight and see what I can do.

Unread
  (#14)
Give me the Ban Button!

April 8, 2009, 04:38 PM

THANK YOU!!!! Songbird for the win!!! Fuck you apple

Unread
  (#15)
TPG og

April 8, 2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbs View Post
THANK YOU!!!! Songbird for the win!!! Fuck you apple
Hell yeah songbirds tight. Get some addons for it to, I got one where it tells me if someone I'm listening to is on tour and where they're gonna playing.