DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 535
5 members and 530 guests
2blueyam, Diggy, GRN96WS6, nootherids, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Junk Yards
Unread
  (#1)
Chasing the dragon

Junk Yards - October 8, 2013, 02:53 PM

Has anyone had any success at Crazy Ray's on car parts under 10 years old? Any other junk yards that have someone at the front desk that has an ounce of phone skill? Brandywine has always failed me, including this time.

Looking for something that should be a quick pull (right on top of the motor, palm size) off of a 2.3L duratec engine, a commonly used 4 banger found in a lot of Ford's, Mazda's, and other stakeholder clones from the 03-~10 period, to shut up some emissions subsystem.

More gas, less brake
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Mojito Anyone?

October 8, 2013, 03:01 PM

can you just jump it or use a fouler? for whatever you are trying to do...

and theres a junk yard out in the middle of nowhere dumfries thats a pick your own part and they have a good selection in there..

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#3)
Chasing the dragon

October 8, 2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onel0wcubn View Post
can you just jump it or use a fouler? for whatever you are trying to do...

and theres a junk yard out in the middle of nowhere dumfries thats a pick your own part and they have a good selection in there..
Tried. No go. It's some kind of vacuum solenoid that cost a pretty penny for what it is new...

And I need 2.

Dumfries. Damn. That's a ways from me....

More gas, less brake
Unread
  (#4)
Your Ad Here

October 8, 2013, 03:32 PM

You need to understand, Brandywine, the counter workers only care about major components and core parts.

If you call them about the small witchy thingy that controls the whosawhatzit, they're not going to help you.

I go to Brandywine with my tool box. I tell the one of the greasy counter workers I'm going to look for a part that they probably would never inventory.

They give me the nod and I'm off into the lot. Bring water and a mat to lay on broken glass and oil.

Go forth with your quest, my son.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
AMA Superbike Champ

October 8, 2013, 04:36 PM

I live minutes away from the Jessup CrazyRays and go there often. As you mentioned, anything newer than 10 years old is mostly a crap shoot, but occasionally some show up. You just have to be quick because people strip them FAST!!

As for your Ford, that shouldn't be too much of a problem finding. Fords tends to fill up quick, older ones and slightly newer ones.

BTW, CrazyRays has 4 locations now. If you dont' mind driving and paying some tolls, it's worth checking them out.