DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 592
5 members and 587 guests
2blueyam, beatle, cicirich, tonetone, Triple X
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
This just chaps my $#*! The "BONUS" card vent!
Unread
  (#1)
BE ENCOURAGED!

This just chaps my $#*! The "BONUS" card vent! - July 6, 2009, 01:58 PM

So I go into Bloom to buy some fruit. They have cherries on sale for $1.99 a bag, which according them is $6.69 a bag discount. So I grab a few other items and head to the check-out. So I get up and wait in line until it is my turn. The cashier grabs my stuff and says "Do you have a Bloom Breeze Card"? I told her I did not and she was quick to point out that I need to get one or I won't get the savings!!

Now friends this is where the problem begins.

I told her "Ma'am" I don't want one. You guys usually just scan the one you have up here" and she scolds me "We can't do that anymore!!"

So I explained Well the way I see it I don't need to be profiled to buy produce, so i guess I pay full price"

She asked how that was profiling and I explained that they want my personal information to give me a fair price and frankly who I am or what I am buying is frankly none of their business. I further stated that I would rather pay full price.

Well she gets very defensive and says "We don't really ask for all that much!!"

At this point I am irritated and say "Look you may have voted Obama in, but i don't have to participate in this government sponsored profilng your store is doing" Then I reach my forearm out and ask her is she wants to tattoo 666 on my forearm next?

You would have thought I shot her dog. She got very angry, but then says "FINE!" Pulls a "Bloom Breeze" card out of her pocket and scans it and *beep* I get my savings.

No what is it with these stores? They aren't really giving you a discount. they artificially inflate the stuff so they can make it go down, but yet they mark it with the "Bonus Card" price on the shelves so it looks like a great deal!

I mean I can understand signing up for a "Rewards" program if you want points towards prizes, or to donate money to schools, etc. But I am not into all that stuff. I just want to go in and buy my stuff at a good price and keep my constitutional right to privacy. Is this to much to ask?

I mean all the stores do this now. Even stores like Petco & Staples. It has nothing to do with gifts or prizes. It is profiling plain and simple and we freely allow it? We get all kinds of mad when the government tries to do this, but we let retailers do it all the time. Why?

Oh sure, they have a privacy statement that promises never to sell your info or give it out. Well I got news for you folks. Your name and info has value. If that company ever files bankruptcy that list of names and addresses with phone numbers becomes a valuable asset that a judge can ordered sold to the highest bidder to help raise money to pay the creditors. It has happened lots of times.

Also do you really trust the people in the back office that collect all this info? Who knows what they do with it all. maybe use your name, address & Phone number with a stolen SSN to obtain credit? I'm just asking?

All this to buy your groceries? To me it just isn't worth it. Oh sure maybe I am just Grumpy and paranoid. Not like the government would ever take over financial institutions or major corporations right? Yeah Yeah I know. if somebody wants my info that bad they can get it, but I don't have to help. I still value the Bill of Rights Do you?

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?

Last edited by GUZZ; July 6, 2009 at 02:06 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#2)
Site Owner

July 6, 2009, 02:00 PM

Good rant, I feel the same way.

That's why I sign up with fake information at all those stupid grocery stores.

Rob Killington from 123 Fake St has some tremendous logs of grocery information nowadays!

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#3)
Out of Action

July 6, 2009, 02:03 PM

Phil McCrevice FTW

*sigh*
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to SLOride  
Unread
  (#4)
Spike

July 6, 2009, 02:12 PM

This is why we love the Guzzness. He tells it like it is no matter who thinks he's crazy!

GUZZ FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!

RIP Greg Walker, I will never forget you

If everybody thought before they spoke, the silence would be deafening
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#5)
MSF Student

July 6, 2009, 02:13 PM

Next time just type in a phone number and you still get the discount even if you don't have the card. I figured that out by mistake. I never filled out any card to get the card and on a whim I said I have the card but not on me can I use my phone # and she said yes, I put in a bogus # and it worked...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to areuriding  
Unread
  (#6)
TPG

July 6, 2009, 02:15 PM

I'm doubting that the cashier had anything to do with creating the bonus card program so freaking out on her probbaly wasn't needed or helpful, otherwise I agrees
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
BE ENCOURAGED!

July 6, 2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrownw View Post
I'm doubting that the cashier had anything to do with creating the bonus card program so freaking out on her probbaly wasn't needed or helpful, otherwise I agrees
Just for clarification, she snapped on me first. Honestly you would have thought I had robbed a bank or something the way she acted when I told her I didn't want one. I do not walk around looking for a fight, but I have my limits. When I said "No" it should have been the end of it. I don't appreciate "Bulla Ballbreaker" telling me I need a "Breeze Card". And just what kind of faggy name is that anyways?

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#8)
Say Jur Oh

July 6, 2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUZZLER View Post
Just for clarification, she snapped on me first. Honestly you would have thought I had robbed a bank or something the way she acted when I told her I didn't want one. I do not walk around looking for a fight, but I have my limits. When I said "No" it should have been the end of it. I don't appreciate "Bulla Ballbreaker" telling me I need a "Breeze Card". And just what kind of faggy name is that anyways?
That is a very faggy name.

To answer your first question, I honestly think most people have no clue that it's profiling. You'd have to run a pretty impressive educational advertisement campaign to wake up the public. And, you'd only wake them up to that 1 very small topic. Furthermore it would be a brief awakening, as the businesses would derive some new different way to profile that would not be recognized as the same thing except by those few who have their heads dialed in.

Personally, I blame the educational system, public and private. At some point we stopped educating our next generations on how to think, and only started telling them *what* to think. Now there's an awful large population of educated idiots that can parrot loads of facts at you, but can't think for themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
I'm not saying this site has a bunch of gay dudes on it but a few of you definitely lack a bumpstop on the sexuality gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
Here is my anus! Deliver thy penis unto it!

Greg "BamBam" Walker
September 11th 2009
You are missed
Godspeed

Last edited by Seijirou; July 6, 2009 at 02:29 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Seijirou  
Unread
  (#9)
Someone fix my car

July 6, 2009, 02:27 PM

The only ones I really use are Harris Teeter and CVS who DO in fact give you free shiz. Usually some nice coupons on CVS ($5 off your next purchase of $30 or more...) and HT gives away free coolers, camping gear, gas cards! Pretty good schwag. Otherwise, I agree.
Unread
  (#10)
T.R.I.T.D.H

July 6, 2009, 02:29 PM

It's free marketing for them.

They just want feedback on who is buying what and how much of what they're buying.

Make a fake card know the phone number end of problem.

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#11)
Groping is a skill...

July 6, 2009, 02:34 PM

I don't get what this has to do with the Government? The Government already has all the info that they need on you or could get it if they really needed it. Hell you go through life supporting a SS number which is assigned to you since birth/naturalization. I would say blame the private sector for trying to capture as much information as possible.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#12)
Popplers!

July 6, 2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishexpress View Post
I don't get what this has to do with the Government? The Government already has all the info that they need on you or could get it if they really needed it. Hell you go through life supporting a SS number which is assigned to you since birth/naturalization. I would say blame the private sector for trying to capture as much information as possible.
Almost this.
Unread
  (#13)
Playing with toys

July 6, 2009, 02:58 PM

I can picture you doing that too with the hand gesture motioning you scribing the tat on your arm

Pretty wack that she expected you to surrender your info without giving it a second thought.

999-999-9999

All your data are belong to us!!!

PSN - nate1213

RIP Storm May 29, 2009
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to N8RIDER  
Unread
  (#14)
TPG og

July 6, 2009, 03:00 PM

Guzz needs some Lifelock stat. Nothing in life is ever free unless you find it on Craigslist or the side of the road!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#15)
Playing with toys

July 6, 2009, 03:02 PM

On a serious note, if they can track all the data why the fuck do they keep running out of shit. Especially if it's on sale. I'm not a fan of gocery shopping either way ya slice it.

PSN - nate1213

RIP Storm May 29, 2009
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to N8RIDER