DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 198
1 members and 197 guests
tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Just found a new gun...
Unread
  (#1)
Bling Blang Blaow

Just found a new gun... - June 30, 2010, 01:57 AM

I was bored and browsing online and now I want this...

Taurus Judge

Check out the shot pattern when he shoots throught the window!

2003 Honda VTX 1800R - Modded to the MAX
2005 Ducati M800 - RIP

'You live more in 5 minutes on a motorcycle than most people do in life time' --Burt Munro

RIP Wayne Thomas (AKA Godson) ...ride on my brother, ride on.

CheapMotorcycleDeals.com - My blog where I search for the best deals on Motorcycles for sale in the DC Metro Area (Updated daily).
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Agitator

June 30, 2010, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benlt1000
I was bored and browsing online and now I want this...

Taurus Judge

Check out the shot pattern when he shoots throught the window!
I saw a pretty good review on this and the results were uninpressive...a .410 with a short barrel doesn't have alot of stopping power, and good luck finding 45 long colt ammo in quantity.

Marc
CCS Amateur #851
2001 Ducati 850RS
2006 SV650 Racebike
2010 CBR1000RR

...and because sometimes you want to go fast, but need 4 wheels:
2009 Nissan GT-R
2003 Nissan 350Z (for sale, $11k OBO)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to birdman  
Unread
  (#3)
Meh

June 30, 2010, 06:03 AM

As Bird mentioned...ballistics are poor.

It is more of a prop piece than a good weapon. There are much better options out there.
Unread
  (#4)
RIP Jeff Vega

June 30, 2010, 06:56 AM

Shooting the 3" shell helps the ballastics become more effective. Don't buy unless it's a magnum or shoots 3".

I think it's a great home defenese gun. First round .45, 2nd and 3rd .410, and then .45 for the rest.
Unread
  (#5)
Its me bytches..

June 30, 2010, 07:53 AM

Agreed with Birdman and Hatch.. more of prop.

If you are looking for a good defensive home gun there are much better, more proven options..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Daekwan Send a message via AIM to Daekwan  
Unread
  (#6)
Agitator

June 30, 2010, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan
Agreed with Birdman and Hatch.. more of prop.

If you are looking for a good defensive home gun there are much better, more proven options..
Like a good, normal revolver, or a 12ga.

The problem with this is the 410 (and all shotguns) is a low pressure round, so a short barrel really compromises the velocity (you get less energy AND projectile weight with a 410 slug than a 40sw pistol, I think most of the slugs are less than 150gr), and the 45 long colt is also a compromise cartridge...if you want a revolver, get a good 38 or 357, if you want a shotgun, get a 12ga...I don't like this peanut-butter-cup gun stuff.

Marc
CCS Amateur #851
2001 Ducati 850RS
2006 SV650 Racebike
2010 CBR1000RR

...and because sometimes you want to go fast, but need 4 wheels:
2009 Nissan GT-R
2003 Nissan 350Z (for sale, $11k OBO)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to birdman  
Unread
  (#7)
Its me bytches..

June 30, 2010, 08:25 AM

Yep. My recommendations for a 'good' home gun:

1) .357 revolver (shoots .38 or .357)
2) 12ga with 18" barrel
3) Glock (either fullsize or compact: Model 17,19,22 or 23)

Theres nothing wrong with the Taurus Judge.. and Im sure it would be lethal at extremely short distances. But the problem with that mentality is almost any firearm would. Even if you are use that mentality.. the above recommendations bring alot more firepower to the table and have proven themselves over and over in home defense, law enforcement and combat. I cant think of any LE or military organization that uses the Judge.. or would recommend the Judge above those 3 options.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Daekwan Send a message via AIM to Daekwan  
Unread
  (#8)
Snow Whore

June 30, 2010, 08:33 AM

Best Home gun = 12 gauge. You can get creative and even put bean bag rounds in the first shell then load other rounds after that, if you are worried about getting blood on your floors. The sound of a shotgun racking in a round is universal and translates to any language as well.

That said, my grab is a Glock 21 SF with an M6X loaded with rounds designed to break up once they hit dry wall (dont need to travel past my house).
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to dblrr900  
Unread
  (#9)
Railing!

June 30, 2010, 08:58 AM

For home defense, I also agree with a 12 gauge shotgun. Just my 2 cents.
Unread
  (#10)
Its me bytches..

June 30, 2010, 09:21 AM

I've probably had this conversation a million times. And while I agree a shotgun is more effective at longer ranges. There is simply nothing more idiot proof than a good revolver.

I've thought about it and if for some reason I wasnt around or incapable.. could one of my friends, loved ones or family members defend me or themselves? Would they be able to load, operate and maneuver with a long barrel shotgun? Especially in a smaller house? Understress? What about the recoil? What about your wife? your kids? Could they effectively operate a shotgun if you werent around or incapable.

Or if they (or even myself) were trying to avoid a fight and hope 911 gets help asap.. and were hiding in a closet or under the bed or some other cramped place. Could they do that with a shotgun?

I would not have those worries with a revolver.

Last edited by Daekwan; June 30, 2010 at 09:31 AM..
Unread
  (#11)
Knarly Adventurer

June 30, 2010, 09:30 AM

After increasing popularity of the Judge, Taurus just realeased the
Circuit Judge...

Everytime you cook up...a little boy gets crushed by a bridge. -JTG40cal

2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC
2009 Scrambler SOLD
2007 ZX14 SOLD
2005 R1 SOLD
1999 ZRX SOLD
1996 FZR SOLD
Unread
  (#12)
Bling Blang Blaow

June 30, 2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post
Yep. My recommendations for a 'good' home gun:

1) .357 revolver (shoots .38 or .357)
2) 12ga with 18" barrel
3) Glock (either fullsize or compact: Model 17,19,22 or 23)

Theres nothing wrong with the Taurus Judge.. and Im sure it would be lethal at extremely short distances. But the problem with that mentality is almost any firearm would. Even if you are use that mentality.. the above recommendations bring alot more firepower to the table and have proven themselves over and over in home defense, law enforcement and combat. I cant think of any LE or military organization that uses the Judge.. or would recommend the Judge above those 3 options.
Very good point! I didn't think about the fact that at short distances, most rounds are lethal. I just liked the idea of a pistol shotgun, the manuverability of a pistol with the close-your-eyes n point and capability of a shotgun

2003 Honda VTX 1800R - Modded to the MAX
2005 Ducati M800 - RIP

'You live more in 5 minutes on a motorcycle than most people do in life time' --Burt Munro

RIP Wayne Thomas (AKA Godson) ...ride on my brother, ride on.

CheapMotorcycleDeals.com - My blog where I search for the best deals on Motorcycles for sale in the DC Metro Area (Updated daily).
Unread
  (#13)
Railing!

June 30, 2010, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post
I've probably had this conversation a million times. And while I agree a shotgun is more effective at longer ranges. There is simply nothing more idiot proof than a good revolver.

I've thought about it and if for some reason I wasnt around or incapable.. could one of my friends, loved ones or family members defend me or themselves? Would they be able to load, operate and maneuver with a long barrel shotgun? Especially in a smaller house? Understress? What about the recoil? What about your wife? your kids? Could they effectively operate a shotgun if you werent around or incapable.

Or if they (or even myself) were trying to avoid a fight and hope 911 gets help asap.. and were hiding in a closet or under the bed or some other cramped place. Could they do that with a shotgun?

I would not have those worries with a revolver.
Point taken
Unread
  (#14)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

June 30, 2010, 09:32 AM

Nobody tries to car-jack the driver from the passenger side...I mean unless you need him/her to drive you somewhere (only in the movies) why bother with the passenger side.

If i'm about to jack someone, ever car jacker knows to walk up on the drivers side in the blind spot and give him a head shot first to stun him then get him out the car.

You would have to know its coming to defend or pull the gun out.

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#15)
Its me bytches..

June 30, 2010, 09:33 AM

That has prop/snake/varmint gun written all over it.. feels like Im watching For a Few Dollars More or something..