DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 519
0 members and 519 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Just when you thought they took the coke, out of Coke!
Unread
  (#1)
Face Down @$$ UP

Talking Just when you thought they took the coke, out of Coke! - September 22, 2006, 06:27 AM

Anti-drug campaigners today attacked the makers of a soft drink who have called their product cocaine.
The high-energy drink is being billed as a "legal alternative" to the class A drug, using a massive hit of caffeine instead of cocaine.
Its maker claims the title is "a bit of fun" but critics slammed the technique as a cynical ploy which could tempt young people into using drugs.
The drink's inventor, Jamie Kirby, said: "It's an energy drink, and it's a fun name. As soon as people look at the can, they smile."
He claims Cocaine is "350 percent stronger than Red Bull" but that people do not experience the "sugar crash" or jitters that he says some of the other energy drinks can produce.
But David Raynes, of the UK National Drug Prevention Alliance, said: "It is people exploiting drugs. It is a pretty cynical tactic exploiting illegal drugs for their own benefit."
Las Vegas-based drinks company Redux Beverages is producing the drink which contains 280 milligrams of caffeine. According to the company's website, the only way to get more caffeine per ounce is with an espresso.
Mr Raynes added: "The fact is that subliminally, it is making the image of drug use cool and that's what kids what to be, cool.
"Kids will be drinking Cocaine and will inevitably link the two. The drink is relatively innocuous, but they will be linking it with cocaine use and the market, which is far from innocuous."
Dr Charles O'Brien, a professor and vice chairman of psychiatry at the University of Pennsylvania, said: "It's just a bad idea and has all the same downsides of too much caffeine plus a very bad name." The company has received inquiries about selling Cocaine in Britain and throughout Europe. At the moment it is being sold only in the Los Angeles and New York metropolitan areas - mainly to teenagers.

The controversial caffeine drink

"If brains were gas. You wouldnt have enough gas, to drive a piss-ants' motorcycle, half-way around a BB."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to WvGoDFather Send a message via MSN to WvGoDFather  
Unread
  (#2)
Kat
Finally got a garage!

September 22, 2006, 06:49 AM

It's a drink, people. Admittedly, teenagers aren't the smartest demographic. They might think cocaine, the illegal drug, is common and cool because an energy drink by the same name is being marketed, but the smarter ones might recognize the energy drink as a potent drug and worthy of being avoided, also. I think this could work both ways.

**Sara**
"She wont be so fuckable covered in road rash." -boomchic00

"The whore force is strong in this one."
Kevers

BamBam, I miss you more than words can say.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

September 22, 2006, 08:23 AM

I want some! I want to sell some on the corner (and take pictures!)
Unread
  (#4)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!

September 22, 2006, 08:47 AM

350 percent more than red bull? Wow!!

I wanna try it to see what happens!!

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

September 22, 2006, 09:08 AM

I want to take it a police station and sell one to a cop. I want video or picture evidence of me selling cocaine to a cop in a police station and getting away with it
Unread
  (#6)
Meh

September 22, 2006, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
350 percent more than red bull? Wow!!

I wanna try it to see what happens!!
Red Bull doesn't really have that much caffeine. I think about 80mgs (ie one cup of coffee). It is the other stuff like the niacin, gluculorolactone (sp?) and other B-vitamins that really help get you wired. Niacin also contributes to that feeling of warmth or flushed skin that people get.

No-Doz/Vivarin or other over the counter stimmulants have about 200mgs per tab so a Red Bull and a caffeine tab would put you right on the money.

I used to take caffeine tablets before work outs and they are pretty tolerable. They will get you pepped up but they don't make me as jittery as Red Bull does for whatever reason.