DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 565
4 members and 561 guests
beatle, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, davidcycle, nootherids
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Railing!

September 8, 2005, 11:37 AM

Damn ... Kanye was a little upset.

http://www.killsometime.com/video/vi...ane-Kanye-West

"A true champion takes the best from all influences, discards the useless - and forms an arsenal a pure practitioner cannot (without luck) overcome" -- Bruce Lee
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Cipher  
Unread
  (#2)
A girl must have her toys

September 8, 2005, 11:49 AM

Darn... does anyone have the clip where Barbara Bush makes her little racist remark on Larry King?

Danette a/k/a "Dee"-"Poyita"-"La Motora"
T.W.A.T. - GI Jane T.W.A.T.
Meritorious W.A.R.P. Member
99' Cougar
03' 600RR (For Sale)
04' RX8 (For Sale)
08' Dodge Caliber SRT4 Turbo
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to POYITA Send a message via AIM to POYITA  
Unread
  (#3)
Railing!

September 8, 2005, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POYITA
Darn... does anyone have the clip where Barbara Bush makes her little racist remark on Larry King?
Da hell did she say?

"A true champion takes the best from all influences, discards the useless - and forms an arsenal a pure practitioner cannot (without luck) overcome" -- Bruce Lee
Unread
  (#4)
B
It goes to 11.

September 8, 2005, 12:08 PM

He has a right to express his opinion like anyone else. No matter how based on fact or not it might be.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#5)
GP Racer

September 8, 2005, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixrben
He has a right to express his opinion like anyone else. No matter how based on fact or not it might be.
There is a time and a place for him to "express his opinion"

'82 Yamaha Maxim 650 (motorcycle graveyard)
'03 Yamaha R1 Blue (stolen-recovered by Anne Arundel Co. Police)
'05 Yamaha R1 Black (protected by Scorpio)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTJ
Please don't waste my time wishing you could have this bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
I would've punched her in the falopian tube, but I just chucked her purse.

http://www.myspace.com/11550649
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Go Skins!!

September 8, 2005, 12:55 PM

I am glad to see alot of the black community step up to the plate on this one. We have to say something and continue to speak on this matter. As far as Kanye West comments look at the evidence something is missing with this presidents and blacks. Not caring about the black community because they do not effect what you are doing , is worse than being a racist individual. This administration is all about increasing their own wealth and the wealthy people supporting them.

SECOND PLACE IS JUST THE

FIRST LOSER!!!!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
God Made Me Wrong

September 8, 2005, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-1BobbyB
Quote:
That particular forum was not the place to express his opinion about Bush. It was a fundraiser about the people who are in need right now, not one of his concerts where he has free reign.

I just hope his speech didn't discourage people from sending in the money that is so desperately needed right now.

On another note, Mike Meyers and Chris Tucker have the best "OH SH!T" faces.

"Always question those who are certain of what they are saying." - Elie Wiesel

When the time comes to leave, just walk away quietly and don't make any fuss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfinch
Why does SnoopDogg carry an umbrella?...Fo' drizzle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper
Stop putting shit in my papusa!
When people I don't even know don't like me, I figure I'm doing something right.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Bexxx Send a message via AIM to Bexxx  
Unread
  (#8)
B
It goes to 11.

September 8, 2005, 01:27 PM

This is what I said in a similar thread on gixxer.com

I'll tell you what guys. The only way racism will ever end is for people to stand up and ignore it. Rev. Jackson constantly pulling the race card out and flashing it around is NOT doing anything for his cause. Maybe at first when it was true but now the only people who listen are the discontent. People who dislike current policy (like myself) but are unable to look beyond it. People seem to think life owes them something, or the president owes them something, or white/black/pink people owe them something, or the federal gov owes them something.

BULLSHIT. There was no guarantee of happiness in this country, only the right to pursue it. Ending racism won't make you happy like a million dollars won't make you happy, maybe for a little while it would, 'cause it's a change from what you are used to and dislike. That's why people rail against Bush, they want some change cause they think it's better than what they have now.

Someone should kill Jesse Jackson, he is the boy who cried wolf and he is ruining legitimate claims by the black community.

Edit: As an edit to Jesse Jackson appearing in this post he defended kaine

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Unread
  (#9)
Railing!

September 8, 2005, 01:50 PM

Quote:

I'll tell you what guys. The only way racism will ever end is for people to stand up and ignore it. Rev. Jackson constantly pulling the race card out and flashing it around is NOT doing anything for his cause. Maybe at first when it was true but now the only people who listen are the discontent. People who dislike current policy (like myself) but are unable to look beyond it. People seem to think life owes them something, or the president owes them something, or white/black/pink people owe them something, or the federal gov owes them something.

BULLSHIT. There was no guarantee of happiness in this country, only the right to pursue it. Ending racism won't make you happy like a million dollars won't make you happy, maybe for a little while it would, 'cause it's a change from what you are used to and dislike. That's why people rail against Bush, they want some change cause they think it's better than what they have now.

Someone should kill Jesse Jackson, he is the boy who cried wolf and he is ruining legitimate claims by the black community.

Wow! I guess everyone has a right to their opinion. As far as "standing up and ignoring it", I don't agree with that. If my grandmother/father, or great-grandmother/father would have ignored it, there would not have been a Montgomery Bus Boycott that spring-boarded the end of segregation in the South. If they would've ignored it and not force the government to let a little black girl attend an all white school in the '60s we'd be in separate schools today.

To compare ending racism to winning a million dollars is a little extreme. Money is temperal, it won't "keep" you happy because eventually you'd be able to buy everything you wanted and would need something internal to make you happy. Racism is the disenfranchisement of a particular race and the process/ability (to) hold a certain "power" over a race. To think of the many people who've given their lives to lynchings, mobs, humiliation, etc and say if it went away would only secure happiness for a little while (as a million dollars would) is crazy. Tell that to the family of James Byrd who was tied to a car in Texas and dragged to death (he had to turn from side to side because his flesh was being ripped off as he skid accross the pavement). Oh, and that was in the late '90s for those who use the phrase, "It doesn't happen anymore ... that was then".

I do NOT think the race card is applicable in all situations by any means and it should be played ONLY if it applies to the situation. As for the New Orleans situation, I believe it wasn't a race thing so much as it was a class thing. There were both poor blacks and whites that were left. Granted there are more blacks (helluva lot more) because that's the nature of this country. The demographics of each respective city in this nation in respect to African Americans is not one of prosperity.

I definitely don't believe in "hand outs", a person SHOULD work for what they get. It gives a sense of purpose, well being, accomplishment, and pride.

To say that Jesse Jackson should be killed is off the meter as well. Yes, he's considered a "leader" in the black community whether we like him or we don't, he's still a leader. You didn't mention anything like that in regard to Bush and he (and his family) flew the Bin Laden family out of the country after the 9/11 attacks because they were/are in business together.

Unread
  (#10)
B
It goes to 11.

September 8, 2005, 02:03 PM

At this point racism is viewed as wrong and politically incorrect. Constantly using a keyword (racism) to supercharge your opinions diminishes it. Jesse Jackson is like Pat Robertson (another crazy who need to be demoted), they toss up keywords to rile the mindless masses, uniting them under the false pretense of purpose (racism, christianity vs. communism, whatever). The only thing that serves to do is diminish the real issues. You aren't being called "boy", you aren't being refused work, you have many opportunities that even I do not (educational, job related especially in government). Frankly racism isn't as rampant as it used to be. To continue crying these keywords that, many times, have little or nothing to do with the actual issues (the incompetence of our officials in New Orleans) is stupid, ignorant, and silly. Not to discount the seriousness of racism, but be SURE that's what it is if you are going to claim it. Politicians do many things for many reasons, i suspect that racism is probably pretty low on the list.

We should be getting help for the people floating with the only things they have left. Not letting some idiot scream out inflamitory comments that have NOTHING to do with anything. Be realistic.

SV650s for SALE!!!

Unread
  (#11)
B
It goes to 11.

September 8, 2005, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher
Quote:

Wow! I guess everyone has a right to their opinion. As far as "standing up and ignoring it", I don't agree with that. If my grandmother/father, or great-grandmother/father would have ignored it, there would not have been a Montgomery Bus Boycott that spring-boarded the end of segregation in the South. If they would've ignored it and not force the government to let a little black girl attend an all white school in the '60s we'd be in separate schools today.
I am talking about the overuse of what used to be a legitimate claim. In the 60's this would have been a serious issue. Now however you will not find the President getting away with ignoringthe african american community. More to blame is the N.O. mayor who refused federal aid for evacuation (he's black BTW) even after a bouy several miles out recorded an excess of 60' waves before being destroyed.

Quote:
To compare ending racism to winning a million dollars is a little extreme. Money is temperal, it won't "keep" you happy because eventually you'd be able to buy everything you wanted and would need something internal to make you happy. Racism is the disenfranchisement of a particular race and the process/ability (to) hold a certain "power" over a race. To think of the many people who've given their lives to lynchings, mobs, humiliation, etc and say if it went away would only secure happiness for a little while (as a million dollars would) is crazy. Tell that to the family of James Byrd who was tied to a car in Texas and dragged to death (he had to turn from side to side because his flesh was being ripped off as he skid accross the pavement). Oh, and that was in the late '90s for those who use the phrase, "It doesn't happen anymore ... that was then".
The allusion to happeiness in ending racism and winning a million bucks is that people think they will achievesome plateu of happiness. Ending racism is a pipe dream. All you can do is decrease it's effects. There will always be racism, it's the same general feeling that spawns a protective nature for your family over your friends or your friends over a stranger. It needs to be reasonable and kept in check.

Quote:
I do NOT think the race card is applicable in all situations by any means and it should be played ONLY if it applies to the situation. As for the New Orleans situation, I believe it wasn't a race thing so much as it was a class thing. There were both poor blacks and whites that were left. Granted there are more blacks (helluva lot more) because that's the nature of this country. The demographics of each respective city in this nation in respect to African Americans is not one of prosperity.

I definitely don't believe in "hand outs", a person SHOULD work for what they get. It gives a sense of purpose, well being, accomplishment, and pride.
Well said here I agree with all of this

Quote:
To say that Jesse Jackson should be killed is off the meter as well. Yes, he's considered a "leader" in the black community whether we like him or we don't, he's still a leader. You didn't mention anything like that in regard to Bush and he (and his family) flew the Bin Laden family out of the country after the 9/11 attacks because they were/are in business together.
You don't know what the fuck I mentioned when Bush flew his cronies out do you? I have, however, heard more than one person say Bush should be shot, and though most were not litterally meaning it (it's figurative language to impose feeling in what you are saying) some did. I do not want Jesse Jackson dead, I do want him exposed as a fraud. Touting around riding on the backs of the unfortunate to get a headline.

End.

SV650s for SALE!!!

Unread
  (#12)
rdg
best avatar in the biz

September 8, 2005, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h100rr
I am glad to see alot of the black community step up to the plate on this one. We have to say something and continue to speak on this matter. As far as Kanye West comments look at the evidence something is missing with this presidents and blacks. Not caring about the black community because they do not effect what you are doing , is worse than being a racist individual.
I personally would like more proof that Bush hates blacks. I've seen no one give evidence of it. I've just seen Kanye West, Al Sharpton, and Jesse Jackson spout off like complete fucking morons. But that's really nothing new for any of them, atleast the latter two.
Unread
  (#13)
GP Racer

September 8, 2005, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 636chick
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-1BobbyB
Quote:
That particular forum was not the place to express his opinion about Bush. It was a fundraiser about the people who are in need right now, not one of his concerts where he has free reign.

I just hope his speech didn't discourage people from sending in the money that is so desperately needed right now.

On another note, Mike Meyers and Chris Tucker have the best "OH SH!T" faces.
That was my concern as well. Kanye was there for a reason, and expressing his views on Bush was not it.

Another thought, and I may be speaking out of class on this since I'm a whiteboy. But it seems to mean that in the 80's Al Sharpton was pretty much a kook, with his rants and the whole Tawana Brawley fraud. At the same time, Jesse Jackson was a respectable leader in the black community. Now, it looks like they've completely switched up on the legitimacy scale. I see Al on talk shows and such making all kinds of good points and Jesse is the one running around spewing a bunch of BS. Maybe JJ should retire from the scene and go tend to all those illegitimate kids I been hearing about.

B

'82 Yamaha Maxim 650 (motorcycle graveyard)
'03 Yamaha R1 Blue (stolen-recovered by Anne Arundel Co. Police)
'05 Yamaha R1 Black (protected by Scorpio)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTJ
Please don't waste my time wishing you could have this bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
I would've punched her in the falopian tube, but I just chucked her purse.

http://www.myspace.com/11550649
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#14)
Go Skins!!

September 8, 2005, 03:21 PM

Quote:
As far as Kanye West comments look at the evidence something is missing with this presidents and blacks. Not caring about the black community because they do not effect what you are doing , is worse than being a racist individual

read what I wrote: something is missing with this president when it comes to blacks. This administration is all about what have you done for me lately or what can you do for later. Because the black community does effect this presidence he is not concern with the black community which is worst than being a racist in my opinion.

As far as our so call black leaders, I do not associate myself with them. I was proud of kayne west statement do to the fact he had the heart to say it on live tv. So many whites have said racial comments on TV, radio, etc. I am proud of his statements. The last time an artist spoke out , the diskicy chics, they were damn near killed for their statements. What has happen to freedom of speech in this country, it seems to me that when somebody says something bad about this administration they are label as traitors.

SECOND PLACE IS JUST THE

FIRST LOSER!!!!
Unread
  (#15)
Knee Draggin!

September 8, 2005, 03:27 PM

It's a shame that dumbass used that as a venue to express his non-factual opinions. If he's so disturbed, why ain't his ass knee deep in flood waters?