DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 636
3 members and 633 guests
GRN96WS6, hokie, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Kawasaki Customer Service
Unread
  (#1)
SMB
sans motor bike

Kawasaki Customer Service - July 21, 2009, 04:36 PM

...so I've got 2 holes in my engine..so I call:

Kawasaki CS 949.460.5688

So I call and get this guy Nathan x2569 who gives less than 2 F's about me or the fact that I am a customer.

...it goes like this:

Hi, I'm blah blah, I have a Kawasaki blah blah that I purchased new from your company.

...I tell him a shortend story including that it's at a Kawi dealer...ending with the bike is out of warranty, but I think that it was a crazy situation that the engine blew up.

Nathan: ...well it's out of warranty....you should have bought the extended warranty...there is nothing that we are going to do for you...besides the dealer would have to call us anyway to tell us why it failed, not that we would do anything because it's out of warranty....

...so I tell him what I paid the dealer to do at this point which is inspect and create a parts list (new f'n motor)....but say that they are going to say that it is blown up also....

Nathan:...well they need to say it....and you're out of warranty...

ME:... they have to say what, that there is a huge F'n hole...you won't take my word that there is a huge hole in it???

...so long story short I tell this guy that he is the worst CSR (but not yelling or even cursing this ahole) ever and ask to speak to his boss....not once have I asked for anything. I didn't ask for a new bike/motor/free anything. I'm just looking for what is going to happen in a situation like this....all this time the guy hasn't asked me anything, VIN, contact number, whatever....

ME:...is there a case number or reference number for this call...?
Nathan:...NO...

anyway I get transfered to VM, f'n figures. I call back and damn if I didn't get the SAME ahole AGAIN!

ME: May I speak to another CSR please
Nathan: NO...
ME:So for the ENTIRE company you are the only CSR...
Nathan:Yes...do you want my supervisor? I can transfer....
ME:Is he going to answer or am I going to VM...
Nathan:he could be there....or maybe not
ME:do it...

...AGAIN with the MF'n VM. I hang up and call again, get a different guy, TIM x2575. I explain that I just called and I had horrible service blah blah
and he says yeah you're out of warranty, but in some cases they have covered parts on out of warranty bikes, not that they will, and what the dealer needs to do....blah blah

...That ish was so completely unnecessary. In this economy it's amazing that such aholes have jobs and people who actually work hard don't.

So if you have this misfortune of having to call Kawi and get Nathan x2569, HANG THE FACK UP.

I dip my chicken strips in Chik-fil-a sauce
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Racer

July 21, 2009, 05:21 PM

O WOW ....

Record the call and put upload it on UTube! ...

I have never called Kawi C Service.... but have had to call honda regarding extrended warrenty and got great service...

2008 Aprilia RSV1000R (Sold)
2006 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2015 Kawasaki ZX-10R (Sold)
2009 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2006 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2006 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2008 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (Sold)
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R (Sold)
2000 Honda F4i (Sold)
2008 Honda 1000RR (Sold)
2006 Suzuki GSXR 750 (Sold)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Sold)
2002 Yamaha R1 (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2006 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2003 Honda 600RR (Sold)
2004 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Sold)
1998 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Sold)
1998 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Sold)
1992 Yamaha Seca II (Sold)
2006 Honda 1000RR (Sold)
2001 Suzuki GZ250 (Sold)
2004 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Sold)
2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja (Sold)
1997 Kawasaki 250 Ninja (Sold)
Unread
  (#3)
Groping is a skill...

July 21, 2009, 05:33 PM

I'm just wondering why you called them in the first place though? Especially if you weren't going to ask for anything specific. Shit I would at least raise hell and tell them I want a new motor and try my luck

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Contributor

July 21, 2009, 05:59 PM

I went through all of the same when mine blew up. Coleman's ate the bike and got me on the GSXR. Otherwise Kawi was like cases are back ordered for 60 days and well..looks like you will have to wait. I called till I couldn't get any higher and they were calling me. Bottom line they said they would have a rep inspect the issue and determine if the issue was " in fact a defect " and they would order all the required parts and have the shop perform the rebuild under the warranty coverage. I think the last time I was in Colemans this year the bike was still sitting on the sales floor. I hope your able to get it fixed but you will have to ride them like you did your bike until you get action.

2006 Yamaha R6
2008 Zuma YW50

Semper Fi
MARRC Cornerworker
NESBA #707
CCS AM #991
www.marrc.org
www.cornerspeed.net
www.rnrcycles.com VA
www.trianglecycles.com NC/VA

Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/27068503@N05/
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Lucky  
Unread
  (#5)
I don't like you

July 21, 2009, 06:26 PM

Buy a Honda and it won't blow up.

But that's pretty shitty Brian. Customer Service doesn't exist anymore

RIP Jeff Vega 10/06/09 You will forever ride on in our hearts
Unread
  (#6)
Derpentine Dealer

July 21, 2009, 06:37 PM

I read the story a couple times and didn't see the reason why he had to take your word for it that there is a hole in the engine. It's perfectly legit that they require an authorized third party to report what's wrong with the bike. And I mean if you're outside of the warranty, you're outside the warranty... as in not inside the warranty coverage. Sorry to be a tool, but I think these facts are hard to argue against.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#7)
GP Champ

July 21, 2009, 06:42 PM

good luck
Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

July 21, 2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude View Post
I read the story a couple times and didn't see the reason why he had to take your word for it that there is a hole in the engine. It's perfectly legit that they require an authorized third party to report what's wrong with the bike. And I mean if you're outside of the warranty, you're outside the warranty... as in not inside the warranty coverage. Sorry to be a tool, but I think these facts are hard to argue against.
+1
Unread
  (#9)
SMB
sans motor bike

July 21, 2009, 07:45 PM

wow, know what I wanted, I wanted to think that they were interested in what happend to a customer, sorry that I didn't have a cool story

.....yeah mutha fukas I was gunn runnin' on 495 doin' laps and slid that bitch under the rail haha, I'm gonna try to rip some company off...

....yeah I got this hot bike that was stolen from some dumbass who was too busy postin' on .net to lock his shit up and my boys jacked his shit...

....but in reality I didn't abuse it, I changed the oil, used OEM parts all the time, and yup I'm outta warranty.

Unread
  (#10)
I don't like you

July 21, 2009, 07:46 PM

I don't think Brian is looking for a handout, he just wants to see if Kawi would do anything. Sure he is out of warranty, but its pretty shitty that a bike with 12k on the ticker blows a hole through the engine block. I'd be pretty pissed too if that happened to me.

RIP Jeff Vega 10/06/09 You will forever ride on in our hearts
Unread
  (#11)
Derpentine Dealer

July 22, 2009, 04:37 AM

Right, but you have to see it from the perspective of the company guy too. Think about the sportbike community and how many douche bags there are out there bouncing off the rev limiters all the time. Heck, think about the United States in general, a bunch of whiny, selfish, fat people with some honest, hardworking folks sprinkled in here and there. Now think about how it is to operate a retail company in this land. There is no way anyone is going to be able to just call up and arrange to have a new crate engine sent to their door.

I think the best strategy is to work with the local shop in trying to get some sort of recourse with Kawasaki. The problem you're facing is that they don't normally self-destruct. And if it's any consolation, recently we had peecees at work blow up a month or so outside of warranty, and Dell told us to fuck off. This is just how it goes sometimes, and the reason is that the company cannot really guarantee things for a lifetime because they have no control over how the products are used and maintained.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#12)
TPG

July 22, 2009, 06:46 AM

The bike clearly is a lemon. The bike was nearly 100% stock and Brian wasn't out their doing wheelies or rolling burn outs. No reason someone would suspect they would need an extended warranty when they don't treat their bike like shit.

2008 - Kawasaki ZX-6R
2007 - Suzuki GSX-R750 (Sold)
1999 - Yamaha R6 (Sold)

TPG

RIP Jeff
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Jaxxx  
Unread
  (#13)
yut ugh!

July 22, 2009, 07:01 AM

Even if u were inside your warranty they would have blown you off.. From what it sounds like, they're "customers" are the dealers themselves. Good luck!!

2009 Yamaha R6 Raven
2005 Yamaha R6 Raven - Stolen
Unread
  (#14)
GP Champ

July 22, 2009, 07:51 AM

What bike do you have and what's the story on the engine failure? I don't think you should be annoyed with the kawasaki customer service as much as you should be annoyed with your dealer. When we get a job that might be warranty we become the eyes and ears for the manufacture. We must decide if the problem was caused by a defective part or customer neglect. Usually if we decide it was a defective part or see no sign of a abused bike we can get a good will warranty if it's not to far outside the warranty time. Having a good maintenance record will also help alot.
Unread
  (#15)
SMB
sans motor bike

July 22, 2009, 08:58 AM

History:

07 zx6r bought new, maybe~12.5k, no issues mechanically up to this point, like I said changed the oil like it should, bought/ used OEM oil filters....everything on the bike is OEM except the tires. Never had the bike topped out....

Story:

....that AM rode ~70 miles to haymarket via slab 95, beltway, 66 (aka please give me a ticket) (so you know there was no excessive speed), from haymarket to breakfast via back roads average speed ~50 2-3 gear mostly, from breakfast to where it stopped (less than 100 miles). The bike was running fine all morning, purring......after the break it was less than 1hr of riding before the blow up (again similar speed, and in fact we hit this road COVERED in gravel so speeds were much lower and then we stopped at the bridge 'cuz that guy got the flat tire). Coming down the hill, cross the bridge, heard a noise, felt vibration, look down (smoke billowing out on both sides of the fairings *oh sh*t!*) pull over shut it off, get off, see it bleeding out on the ground.

From that one pic, it was about 100yards from the time it happend to the time I stopped.

....so seriously, when anybody says abuse I say FU.

Last edited by SMB; July 22, 2009 at 09:04 AM..