DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 453
4 members and 449 guests
2blueyam, davidcycle, nootherids, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Keep Right, Pass Left concept
Unread
  (#1)
No paparazzi please

Keep Right, Pass Left concept - July 21, 2009, 02:50 PM

Why does it seem that no one does this anymore, especially here in Maryland?! Three lanes of traffic, ALL GOING THE SAME SPEED?! In most states that I've lived in, it's actually illegal to cruise in the left lane, regardless of the fact that it's just bad driving. Do they not teach this anymore? WTF?

'08 600rr - motofans custom fairings, crg, akra, puig db, watsens, audi, iwin, tripage fe & gas cap, r&g, ddm hid's

PS3: HighlyFavored420
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
AMA Superbike Champ

July 21, 2009, 03:05 PM

+100

I travel 95 everyday and you would be surprised how many people are cruising at 55mph on the left lane causing traffic.

BTW, I heard in some states the right lane is actually the fast/passing lane. Is that true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyFavored0420 View Post
Why does it seem that no one does this anymore, especially here in Maryland?! Three lanes of traffic, ALL GOING THE SAME SPEED?! In most states that I've lived in, it's actually illegal to cruise in the left lane, regardless of the fact that it's just bad driving. Do they not teach this anymore? WTF?
Unread
  (#3)
Happiness Consultant

July 21, 2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyFavored0420 View Post
In most states that I've lived in, it's actually illegal to cruise in the left lane, regardless of the fact that it's just bad driving.
when I was in the UK, they actually enforced this law - they sooooo need it here.

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Unread
  (#4)
TPG - screw face

July 21, 2009, 03:08 PM

MD fuckin blows. I get through there the same way I get through DC = 0 regard for no one but myself.
Unread
  (#5)
Nubbs ban yourself!

July 21, 2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneway View Post
MD fuckin blows. I get through there the same way I get through DC = 0 regard for no one but myself.
Yea, and VA the vag state doesn't!

To punish and enslave!
2003 GSXR1K
2008 HD Night Train
religion is just a misspelling of superstition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Once again I forgive you for your self-righteousness, bigotry and prejudice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
I'll also thank them for proving that you don't need the force to get a woman to make you a sammich.
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
-Benjamin Franklin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYpOF...embedded#at=36
http://www.bachbio.com/gunsavelives.htm
Unread
  (#6)
Traction Control

July 21, 2009, 03:17 PM

people on 66 and 81 try to pass on the right ALL the time because they don't wanna wait 20 secs for the guy in the front of the left lane to move over. they get stuck behind the slowest driver who is in the right lane, and everyone gets close to the car in front of them so they can't cut in. stupid idiot passing in right = the last to pass the car and ends up behind everyone else.

idiots

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Tecknojoe  
Unread
  (#7)
Nothing here

July 21, 2009, 03:20 PM

Drive on the toll road just once and you will know exactly where the worst offenders of this simple rule hang out most. And in the rare occasions when I get to HOV on the TR, some dope in a Prius always tries to get the most MPG on his way home.
Unread
  (#8)
TPG - screw face

July 21, 2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2sport View Post
Yea, and VA the vag state doesn't!
agreed!!
Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

July 21, 2009, 03:33 PM

Fuck MD the roads are all shit they dont maintain a fucking thing my truck bottomed out 3 times on my way to MIR last weekend! I also saw about a million squids blowing up and down the highways and more then enough police! I know Virginia sucks for police but damn atleast we have decent roads and u dont get ur doors blown off by calamari every couple miles.... Oh and where in the fuck do MD peeps have to go thats so important its like they dont travel any less then 20 above the speed limit.

.................................................. ..................
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
Since MJ was 99% plastic, they're going to melt him down to make some lego blocks so kids can play with him for a
change.
.................................................. .......................
Unread
  (#10)
opossum puncher

July 21, 2009, 03:38 PM

Outside of the major cities are the only places Ive found where people dont camp in the left lane.

There was a list about NOVA once, and the fact that no self respecting resident would ever dream of not being in the left lane, regardless of how fast, or slow they are going.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#11)
TPG og

July 21, 2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiixerFiend7 View Post
Fuck MD the roads are all shit they dont maintain a fucking thing my truck bottomed out 3 times on my way to MIR last weekend! I also saw about a million squids blowing up and down the highways and more then enough police! I know Virginia sucks for police but damn atleast we have decent roads and u dont get ur doors blown off by calamari every couple miles.... Oh and where in the fuck do MD peeps have to go thats so important its like they dont travel any less then 20 above the speed limit.
Wow, never been on 66? Only major thoroughfare i've seen that was muiltiple colors and levels. If thats yalls best bet against 270...sad dude. Its a lot of fun going offroading on 66 when heading down to RnR or most of NOVA. Fix them potholes, what do yall think you're Baltimore City or something? As for speed, well at least we know this concept of "merging" as well, whaddya know 66 is backed up again

It should always be driver in the right, pass on left. Too many times (Rockville Pike yet again) idiots in the left lane going 35 when speed limit is 40 and everyone else is going 45-55. Then you pass on right and bam someone who doesn't have a moron in front them moves to pass on on left and theres a collision. With all the extra speedtraps, cops could get a lot more ticklet revnue for slowing the left lane and not using turn signals! And bad drivers are on both sides of the "border", only difference is we think the other side has the worst drivers!

Last edited by b00st; July 21, 2009 at 03:44 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#12)
AMA Superbike Champ

July 21, 2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EduardoSuave View Post
when I was in the UK, they actually enforced this law - they sooooo need it here.
The ONLY rule they don't enforce. People wouldn't rage so much if they could simply keep traffic moving.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CBontheMV  
Unread
  (#13)
GP Racer

July 21, 2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00STZX3 View Post
Wow, never been on 66? Only major thoroughfare i've seen that was muiltiple colors and levels. If thats yalls best bet against 270...sad dude. Its a lot of fun going offroading on 66 when heading down to RnR or most of NOVA. Fix them potholes, what do yall think you're Baltimore City or something? As for speed, well at least we know this concept of "merging" as well, whaddya know 66 is backed up again

It should always be driver in the right, pass on left. Too many times (Rockville Pike yet again) idiots in the left lane going 35 when speed limit is 40 and everyone else is going 45-55. Then you pass on right and bam someone who doesn't have a moron in front them moves to pass on on left and theres a collision. With all the extra speedtraps, cops could get a lot more ticklet revnue for slowing the left lane and not using turn signals! And bad drivers are on both sides of the "border", only difference is we think the other side has the worst drivers!
lol at your 66 comments, but regarding the pike or any other non-highway. slow people sometimes gotta turn left. slow people also probably don't merge fast, so they camp in the lane they need to be in. I don't really have an issue with that. the hw stuff IS annoying. it really does cause traffic. if you're gong the same speed at least get in the same lane and save some gas. not letting faster traffic pass is just hating (and lots of people purposefully do this). as long as it's not bumper to bumper, you'll never see the faster traffic again, and it doesn't slow you down to not block. it's the same mentality with people who like to block riders from splitting traffic at lights.

Last edited by slow231; July 21, 2009 at 03:59 PM..
Unread
  (#14)
GP Champ

July 21, 2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00STZX3 View Post

thats only a couple miles of the entire highway that is like that.... MD has shitty roads and thats it.... and so much calamari on ur interstates its obnoxious.... 66 traffic does suck but what do u expect traveling east bound where it goes from 4 lanes down to 2 through Arlington and traveling West bound it because of all the idiot Hov violators and the construction through gainesville.... I still prefer riding my bike around a VA motorist then a MD motorist anyday...

.................................................. ..................
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
Since MJ was 99% plastic, they're going to melt him down to make some lego blocks so kids can play with him for a
change.
.................................................. .......................
Unread
  (#15)
GP Champ

July 21, 2009, 04:21 PM

Nope, it is not illegal to cruise in the left lane anywhere in the country except New Jersey.

Public roads are designed for transportation, not to help you speed. If you go the speed limit, you will not find this to be a problem.