DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:



Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 483
6 members and 477 guests
CCS762ZX6, Sal_the_man, Scot, Slider, tonetone, TTViper
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Kicked out for Carrying (firearm) at hard times, woodbridge
Unread
  (#1)
I am a nice guy :)
 
leon's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,037
Join Date: October 8, 2002
Location: Arlington
Kicked out for Carrying (firearm) at hard times, woodbridge - June 8, 2006, 05:59 PM

http://www.packing.org/community/whe...listview/14039

It was terrible to see this, as I know it's one of our favorite TWT spots. I guess that counts me and anyone else out who attends this venue, and lawfully carries on a regular basis.

We seem to have a little pull around there...

Thoughts?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to leon  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#2)
Owner & Creator
 
Carnage's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,418
Join Date: June 11, 2003
Location: TROLL WORLD
June 8, 2006, 06:01 PM

if im not mistaking your not suppose to take a handgun where drinks are sold like a bar or something right?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#3)
I am a nice guy :)
 
leon's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,037
Join Date: October 8, 2002
Location: Arlington
June 8, 2006, 06:06 PM

You cannot conceal carry, that is illegal in any establishment where alcohol is sold. You can instead OPEN carry (firearm is displayed).

-Leon
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to leon  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#4)
Pleased to meet me
 
nunyadambusiness's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,227
Join Date: April 4, 2003
Location: moon
June 8, 2006, 06:15 PM

I was scared to go to packing.org
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#5)
Im too lazy
 
Posts: 164
Join Date: March 31, 2006
Location: Annandale, VA
June 8, 2006, 06:16 PM

its a private business establishment. if they dont want weapons concealed or open, its their right.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ
 
Posts: 2,839
Join Date: November 12, 2002
Location: Woodbridge, VA
June 8, 2006, 06:17 PM

This is the Woodbridge location not the Springfrield one. Although there have been a couple times where we have met at the Woodbridge location. I believe it's up to management whether or not they allow customers to open carry.


Katie 135
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Brooks  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#7)
Playing with toys
 
N8RIDER's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,587
Join Date: May 14, 2005
Location: Western PWC
June 8, 2006, 06:43 PM

I don't want to pull out the BS card, but I know this guy personally. He just got his permit this winter to conceal (please note: I was there when he bought his pistol, a lil exaggeration is taking place on the timeline he is giving). I think its pretty damn funny that he finally got flagged while flaunting his peace around. We (him, his wife, his twins, my gf, & I) went to dinner in Manassas at Kobe and he felt he had to push his pistol around then. It was actually embarrasying, because an off duty PWC cop sitting next to him was laughing and just shaking his head as I tried not to laugh myself (because of the way he was carrying himself). There is no reason you must have it all the time on you when its an open carry establishment with some friends and your children with you. My gf & I weren't too happy because we didn't need the headache of dealing with all the stares that night. If he got asked to leave, so what its there place of business. Having the permit isn't the problem here, he tends to flaunt it around and someone checked him on it.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to N8RIDER  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#8)
Face Down @$$ UP
 
WvGoDFather's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,776
Join Date: September 11, 2005
Location: Eastern Panhandle of Wv
June 8, 2006, 07:01 PM

Carry concealed is exactly what it means. Why would anyone in their right mind, carrying concealed, then make adjustments to make sure is known that its concealed.
You dumbass, if I am robbing the place your in, the 1st person Iam taking out is you, your showing me you may have the advantage.
Its bad enough that I have show my ID, and shield when I get on a plane. I have just given away a large part of the element of surprise.
Who here can not spot out a LEO onboard? Even if I didnt know 1/2 those guys around IAD,BWI, and DCA, wouldnt be that hard at all.

So what makes a regular person with a CCW think he can have the upper hand, by playing dirty harry. Remember, Fast is Fine ~ Accuracy is FINAL!


"If brains were gas. You wouldnt have enough gas, to drive a piss-ants' motorcycle, half-way around a BB."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to WvGoDFather Send a message via MSN to WvGoDFather  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#9)
I am a nice guy :)
 
leon's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,037
Join Date: October 8, 2002
Location: Arlington
June 8, 2006, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean_8044
its a private business establishment. if they dont want weapons concealed or open, its their right.
My apologies if it sounded like I was saying they had no right to do this. Of course they do. I tend to not like it when people prevent me from paying to utilize their establishment and kick me out, for doing no wrong.

-Leon
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to leon  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#10)
I am a nice guy :)
 
leon's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,037
Join Date: October 8, 2002
Location: Arlington
June 8, 2006, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate1213
I don't want to pull out the BS card, but I know this guy personally. He just got his permit this winter to conceal (please note: I was there when he bought his pistol, a lil exaggeration is taking place on the timeline he is giving). I think its pretty damn funny that he finally got flagged while flaunting his peace around. We (him, his wife, his twins, my gf, & I) went to dinner in Manassas at Kobe and he felt he had to push his pistol around then. It was actually embarrasying, because an off duty PWC cop sitting next to him was laughing and just shaking his head as I tried not to laugh myself (because of the way he was carrying himself). There is no reason you must have it all the time on you when its an open carry establishment with some friends and your children with you. My gf & I weren't too happy because we didn't need the headache of dealing with all the stares that night. If he got asked to leave, so what its there place of business. Having the permit isn't the problem here, he tends to flaunt it around and someone checked him on it.
Obviously lol thats not what he posted over there. I disagree with your comment "There is no reason you must have it all the time on you when its an open carry establishment with some friends and your children with you." It is never wrong to protect yourself, though I can understand why people would not be around firearms. I also tend to ignore people who stare, as I am not doing anything wrong, and if it deters someone from doing anything "illegal" to me so be it.

-Leon
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to leon  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#11)
Im too lazy
 
Posts: 164
Join Date: March 31, 2006
Location: Annandale, VA
June 8, 2006, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon
My apologies if it sounded like I was saying they had no right to do this. Of course they do. I tend to not like it when people prevent me from paying to utilize their establishment and kick me out, for doing no wrong.

-Leon
i understand what your saying, and i know it sucks to get kicked out of a place when youre well within your legal rights. Its still a private establishment. My apartment complex has weapons outlawed, right along with large dogs. Go figure
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#12)
BE ENCOURAGED!
 
GUZZ's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,197
Join Date: June 23, 2003
Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA
June 8, 2006, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WvGoDFather
Carry concealed is exactly what it means. Why would anyone in their right mind, carrying concealed, then make adjustments to make sure is known that its concealed.
Because the Commonwealth of Virginia's law is ass backwards. They don't allow conceal carry in establishments that serve alcohol. They do, however, allow open carry in alcohol serving establishments unless it is CLEARLY posted by management on the entrance of the establishment "No Firearms Allowed" (this rule applies to conceal carry as well).

Members of the Virginia Citizen's Defense League are working hard to get this backwards law overturned. It is presently being kicked around in the VA Congress. I think it will be reversed in the very near future. If you would like to find out more please go to:

www.vcdl.org


FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#13)
I am a nice guy :)
 
leon's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,037
Join Date: October 8, 2002
Location: Arlington
June 8, 2006, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean_8044
i understand what your saying, and i know it sucks to get kicked out of a place when youre well within your legal rights. Its still a private establishment. My apartment complex has weapons outlawed, right along with large dogs. Go figure
Really? I thought you were allowed to have a firearm on your property (wher e you live) regardless of who actually owns it.

I'll have to look into that.

-Leon
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to leon  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#14)
BE ENCOURAGED!
 
GUZZ's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,197
Join Date: June 23, 2003
Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA
June 8, 2006, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon
Really? I thought you were allowed to have a firearm on your property (where you live) regardless of who actually owns it.

I'll have to look into that.

-Leon
Nope. The property owner has the right to determine if firearms are allowed or not. That's the law. Same with business owners. HOWEVER...they must prohibit EVERBODY form entering their property with firearms. No exceptions (other than law enforcement) or they are guilty of discrimination.


FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#15)
I am a nice guy :)
 
leon's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,037
Join Date: October 8, 2002
Location: Arlington
June 8, 2006, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUZZLER
Nope. The property owner has the right to determine if firearms are allowed or not. That's the law. Same with business owners. HOWEVER...they must prohibit EVERBODY form entering their property with firearms. No exceptions (other than law enforcement) or they are guilty of discrimination.
What about condos where you have to walk through common areas? Toss the pistol out the window and catch it in public street? lolol

-Leon
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to leon  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest 2002-2010 by DCSportbikes.net. DCSportbikes.net is owned by End of Time Studios, LLC.