DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:



Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 562
2 members and 560 guests
2blueyam, davidcycle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
"Kip Hawley is an Idiot"
Unread
  (#1)
B
It goes to 11.
 
B's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,806
Join Date: November 8, 2004
Location: Moet Chandon on a Schlitz budget
"Kip Hawley is an Idiot" - September 29, 2006, 11:12 AM

A sentiment I cannot deny I wholeheartedly agree with.

A passenger was detained for roughtly a half hour for having the above script in marker on a clear plastic bag containing some carry on items. Recently passengers have been disallowed to carry any liquid containers in excess of 3 ounces (the FBI deemed largest container impossible to make a bomb out of... right then...).

He was pulled out and screened, checked for anything illegal, and then told he could express his opinions elsewhere but not in the airport... so it would seem your constitutional rights do not extend there any more... it's been that way for a while but at least now they are admitting to it...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/09/28/idi...gie/index.html


SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#2)
Groundhogs can play dead
 
tfinch's Avatar
 
Posts: 11,603
Join Date: November 25, 2002
September 29, 2006, 11:19 AM

I'm beginning to think you are right in a lot of things, Benjamin.


Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#3)
B
It goes to 11.
 
B's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,806
Join Date: November 8, 2004
Location: Moet Chandon on a Schlitz budget
September 29, 2006, 11:25 AM

He's my freakin hero, they tried to take his bag away and he refused... eventually they had to let him go cause he didn't do anything illegal...


SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#4)
Groundhogs can play dead
 
tfinch's Avatar
 
Posts: 11,603
Join Date: November 25, 2002
September 29, 2006, 11:31 AM

I am so glad I don't work at the airport anymore.


Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#5)
Site Owner
 
ClemsonJeeper's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,971
Join Date: March 9, 2004
Location: CashBurn, VA
September 29, 2006, 11:39 AM

Yup, but he probably missed his flight.

Oh well.

I guess it's a fine line. I'd rather them be over-safe than have my airplane blow up. Since the foiled terrorist plot was planning on using common containers to ship inert fluids and gels that when mixed formed explosives, it's only reasonable to ban these items on the flights.

Yes, its a pain in the ass, but like I said - better safe than sorry.


(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.



Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#6)
Posting Nothing Relevant
 
eck226's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,254
Join Date: September 1, 2005
Location: breakin in your locker so i can smash your glasses
September 29, 2006, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper
Yup, but he probably missed his flight.

Oh well.

I guess it's a fine line. I'd rather them be over-safe than have my airplane blow up. Since the foiled terrorist plot was planning on using common containers to ship inert fluids and gels that when mixed formed explosives, it's only reasonable to ban these items on the flights.

Yes, its a pain in the ass, but like I said - better safe than sorry.
+1

i dont care if i have to get to the airport 24 hours in advance to make a flight, if it doesnt blow up, or crash into something im a happy camper.

and what is the obsession terrorists have with planes? i mean, there are SO many other things out there.


The East Coast Kid


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
This is America I can shit where I want. FREEDOM!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to eck226 Send a message via AIM to eck226  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#7)
B
It goes to 11.
 
B's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,806
Join Date: November 8, 2004
Location: Moet Chandon on a Schlitz budget
September 29, 2006, 11:46 AM

The fluids aren't the issue, nor the size of the container, nor the expected security measures... it's that this guy got the shake down for expressing his opinion. Eventually this won't just be the airports... you say something like this to a cop and they can arrest you.. for what? Believing something.

A shit ton of your rights and abilities are being stripped away because our society either isn't affected by them being stripped (if it doesn't affect me I don't care) or because they feel like someone else is taking care of it properly. When was the last time you could actually trust the Government to do anything right...

Ask anyone on here who works for a government agency, it's full of GS workers who don't do shit all day, who have thier jobs because they are ethnic, a veteran, disabled, or girls. Not that those are inherently bad but choosing who is best for a job on those criterion is bad, being asian with a pegleg and a vagina doesnt make you a subject matter expert.

I'd rather they NOT detain people like this gentleman, because he was obviously not a threat. The threats are the people who don't look like threats.


SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#8)
Brainwash Your Face!
 
boomchic00's Avatar
 
Posts: 17,231
Join Date: June 4, 2003
September 29, 2006, 11:52 AM

Dont even get me started...I was forced to throw away a Guns N Roses belt buckle that was in my carry on cause the security dyke deemed it "inappropriate" even though I wore damn thing 2 weeks prior on another flight.


"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI


  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#9)
Site Owner
 
ClemsonJeeper's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,971
Join Date: March 9, 2004
Location: CashBurn, VA
September 29, 2006, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixrben
The fluids aren't the issue, nor the size of the container, nor the expected security measures... it's that this guy got the shake down for expressing his opinion. Eventually this won't just be the airports... you say something like this to a cop and they can arrest you.. for what? Believing something.

A shit ton of your rights and abilities are being stripped away because our society either isn't affected by them being stripped (if it doesn't affect me I don't care) or because they feel like someone else is taking care of it properly. When was the last time you could actually trust the Government to do anything right...

Ask anyone on here who works for a government agency, it's full of GS workers who don't do shit all day, who have thier jobs because they are ethnic, a veteran, disabled, or girls. Not that those are inherently bad but choosing who is best for a job on those criterion is bad, being asian with a pegleg and a vagina doesnt make you a subject matter expert.

I'd rather they NOT detain people like this gentleman, because he was obviously not a threat. The threats are the people who don't look like threats.
I'm not saying that him being detained was right - he absolutely has the right to express his opinion. His opinion is that "Kip Hawley is an Idiot" because he has to bring a little baggie with his mini-toiletries in. Sorry buddy, suck it up - we all have to deal with it.

So how was he obviously not a threat? What if it was an Afghani in a burqa with the same bag that said the same thing?


(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.



Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#10)
Dressed for Success
 
Ninja636's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,392
Join Date: April 12, 2005
Location: Centreville
September 29, 2006, 12:08 PM

It's how you act that gives security concerns. A man who has puts forth the effort into writing the smartass comment on the bag is probably going to be confrontational when questioned about it.

Detained for 30 minutes, cry me a friggin' river.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#11)
Site Owner
 
ClemsonJeeper's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,971
Join Date: March 9, 2004
Location: CashBurn, VA
September 29, 2006, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja636
It's how you act that gives security concerns. A man who has puts forth the effort into writing the smartass comment on the bag is probably going to be confrontational when questioned about it.

Detained for 30 minutes, cry me a friggin' river.
Exactly. You absolutely have the right to express your opinion and be a jackass, but they have the right to detain you, as well.


(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.



Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#12)
Pleased to meet me
 
nunyadambusiness's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,227
Join Date: April 4, 2003
Location: moon
September 29, 2006, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixrben
The fluids aren't the issue, nor the size of the container, nor the expected security measures... it's that this guy got the shake down for expressing his opinion. Eventually this won't just be the airports... you say something like this to a cop and they can arrest you.. for what? Believing something.

A shit ton of your rights and abilities are being stripped away because our society either isn't affected by them being stripped (if it doesn't affect me I don't care) or because they feel like someone else is taking care of it properly. When was the last time you could actually trust the Government to do anything right...

Ask anyone on here who works for a government agency, it's full of GS workers who don't do shit all day, who have thier jobs because they are ethnic, a veteran, disabled, or girls. Not that those are inherently bad but choosing who is best for a job on those criterion is bad, being asian with a pegleg and a vagina doesnt make you a subject matter expert.

I'd rather they NOT detain people like this gentleman, because he was obviously not a threat. The threats are the people who don't look like threats.
Our government is not perfect but they do some things right. TSA is far from a well-oiled machine but they are doing what they have been told to do.

In relative terms, our government is pretty good.

  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#13)
B
It goes to 11.
 
B's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,806
Join Date: November 8, 2004
Location: Moet Chandon on a Schlitz budget
September 29, 2006, 12:15 PM

Yea, he was dealing with it, and expressing his opinion in a VERY passive way...

Rob, it should NEVER be your job to explain what you AREN'T a threat... or welcome yourself to martial law my friend. Be careful what you wish for, the control (for your safety, wellbeing, ability to effect your legislature) you hand off to others to manage is the control you may never get back, beyond that, it's the level of control the little ClemsonJeepers will never have.

I say this a lot, and I know it, but our system doesn't have a descaling, deescalating plan. Where jersey walls get taken back down, and meauseums are open to walk into like when we were little kids.

Security is the prison you build for yourself, and in the end all you are is confined.


SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#14)
B
It goes to 11.
 
B's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,806
Join Date: November 8, 2004
Location: Moet Chandon on a Schlitz budget
September 29, 2006, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja636
It's how you act that gives security concerns. A man who has puts forth the effort into writing the smartass comment on the bag is probably going to be confrontational when questioned about it.

Detained for 30 minutes, cry me a friggin' river.

Exactly. You absolutely have the right to express your opinion and be a jackass, but they have the right to detain you, as well.
I am continually amazed at what people will give up for the illusion of safety.

EDIT: Good logic though guys, apparently they thought that taking his bag would make him less confrontational But since when did you become a jackass because you don't agree with the system?


SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.

Last edited by B; September 29, 2006 at 12:20 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#15)
Site Owner
 
ClemsonJeeper's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,971
Join Date: March 9, 2004
Location: CashBurn, VA
September 29, 2006, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixrben
I am continually amazed at what people will give up for the illusion of safety.

EDIT: Good logic though guys, apparently they thought that taking his bag would make him less confrontational But since when did you become a jackass because you don't agree with the system?
Er, so how do you solve the problem?

First, they ban all those substances on the planes. People bitch. Then they allow mini ones on just to appease passengers. People still bitch.

Well if its an illusion of safety they might as well just not have any security and let people fly at their own risk. Actually then it might be the person who is armed the best would actually reach their destination.


(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.



Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest 2002-2010 by DCSportbikes.net. DCSportbikes.net is owned by End of Time Studios, LLC.