DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 588
1 members and 587 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
kony2012
Unread
  (#1)
GP Racer

kony2012 - March 7, 2012, 03:20 AM

help out!

08- 99 cbr f4---sold
08-05 r6 --- sold
08-03 streetfighter cbr rr crash need parts
super pucket bike x19
11- 06 zx6r 636
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
SRWJTS P.R.O.

March 7, 2012, 05:41 AM

damn shit crazy this is the stuff that pisses me off...i can spend 9 months in the persian gulf and in the black sea but we can take care of this little ass problem..bullshit so many fuckin kids man..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileysDad View Post
I'm happy to share some tips too....as long as you stop saying "yo" as the end of every sentence.
Xbox- xK1NG GwuaLLax ...see me on GoW3
K6 GSXR 600 - Sold
K7 - R6s ...sold thank god
K6 GSXR - never leaving you

PITTSBURGH BOY

R.I.P Dad 8-10-2012
Unread
  (#3)
opossum puncher

March 7, 2012, 07:16 AM

Seems like a good potential use of Seal Team 6 to me.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#4)
SRWJTS P.R.O.

March 7, 2012, 09:39 AM

yessir

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileysDad View Post
I'm happy to share some tips too....as long as you stop saying "yo" as the end of every sentence.
Xbox- xK1NG GwuaLLax ...see me on GoW3
K6 GSXR 600 - Sold
K7 - R6s ...sold thank god
K6 GSXR - never leaving you

PITTSBURGH BOY

R.I.P Dad 8-10-2012
Unread
  (#5)
Give me the Ban Button!

March 7, 2012, 10:16 AM

I would be interested in doing some Photo work for the group that goes out around DC on April 20th. Let me know if you have any connections with that group.

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#6)
No more 1050 :(

March 7, 2012, 10:57 AM

in
Unread
  (#7)
Elite Racing

March 7, 2012, 11:09 AM

Hmm, there may be some signs that pop up in Ashburn/Broadlands.

Chris
Elite Racing
CCS AM #458

Godspeed Bam Bam

VFR Matt: gotta be a winner at something. Cant reach for the stars mind well be king of suck
tecknojoe: we could get together at my house and mount my trailor
vonstallin: whack one off 4 me henrey
thefitzvh: I'm the assholist asshole that ever assholed
Unread
  (#8)
GP Racer

March 7, 2012, 02:19 PM

That's good

08- 99 cbr f4---sold
08-05 r6 --- sold
08-03 streetfighter cbr rr crash need parts
super pucket bike x19
11- 06 zx6r 636
Unread
  (#9)
AMA Superbike Champ

March 7, 2012, 04:52 PM

I didnt watch the 30 minutes of this shit. I saw the title, watched 4 minutes of this man purse wearing, urban latte sipper and new exactly where he was going with this shit...

-Fuck the asshole that made this movie,
-fuck the social engineers that are trying to herd the sheep into ops in in Central Africa/Uganda/Sudan etc.
-and fuck the gullible pigs who eat this shit up.

Dumbfucks who couldnt find their asshole with a spoon are all spun up to get Joseph Kony - a two bit barbarian in a barbaric country with a decoades long history of barabarism.

This has been brewing for a good while now:

Obama Sends U.S. Troops To Central Africa To Aid Campaign Against Rebel Group | Fox News

allAfrica.com: Uganda: Tullow in Major Deal
Unread
  (#10)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

March 7, 2012, 04:54 PM

Wasn't most of that footage shot in like 2004 anyways? Hasn't there been a peace accord since then?

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
Unread
  (#11)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

March 7, 2012, 04:58 PM

We got trouble. - Visible Children - KONY 2012 Criticism

This is interesting...

Quote:
We got trouble.

For those asking what you can do to help, please link to visiblechildren.tumblr.com wherever you see KONY 2012 posts. And tweet a link to this page to famous people on Twitter who are talking about KONY 2012!

I do not doubt for a second that those involved in KONY 2012 have great intentions, nor do I doubt for a second that Joseph Kony is a very evil man. But despite this, I’m strongly opposed to the KONY 2012 campaign.

KONY 2012 is the product of a group called Invisible Children, a controversial activist group and not-for-profit. They’ve released 11 films, most with an accompanying bracelet colour (KONY 2012 is fittingly red), all of which focus on Joseph Kony. When we buy merch from them, when we link to their video, when we put up posters linking to their website, we support the organization. I don’t think that’s a good thing, and I’m not alone.

Invisible Children has been condemned time and time again. As a registered not-for-profit, its finances are public. Last year, the organization spent $8,676,614. Only 32% went to direct services (page 6), with much of the rest going to staff salaries, travel and transport, and film production. This is far from ideal for an issue which arguably needs action and aid, not awareness, and Charity Navigator rates their accountability 2/4 stars because they lack an external audit committee. But it goes way deeper than that.

The group is in favour of direct military intervention, and their money supports the Ugandan government’s army and various other military forces. Here’s a photo of the founders of Invisible Children posing with weapons and personnel of the Sudan People’s Liberation Army. Both the Ugandan army and Sudan People’s Liberation Army are riddled with accusations of rape and looting, but Invisible Children defends them, arguing that the Ugandan army is “better equipped than that of any of the other affected countries”, although Kony is no longer active in Uganda and hasn’t been since 2006 by their own admission. These books each refer to the rape and sexual assault that are perennial issues with the UPDF, the military group Invisible Children is defending.

Still, the bulk of Invisible Children’s spending isn’t on supporting African militias, but on awareness and filmmaking. Which can be great, except that Foreign Affairs has claimed that Invisible Children (among others) “manipulates facts for strategic purposes, exaggerating the scale of LRA abductions and murders and emphasizing the LRA’s use of innocent children as soldiers, and portraying Kony — a brutal man, to be sure — as uniquely awful, a Kurtz-like embodiment of evil.” He’s certainly evil, but exaggeration and manipulation to capture the public eye is unproductive, unprofessional and dishonest.

As Chris Blattman, a political scientist at Yale, writes on the topic of IC’s programming, “There’s also something inherently misleading, naive, maybe even dangerous, about the idea of rescuing children or saving of Africa. […] It hints uncomfortably of the White Man’s Burden. Worse, sometimes it does more than hint. The savior attitude is pervasive in advocacy, and it inevitably shapes programming. Usually misconceived programming.”

Still, Kony’s a bad guy, and he’s been around a while. Which is why the US has been involved in stopping him for years. U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM) has sent multiple missions to capture or kill Kony over the years. And they’ve failed time and time again, each provoking a ferocious response and increased retaliative slaughter. The issue with taking out a man who uses a child army is that his bodyguards are children. Any effort to capture or kill him will almost certainly result in many children’s deaths, an impact that needs to be minimized as much as possible. Each attempt brings more retaliation. And yet Invisible Children supports military intervention. Kony has been involved in peace talks in the past, which have fallen through. But Invisible Children is now focusing on military intervention.

Military intervention may or may not be the right idea, but people supporting KONY 2012 probably don’t realize they’re supporting the Ugandan military who are themselves raping and looting away. If people know this and still support Invisible Children because they feel it’s the best solution based on their knowledge and research, I have no issue with that. But I don’t think most people are in that position, and that’s a problem.

Is awareness good? Yes. But these problems are highly complex, not one-dimensional and, frankly, aren’t of the nature that can be solved by postering, film-making and changing your Facebook profile picture, as hard as that is to swallow. Giving your money and public support to Invisible Children so they can spend it on supporting ill-advised violent intervention and movie #12 isn’t helping. Do I have a better answer? No, I don’t, but that doesn’t mean that you should support KONY 2012 just because it’s something. Something isn’t always better than nothing. Sometimes it’s worse.

If you want to write to your Member of Parliament or your Senator or the President or the Prime Minister, by all means, go ahead. If you want to post about Joseph Kony’s crimes on Facebook, go ahead. But let’s keep it about Joseph Kony, not KONY 2012.

~ Grant Oyston

Grant Oyston is a sociology and political science student at Acadia University in Nova Scotia, Canada. You can help spread the word about this by linking to his blog at visiblechildren.tumblr.com anywhere you see posts about KONY 2012.

Please do not email Grant except to provide alternative causes, or with media requests, as I am no longer able to read emails (which I’m receiving at a rate of over 1000 an hour).

Anyone else find it convenient that this film comes out just after a bunch of new oil discoveries in the region?

Read the rest of my link above. there's some interesting stuff in it.

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...

Last edited by Fitz; March 7, 2012 at 05:00 PM..
Unread
  (#12)
Knarly Adventurer

March 7, 2012, 06:16 PM

Everytime you cook up...a little boy gets crushed by a bridge. -JTG40cal

2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC
2009 Scrambler SOLD
2007 ZX14 SOLD
2005 R1 SOLD
1999 ZRX SOLD
1996 FZR SOLD
Unread
  (#13)
Your Ad Here

March 7, 2012, 06:17 PM

Deploy Fleece Johnson ...

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#14)
Knarly Adventurer

March 7, 2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Deploy Fleece Johnson ...
Booty Warrior!

Everytime you cook up...a little boy gets crushed by a bridge. -JTG40cal

2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC