DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 504
1 members and 503 guests
fxc3700
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
LA doping case
Unread
  (#1)
( * )|( * )

LA doping case - October 11, 2012, 02:10 PM

So the USADA finally came forward with the report.

The reality is that Armstrong should have admitted he doped (if indeed he did) and blown the covers off of everyone.

Problem with the USADA's report is that it is mostly hearsay and hearsay from admitted cheaters.

Now, even if Armstrong did dope, so did everyone else so at this point, what is the USADA gaining by going after Armstrong? All it does is show that the testing used by the UCI was a complete failure and nearly everyone was cheating and most got away with it for years. Armstrong denied doping because he knew that the only evidence the USADA or anyone else could come up with was hearsay at best. Now, if pints of blood, or test samples are retested and prove to show the use of steroids, EPO, etc...then it is case closed. However, even with all of their evidence and testimonies, there is still no solid proof of whether or not Armstrong doped. Although, it would be difficult to argue that he did not dope since it seems that just about everyone else did. Again, it turns into a circle and in the end...their case does nothing unless they punish everyone involved...but how do you do that without solid proof?
It's a cirlcle which encompasses no winning solution.

If Armstrong is stripped of his titles...it gives cycling a black eye along with Armstrong's Cancer foundation which works against a valid cause. If they do not find Armstrong guilty, nobody will ever view him the same along with the others who testified including Hincapie so guilty or not guilty at this point his reputation is ruined along with the validity of the races during that time period.

Problem I have is all those who cheated for so many years, why didn't they come forward and give a reason for a search warrant, if they knew all of this including having Armstrong's blood..all they had to do was take or report it to an authority and really help the sport by catching him red handed. Instead, they cheated, they got away with it, and when they realized Armstrong and the others may be caught they finally come forward. To me, that does nothing for anyone except point out (as I said earlier) the failures of the testing program. The report clearly shows how many got away with doping for years.

It's not the "passed" tests or anything else that concern me...it's WHY didn't any of these people come forward to bust him while all of this was going on? He probably did dope, do they have 100% solid evidence? NO...so again...what does any of this really do? At this point nothing...

So if Armstrong doped...so what...seems like everyone else did, the only correct course would be to wipe out those tours along with everyone who came forward results. No winners here period! I do sincerely hope this leads to more money being invested into the testing program not only at the pro level but at the AM levels as well.

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Your Ad Here

October 11, 2012, 03:19 PM

I heard this ride was cancelled ... 7-times.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

October 11, 2012, 03:30 PM

Cool another lance thread

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
Unread
  (#4)
The last urrbendah

October 11, 2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
I heard this ride was cancelled ... 7-times.

I lol'd for real.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
Unread
  (#5)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

October 11, 2012, 06:35 PM

lol

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#6)
Eddie would go ...

October 11, 2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
Cool another lance thread
He's a Texan - no way he cheated

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
Unread
  (#7)
Eddie would go ...

October 11, 2012, 09:02 PM

I read the full report.

He actually did test positive on more than one occasion.

6 of his samples in 1999 ranged from 89%-100% (80% is the standard), thus positive for EPO

He was also positive in the Tour de Suisse in 2001. Bank records show a transfer from Lance to UCI fo $100,000 to make that go away. UCI had a history of calling in 'suspect' or positive riders to warn them. Yes, the ones who were supposed to deal out the sanctions were shielding key riders. Tyler Hamilton made a similar visit to Switzerland's UCI HQ.

So all the major US cyclist - save one - came forward yesterday and confessed to doping. These are not heroes, this was not courage. These guys were all subpoenaed by the feds. They knew they were on the record and they knew the USADA report was out yesterday. At least they had the ball(s) to come clean. Lance still won't

Yes, they all doped. Problem is that Lance also trafficked and coerced riders to use. If you didn't dope on US Postal, you were off the team (direct from the report). lance went out of his way to destroy anyone who even brought up doping allegations regarding his person. He stated he vehement disapproval of anyone who had anything to do with doping. Now all his best buds have fessed up and stated they saw him shoot up. What now Lance?

funny tidbit in the report from Dave Zabriski: The US Postal team had their own EPO song to the tune of Jimmi Hendrix's Purple Haze:

"EPO all in my veins,
Lately things just don't seem the same,
Actin' funny, but I don't know why,
'Scuse me while I pass this guy."

if you read the report and still believe Lance didn't dope you either don't want to know or really don't get it.

I hope the feds re-open their case and hang him by his ball.

Quote:
Unread
  (#8)
Suddenly Superstitious!!!

October 11, 2012, 09:04 PM

So we are chasing a guy who won a tournament over 5 years ago in a foreign country...on hearsay evidence that isn't admissible in court in the US.

And the US public is footing the bill.

During a time of serious economic turmoil.

Couldn't we spend those millions doing something constructive?

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....Chileeeeee's bay back...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MudDawg  
Unread
  (#9)
Typical Stripper

October 11, 2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudDawg View Post
So we are chasing a guy who won a tournament over 5 years ago in a foreign country...on hearsay evidence that isn't admissible in court in the US.

Yea, like bringing back AMA to VIR....

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
Eddie would go ...

October 11, 2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:

Hearsay does not equal circumstantial evidence.

This reports has tons of damning evidence, circumstantial as well as emails, financial records and more.

First hand accounts of eye witnesses are certainly admissible and have put plenty of murderers on the chair.

USADA is merely doing their job.

Quote:
Unread
  (#11)
Suddenly Superstitious!!!

October 11, 2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudist View Post
Yea, like bringing back AMA to VIR....
VIR screwed that up when they got greedy and then didn't do a fraction of the work the previous entertainment company did. Funny how the revenue & gate numbers went down practically overnight.

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....Chileeeeee's bay back...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MudDawg  
Unread
  (#12)
Eddie would go ...

October 11, 2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:

Ironically enough, you gave him the millions to fund his doping habit to start with.

US Postal team was federally funded.

Your tax dollars at work.

Quote:
Unread
  (#13)
GP Champ

October 11, 2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
I read the full report.

He actually did test positive on more than one occasion.

6 of his samples in 1999 ranged from 89%-100% (80% is the standard), thus positive for EPO

He was also positive in the Tour de Suisse in 2001. Bank records show a transfer from Lance to UCI fo $100,000 to make that go away. UCI had a history of calling in 'suspect' or positive riders to warn them. Yes, the ones who were supposed to deal out the sanctions were shielding key riders. Tyler Hamilton made a similar visit to Switzerland's UCI HQ.

So all the major US cyclist - save one - came forward yesterday and confessed to doping. These are not heroes, this was not courage. These guys were all subpoenaed by the feds. They knew they were on the record and they knew the USADA report was out yesterday. At least they had the ball(s) to come clean. Lance still won't

Yes, they all doped. Problem is that Lance also trafficked and coerced riders to use. If you didn't dope on US Postal, you were off the team (direct from the report). lance went out of his way to destroy anyone who even brought up doping allegations regarding his person. He stated he vehement disapproval of anyone who had anything to do with doping. Now all his best buds have fessed up and stated they saw him shoot up. What now Lance?

funny tidbit in the report from Dave Zabriski: The US Postal team had their own EPO song to the tune of Jimmi Hendrix's Purple Haze:

"EPO all in my veins,
Lately things just don't seem the same,
Actin' funny, but I don't know why,
'Scuse me while I pass this guy."

if you read the report and still believe Lance didn't dope you either don't want to know or really don't get it.

I hope the feds re-open their case and hang him by his ball.
Hmmm I remember saying alot of this months ago in another thread but the fanboi's got all ticked off. Glad to know there is someone else out there who can see and read the truth.
Lance=Biggest cheat in sports
Unread
  (#14)
Member of SRWJTS

October 11, 2012, 09:56 PM

we need a sport that endorsed steroids, body building has steroids but they don't go "USE MORE ROIDS" on tv. Alot of our icons use them anyway, schwarzenager used them...got into office and no one gave a shit.

Anyway, here's a whole documentary about steroids...it's by the same people who did supersize me.

some info about the film

The documentary examines the steroid use of the director Christopher Bell and his two brothers who all grew up idolizing Arnold Schwarzenegger, Hulk Hogan, and Sylvester Stallone, and also features professional athletes, medical experts, fitness center members, and US Congressman talking about the issue of anabolic steroids.[4]

Beyond the basic issue of anabolic steroid use, Bigger, Stronger, Faster* examines the lack of consistency in how America views drugs, cheating, and the lengths people go to achieve success.

This includes looking beyond the steroid issue to such topics as Tiger Woods laser eye correction to 20/15 vision, professional musicians use of anxiety reducing drugs, or athletes' dependence on cortisone shots, which are a legal steroid.

The film also takes a skeptical examination on claims to the health risks of steroids and is highly critical of the legal health supplement industry.

2001 Kawasaki ZX6R: Yoshi slip-on
1999 Trans AM WS6, Long tubes, full exhaust, extra sexy
2006 GTO 6spd, 1 of 390 Silver, SLP LM1 (Sold)
2001 R1; blue, Yoshi slip on (sold Jan 12, 2012)
(RIP) 2000 Camaro SS
1999 Trans Am Ws6 30k miles, 6spd (sold)
1999 Camaro coupe 6 cyl (traded in after a week to get the SS)
Unread
  (#15)
Groping is a skill...

October 11, 2012, 10:01 PM

^thats actually a pretty cool documentary. Watch it people.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to