DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 523
4 members and 519 guests
davidcycle, Diggy, legendindisguise, nootherids
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
LASIK
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

LASIK - July 2, 2013, 10:57 AM

Who are the current big dog providers for lasik? I'm seriously considering it for next year.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
On vacation

July 2, 2013, 11:06 AM

My girl had hers done a couple months ago by some guy in Charlotte Hall, MD who's supposedly done over 250,000 procedures or something. I want to say he did several pro athletes or musicians, I forget what she said. I can get his info if you want it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
My wife wants to get LASIK or a boob job

She asked my opinion

I told her I have no vested interest in making her eyesight better
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex View Post
Im not really fast enough to notice a difference between tires. I buy the kind thats black and made out of rubber.
Unread
  (#3)
Ni Hao Ma, Bitches!

July 2, 2013, 11:12 AM

yeah i'd be interested in seeing what he could do.

2006 Husqvarna 510sm
2006 Honda 919
1995 Ducati MOnster 900 - sold
2000 Suzuki GSXR 600 Track Bike - sold
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to lemond Send a message via AIM to lemond Send a message via MSN to lemond  
Unread
  (#4)
B
It goes to 11.

July 2, 2013, 11:30 AM

Got mine done for $2500 at a place in Tysons. Used my flexible spending so I actually saved myself a ton of money and uncle sam payed for $750 so it was really only $1750 out of pocket.

Entire procedure took 12 minutes for both eyes.

Washington DC LASIK Eye Surgery: Laser Eye Procedures for MD & DC

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#5)
On vacation

July 2, 2013, 11:43 AM

The guy's name is Mark Whitten from Whitten Laser Eye. He's one of three docs in the US who has done more than 120,000 procedures. (301) 678-9969.

Quote:

She asked my opinion

Quote:
Im not really fast enough to notice a difference between tires. I buy the kind thats black and made out of rubber.
LASIK
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

LASIK - July 2, 2013, 11:47 AM

Cool, I'll check with them. Thanks!

The flexible spending account thing is why I am checking this out now. I want to know the $$$s needed so I can put what I need in the account.
Unread
  (#7)
Have Bikes - Will Travel

July 2, 2013, 11:56 AM

I definitely regret getting Lasik. Wearing contact lenses was a minor annoyance compared to the dry eye and quadruple vision that Lasik caused. I got my Lasik done by Dr. Andrew Holzman at TLC Laser Eye Centers in Tyson's Corner.

Ill believe corporations are people when Texas executes one.
http://www.twowheelsgood.net
Unread
  (#8)
What are we doing here???

July 2, 2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileysDad View Post
My girl had hers done a couple months ago by some guy in Charlotte Hall, MD who's supposedly done over 250,000 procedures or something. I want to say he did several pro athletes or musicians, I forget what she said. I can get his info if you want it.
How was the procedure for her? Is she happy with the results?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
Got mine done for $2500 at a place in Tysons. Used my flexible spending so I actually saved myself a ton of money and uncle sam payed for $750 so it was really only $1750 out of pocket.

Entire procedure took 12 minutes for both eyes.

Washington DC LASIK Eye Surgery: Laser Eye Procedures for MD & DC
12 minutes? It takes me longer to get gas for my truck. How are you able to fight the urge to close your eyes when someone is working on them like that? My vision is ok but I always wanted to know....

Beauty and The Beast

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Unread
  (#9)
Railing!

July 2, 2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafale View Post
I definitely regret getting Lasik. Wearing contact lenses was a minor annoyance compared to the dry eye and quadruple vision that Lasik caused. I got my Lasik done by Dr. Andrew Holzman at TLC Laser Eye Centers in Tyson's Corner.
I'm just the opposite. I love lasik. I have 20-15 no dry eye except when my allergies are bad. The only real down side I've noticed is driving at night I get a bit of the halos and starbursts around lights. But its nothing that is diabilitating. Got my lasik through the army at walter reed.

2007 ZX-6R

Joshua
Unread
  (#10)
No more 1050 :(

July 2, 2013, 12:05 PM

I wanted to get Lasik for a while.. even put aside a HSA account to have the $ for it.. then started reading more.

I thought it was a permanent fix.. often, it's not.

It also permanently weakens the cornea.

Those two things combined with the double/ quadruple vision stories and the halos at night scared me off for now... but then again, I'm not really handcuffed to my glasses- I can mostly function without them.. so our stories are different.

I plan on looking again in a couple years to see what options are out there.
LASIK
Unread
  (#11)
GP Champ

LASIK - July 2, 2013, 12:15 PM

I know one of the guys at work (fda) who reviews lasers and other devices used on eyes. He wears glasses. I know he wouldn't have the procedure done himself (nor would he wear contacts). I know that it can go very bad. I feel like I'm going blind anyway so...

For me it's gotten to the point that I can't read without adding another +1 - +1.5 to my already fat lenses (+4) and things in the distance are always unclear. My eyes suck.
Unread
  (#12)
On vacation

July 2, 2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCFiddyOne View Post
She's super happy with the results. The same minor complaints that others expressed with halos at night but she's still glad she did it.

Quote:

She asked my opinion

Quote:
Unread
  (#13)
B
It goes to 11.

July 2, 2013, 02:03 PM

Lasik doesn't weaken the cornea, it does thin it, weaken can be a misleading term. Then again some people have thick or thin corneas already. They will measure your thickness.

I have no dry eye. I have no issues at all related to Lasik.

I went in, sat down, got this thing stuck on my eye, stared at a fuzzy green dot for a minute, some more shit happened, then that eye was done, and we moved to the next one. On the drive home it felt like someone poured tabasco in my eyes so I took a Tylenol PM and slept from 4PM-8PM, woke up, and watched TV like I was staring through clear glass. Surreal. Kept up with my drops, used plenty of moisturizing drops. I get some haze from blue lights at night, but other than that it's not too bad.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#14)
Site Owner

July 2, 2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCFiddyOne View Post

12 minutes? It takes me longer to get gas for my truck. How are you able to fight the urge to close your eyes when someone is working on them like that? My vision is ok but I always wanted to know....
You don't have a choice. They put those eye opener thingies on your face so you can't close your eyes.

Think:

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#15)
Site ADMIN

July 2, 2013, 02:08 PM

Rob has his done and i dont think he had any issues.

I keep wanting to get it done, but the negative stories is what keeps me from getting it.. im afraid that i will be the 1 in 1000 that would have a problem.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud