DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 533
3 members and 530 guests
CCS762ZX6, nootherids, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Last minutes with ODEN... (NSFW)
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

Last minutes with ODEN... (NSFW) - March 31, 2011, 03:14 PM

For those who understand the real role our dogs play in our lives.

Since I was little I always questioned the concept of "unconditional love". Does this really exist? Among family? Friends? Lovers? Children...? After all, even a mother is capable of hating her child and vice versa. It always appeared to me that "unconditional love" was just another term people use to make themselves feel more "human".

As "unconditionally" as you may love your family that love is still subject to conditions being favorable to support that love. I have found that the only being fully capable of giving you that TRUE and PURE unconditional love, is your dog. Your dog may fear you, your dog may test your patience, but their love for you will never be challenged. They will know and love the good in you from the first day you're with them to their last day in this earth. Nothing will ever convince them that you hate them and nothing will ever stop them from loving you. When my dog does something wrong she runs to her crate in fear that she's in trouble. This is the same dog that when I go out of town sometimes she can't eat for a day or two cause she worries if I'll never come back. My dog is the source for my belief that unconditional love is possible.

This is ODEN's story. His last minutes filled those around him with the memories of the blessings and the love that he brought to all those he met. Watch the video. But be warned that it is powerful and it will make you want to curl up with your best friend, your never ending fountain of unconditional love. Love your dog as deeply as he/she has always loved you.

P.S. Not Safe For Work unless you have a closed office.

Last edited by nootherids; March 31, 2011 at 03:49 PM.. Reason: NSFW added
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
someone adopt a newb

March 31, 2011, 03:25 PM

Fuuucccckkkk. Man, that was hard to watch. I hated when we put ours down. Hardest thing I have ever had to do.

Originally Posted by vonstallin
That shit is like wearing a condom your whole life while living in DC, but going to brazil and going bare back with all the chicks because they look better.

derilict:
So next time you feel the need to prove to the world that you should have been euthanized as a child, do it in someone else's thread.

"No such thing as to pretty to ride. The prettier they are the harder you should ride them. This is also true when it comes to woman." Nubbs

Thank you,

Management

2006 SV650: RIP
1982 Yamaha XJ650: Went old school, but moving on
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to flynmnky  
Unread
  (#3)
Give me the Ban Button!

March 31, 2011, 03:26 PM

This thread should have a NSFW tag to it. You do not want to watch this if you have ever had a dog that was your best friend while at work. You should wait till you are at home.

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#4)
AMA Superbike Champ

March 31, 2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbs View Post
This thread should have a NSFW tag to it. You do not want to watch this if you have ever had a dog that was your best friend while at work. You should wait till you are at home.

just did! f it! with office door wide open....
Unread
  (#5)
someone adopt a newb

March 31, 2011, 03:36 PM

Wanna see a grown man cry...take his dog. Sucks.

Originally Posted by vonstallin
That shit is like wearing a condom your whole life while living in DC, but going to brazil and going bare back with all the chicks because they look better.

derilict:
So next time you feel the need to prove to the world that you should have been euthanized as a child, do it in someone else's thread.

"No such thing as to pretty to ride. The prettier they are the harder you should ride them. This is also true when it comes to woman." Nubbs

Thank you,

Management

2006 SV650: RIP
1982 Yamaha XJ650: Went old school, but moving on
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to flynmnky  
Unread
  (#6)
#swag

March 31, 2011, 03:43 PM

My roommate sent me this a while ago while I was at work. Definitely hard to watch without shedding a tear....good thing most of my co-workers were gone.

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Nick  
Unread
  (#7)
GP Champ

March 31, 2011, 03:53 PM

The production quality of this is top notch and really shows the human emotion that is felt during such a hard time. I just lived that moment with him thanks to this video. Everybody that has had their dog to see them through the rough times knows how unique and special they are.
Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

March 31, 2011, 03:55 PM

Brought backs memories of my most recent pets being put down in April 17th 2007 and then in Aug 23 2008. Going through some hard times again right now with one of my dogs. Been fighting his illness for a about a year. It's not his time yet though. His eyes will tell when that time is. My dog in 07 looked mostly healthy but had a illness he could not recover from. That was the hardest to go in with him and put him down.

I will do the best I can to give them a good life. I will not let my animals suffer, I will be there for them until the end, I will see them again when my time comes.
Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

March 31, 2011, 04:12 PM

Also maybe some people who don't get it should go view videos of soldiers returning from over seas and surprising their kids and family.
Then go view videos of the same but with their dogs. Gee. That's odd. The same exact reactions from both the surprised animals and surprised humans.
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

March 31, 2011, 06:39 PM

Whenever I come back into town after being out for like 2 weeks my dog has a fit of excitement with crying and squealing all over the place and running back and forth jumping like she could reach the clouds. My girl tells me to stop her from doing that cause it's so loud. But that is the most excited welcome I have ever gotten from ANYBODY, EVER! There's no comparisson. No way I'm stopping her.
Unread
  (#11)
50th anni

March 31, 2011, 06:42 PM

i wanna watch the video... but then again i dont. i know its gonna suck

...And Boom Goes the Dynamite!

cbr f3= sold
636= gone
r6= sold
cbr 1k= sold
vino 125= stolen
zuma= yutt uggh
Unread
  (#12)
GP Champ

March 31, 2011, 06:51 PM

It's actually a beautiful video. But yeah, if you're protecting your man ego you might not wanna watch. At least not in public
Unread
  (#13)
Officially Addicted to Posting

March 31, 2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F3_Chimp View Post
i wanna watch the video... but then again i dont. i know its gonna suck
From what I can gather...its a video of a guy putting his dog down. I KNOW I dont wanna watch.

I'm not a leg humper... but I'm super attracted to how fucking stupid she is! - wildjester

Castle: rob, potbelly, stat. i brought the bike, wanna ride 2 up??
ClemsonJeeper: omg i'm in now!
Castle: fvck, did i just put that in the sb?
Unread
  (#14)
Licensed Rider

March 31, 2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nootherids View Post
Whenever I come back into town after being out for like 2 weeks my dog has a fit of excitement with crying and squealing all over the place and running back and forth jumping like she could reach the clouds. My girl tells me to stop her from doing that cause it's so loud. But that is the most excited welcome I have ever gotten from ANYBODY, EVER! There's no comparisson. No way I'm stopping her.
No better feeling than your dog greeting you at the door when you haven't been home for awhile.
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#15)
Officially Addicted to Posting

March 31, 2011, 08:50 PM

Kinda off topic, but Sharon and I were just talking the other day about animal cruelty and other disgusting shit people do. I am a firm believer in the notion that domesticated animals (especially dogs) are members of their owner's family. They show unconditional love, feel emotion very strongly, and express it just as well. With that said, should someone harm your pet, I feel they should be punished severly.

For example, someone kicks my dog...I want them treated just as if they kicked my son (if I had one). People (Like HFam's dumbass) think they are "just animals" and are lesser than humans, but this is simply not true for their owners. If you dont like dogs, that is fine. Dont buy one. But for someone who genuinely and truly loves their animals...they hurt and feel joy just as if they were another person.

My buddy lived in Manassas a long time ago. He had a drunk asshole for a neighbor (a guy he always had problems with). One day my buddy's dog walked across the street and was drinking water from a puddle that had collected at the end of asshole's driveway. This son of a bitch steps onto his porch, raises a rifle, and shoots my buddy's dog dead. My buddy had this dog from the time it was a pup to the day it was MURDERED 10 years later. I still to this day wish that guy could have spent the majority of the rest of his adult life in prison.

I'm not a leg humper... but I'm super attracted to how fucking stupid she is! - wildjester

Castle: rob, potbelly, stat. i brought the bike, wanna ride 2 up??
ClemsonJeeper: omg i'm in now!
Castle: fvck, did i just put that in the sb?