DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 502
2 members and 500 guests
2blueyam, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Legal help needed...
Unread
  (#1)
Posting Nothing Relevant

Legal help needed... - April 1, 2008, 08:38 PM

ok, so i whipped up a t-shirt to sell to a small select crowd, but it has a picture of a person on it that some know, this person will most likely see the shirt. is it legal to put his picture on it if it is distorted.

here is the back story...

At the aggressive inline industry trade show in Ohio a few weeks ago some kid stole a ton of stuff from one of the largest distributors, he has since been caught. his picture was put up here http://www.bittercoldshowdown.com/2008/ (its the newest update) stating he is the one who did it. he has since been bragging about it around the aggressive forums and is completely despised in the industry.

here is the shirt...

anyone think this is legal? the picture is wide spread on the internet and can be grabbed from a number of locations, and he has admitted what he did, so there is no slanderous statement here. anyone?

The East Coast Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
This is America I can shit where I want. FREEDOM!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to eck226 Send a message via AIM to eck226  
Unread
  (#2)
I LIKE TO HAVE FUN

April 2, 2008, 12:18 AM

I have no advice for you... But I checked the link and looked at his picture and he does look like a little scumbag prick to me...

Michael Nikolau Pittas 1981-2007

Last edited by Johnny2Times; April 2, 2008 at 12:56 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Track Ho

April 2, 2008, 12:35 AM

I have no idea what the fuck you just said

"I am officially retired so please don't ban me"
Unread
  (#4)
Officially Addicted to Posting

April 2, 2008, 12:35 AM

HAHAHHAHA! I did a google search on his name - found some youtube videos and a thread on some forum talking about it. Some dude called him a "window licker". Something like, "He looks like a f*cking window licker too." I dont know why, but that sounds funny to me. Is that some type of insult in the skating community (like squid is to sportbikes)?
Unread
  (#5)
Eddie would go ...

April 2, 2008, 01:48 AM

Make the shirt...BUT spell sponsorship right...
Unread
  (#6)
Officially Addicted to Posting

April 2, 2008, 02:48 AM

you cant make a profit off of someone elses image. they are legally entitled to some kind of compensation.

"I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." -MG James Mattis, Iraq 2003

Ruining .net one post at a time
Unread
  (#7)
Owner & Creator

April 2, 2008, 07:09 AM

upload the pic to .net can't see it.
Unread
  (#8)
Site Owner

April 2, 2008, 07:18 AM

short bus windowlicker. not an inline term. just general.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#9)
Retired

April 2, 2008, 07:52 AM

I would imagine that your shirt would be OK due to the fact that the picture is only a "likeness". However, I would not use his proper name.

Find out if he has some sort of ghetto-fabulous nick name and use that.

2007 Ducati S4Rs
Recognized by .net as the #1 choice for poor gays worldwide.
Unread
  (#10)
Posting Nothing Relevant

April 2, 2008, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch
Make the shirt...BUT spell sponsorship right...
woops... i am teh suk

The East Coast Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
This is America I can shit where I want. FREEDOM!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to eck226 Send a message via AIM to eck226  
Unread
  (#11)
Site ADMIN

April 2, 2008, 08:13 AM

public figure, yes it is ok to put on a t-shirt...private citizen...not so much..

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#12)
TEAM.SUKUZI

April 2, 2008, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris2
you cant make a profit off of someone elses image. they are legally entitled to some kind of compensation.
not true...they have to copyright their image first.

sex addict