DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 555
2 members and 553 guests
beatle, CrazyMotorcycleGuy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
legal weed in DC
Unread
  (#1)
SPANNERWRENCHCLICKCLICK

legal weed in DC - December 6, 2011, 05:30 PM

When it comes to medical marijuana, the D.C. government is handing out two different kinds of licenses. The News4 Iteam has already shown the proposed sites to grow medical marijuana, which are called cultivation centers, and now we have the list of dispensary applications -- where people will go to buy medical marijuana.

If you want medical marijuana in Washington, D.C., you will need to get a prescription from a doctor and buy it from a licensed dispensary. The News4 Iteam mapped out where 17 different dispensaries want to locate -- neighborhoods like the Palisades, Takoma Park, Eastern Market, Ivy City and Anacostia.

"It's a facility to provide medication to patients,” said applicant and former talk show host Montel Williams. “This isn't some place for people to run out and get high."

Williams wants to set up a dispensary on Columbia Road in Adam's Morgan. He's also applied for two cultivation center licenses in a building on Queens Chapel Road in Northeast, which he said will create jobs and improve the neighborhood.

"We're looking at a facility that No. 1 right now is a blighted building,” Williams said. “It's a building that was burned out. This building is now the perfect building to put together what we're proposing, and that's a greenhouse that could be an urban farm."

"Rehab the buildings for themselves, yeah,” Jackie Manning said. “Bring jobs, no, because they're not required to hire in the city."

Manning is an ANC commissioner for 5B, where 24 cultivation centers and three different dispensaries have applied to set up shop -- by far the highest concentration in any one neighborhood. Her neighbors all agree they're worried about crime and don't want any of the facilities in their community.

"They don't want it,” Manning said. “Bottom line: They don't want it. Why is it that we're always considered the dumping ground?"

We have put together this map of all the dispensary locations so you can read the applications yourself. You can also see where they're located in comparison to the cultivation centers.

The Health Department is in charge of determining who will actually get a license and had announced it would start deciding who would get the 10 cultivation licenses and five dispensary licenses in the next month.

But we've been told by several sources that they've missed some of their internal deadlines, which may force the agency to push back their final decision.

[SIGPIC]http://www.griseldaonline.it/foto/6galleria/tradimenti/warhol%20last%20supper%201986.jpg[/SIGPIC]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

December 7, 2011, 07:31 AM

One big location will be at the Warehouse Loft at 411 New York Ave, NE...just happens to also be a nightclub above it.

For anyone that's going to try and find a doctor to get this, you'll have to already have a history with the doctor, so better get on that now...you should be fine by the time DC gets this actually up and running. The bill was passed two years ago
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Site Owner

December 7, 2011, 08:03 AM

At least the FBI won't have to drive very far when they raid these places.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

December 7, 2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
At least the FBI won't have to drive very far when they raid these places.
Sad but true. While it will be legal, it will still be illegal Federally and of course Obama has already gone back on his word about not going after people in those states that allow medical weed.

So every one of these people who sign up for being growers and shop owners will not be protected by DC when the shit hits the fan
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

December 7, 2011, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellraiserinDC View Post
Sad but true. While it will be legal, it will still be illegal Federally and of course Obama has already gone back on his word about not going after people in those states that allow medical weed.

So every one of these people who sign up for being growers and shop owners will not be protected by DC when the shit hits the fan
Meanwhile, the outrage from leftists when an executive goes back on their word is strangely silent when the Great Black Hope does it... repeatedly... practically FLAUNTS going back on his promises.

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
Unread
  (#6)
Nubbs ban yourself!

December 7, 2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefitzvh View Post
Meanwhile, the outrage from leftists when an executive goes back on their word is strangely silent when the Great Black Hope does it... repeatedly... practically FLAUNTS going back on his promises.
I will stand up now and say:
A I voted for Obama mostly because a certain crazy Alaskan scared me to death.
B I think OBAMA SUCKS ASS BIG TIME and is a bigger disappointment to me then Bush.

At least with Bush I knew what I was in for. He was a good ole boy who wasn't going to take shit from anyone and the world knew it. I can at least respect that even though I may not have agreed with him he did what he said "mostly"

To punish and enslave!
2003 GSXR1K
2008 HD Night Train
religion is just a misspelling of superstition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Once again I forgive you for your self-righteousness, bigotry and prejudice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
I'll also thank them for proving that you don't need the force to get a woman to make you a sammich.
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
-Benjamin Franklin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYpOF...embedded#at=36
http://www.bachbio.com/gunsavelives.htm
Unread
  (#7)
SPANNERWRENCHCLICKCLICK

December 7, 2011, 10:26 AM

I believe since Montell Williams is opening his,I have a slight feeling he wont be touched as much as other folks will, just based on him being a veteran and well his fame as well and he has the $$$ to fund the operation, As for doctors they will work off a referall from other doctors as well.

[SIGPIC]http://www.griseldaonline.it/foto/6galleria/tradimenti/warhol%20last%20supper%201986.jpg[/SIGPIC]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.

Unread
  (#8)
Your Ad Here

December 6, 2012, 04:46 PM

Update:
All Cultivation licenses have been approved. They are all located in NE DC. Go figure.

All Dispensaries licenses have been approved. With the exception of one in SE, they are all located in NW DC. Go figure.

<insert racial, DC 16th st dividing line, socio-economic bias commentary here>

The buildings and retail locations have been identified, but permits are in the approval process. The first mature crops should be available for resale sometime in April/May time frame.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
Sewing Machine Rider

December 6, 2012, 07:13 PM

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with WA and CO now. Saw weed was officially "legal" in WA today for recreational use. Now we're just waiting for the court battle.

The state-first strategy is actually really bright on the part of the weed\gay marriage folks. It pits the right against itself in that they have to argue against their golden cow of states' rights to defend their "moral" ground. Hopefully we'll end up with a more coherent body of law than after the repeal of alcohol prohibition though, instead of having a bunch of random, bible-thumpin dry counties in the middle of nowhere.
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

December 6, 2012, 08:01 PM

Lol at rehab add at the bottom of this thread.

.................................................. ..................
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
Since MJ was 99% plastic, they're going to melt him down to make some lego blocks so kids can play with him for a
change.
.................................................. .......................