DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 477
7 members and 470 guests
BigDaddyShoo, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, davidcycle, GRN96WS6, RacerX2050, Sal_the_man, Scot
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
LEO shot in Wv
Unread
  (#1)
Face Down @$$ UP

Angry LEO shot in Wv - February 19, 2007, 04:07 PM

A Jefferson County Sheriff’s deputy was shot twice in the torso when he responded to a burglary call on Orchard Drive in Ranson, W.Va., Monday morning, according to Jefferson County Sheriff Ed Boober. Boober refused to name the officer, but a Washington Hospital Center spokeswoman said Cpl. Ronald Fletcher was in critical condition Monday afternoon. Boober said the officer, who was the first to respond to the burglary call, chased a man inside a home on Orchard Drive and was shot twice. Other police officers talked the man into letting them in the house to pull the wounded Fletcher from the home, Boober said. The man inside the home released two children and has Fletcher’s police radio, Boober said. The man has talked with officers on the police radio and on a cell phone. Fletcher first was taken to Jefferson Memorial Hospital in Ranson, W.Va. When he arrived at 10:48 a.m., he was in critical condition, and was stabilized before being flown out at 11:38 a.m., said Teresa McCabe, a Jefferson Memorial Hospital spokeswoman.

Currently this suspect is still barricaded inside this residence. He has told officers' a number of times, "If you come in, someone is dying..." Other local agencies including myself are headed to the scene to assist further.
Local SRT teams around here are something to be desired.

"If brains were gas. You wouldnt have enough gas, to drive a piss-ants' motorcycle, half-way around a BB."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to WvGoDFather Send a message via MSN to WvGoDFather  
Unread
  (#2)
Eddie would go ...

February 19, 2007, 04:11 PM

Hope the LEO makes it....true call of duty act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

February 19, 2007, 05:17 PM

have they said whether the officer was wearing his vest?

I hope he pulls through and goodluck to the other officers responding to the situation
Unread
  (#4)
Licensed Rider

February 19, 2007, 05:30 PM

This LEO is a friend of mine. I've been trying to find out his status, if anyone hears anything please post. Fletch is truely one of the good ones. He is a strong person and I know he will pull through. Please leave a word of encouragement here--->http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=69905935

Last edited by FireBlade; February 19, 2007 at 05:33 PM..
Unread
  (#5)
Playing with toys

February 19, 2007, 05:44 PM

Best wishes to Officer Fletcher.
Good luck at the scene & be safe.

PSN - nate1213

RIP Storm May 29, 2009
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to N8RIDER  
Unread
  (#6)
Watch out kid! I'm in 1st

February 19, 2007, 06:08 PM

Best wishes to Officer Fletcher for a speedy recovery. Hope the robbery and now atempted murder suspect is taken without anyone else being hurt.

06 Kawi 650R Black
Unread
  (#7)
I'm so tired

February 19, 2007, 07:15 PM

Speedy recovery to the officer. +1 on no one else getting hurt.

Please post up when everything clears and let us know how he is doing.

Myke
- 2015 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle
- 2009 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S
- 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
- 1999 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
- 2001 Suzuki DR650 (Sold)

R.I.P. my friends;
Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg
Greg "BamBam" Walker
Jeff Vega
Totnac
Unread
  (#8)
Lurking

February 19, 2007, 09:27 PM

Just heard, best wishes to the wounded officer. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Some people are only alive because it is illegal to shoot them.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CrazyDaDa  
Unread
  (#9)
PewPew

February 19, 2007, 10:02 PM

Best wishes to Officer Fletcher, family, and friends. Here's to a speedy recovery for a officer and firefighter.

Events like this make me glad I left LE, so sad and uncalled for.

R.I.P. Eric "TheIrishGuy"

"Will you carry me down the aisle that final day
With your tears and cold hands shaking from the weight
When you lower me down beneath that sky of gray
Let the rain fall down and wash away your pain"

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to NoVaGhost  
Update
Unread
  (#10)
Licensed Rider

Update - February 20, 2007, 05:29 AM

As of 10:00 last night Fletch was upgraded to critical but stable and had just gotten out of ICU. He received two wounds to the torso and one to the arm. One in the torso had exited but the other had lodged about an inch from his spine. He is going to be operated on to have the bullet removed. He is expected to make a successful recovery.

Last edited by FireBlade; February 21, 2007 at 06:44 PM..
Unread
  (#11)
Face Down @$$ UP

February 20, 2007, 06:36 AM

RANSON, WV - The alleged gunman who shot a Jefferson County sheriff's deputy has died, Jefferson County Sheriff Ed Boober tells NBC25. The deputy is expected to survive.

Sherifff's deputies say he died enroute to the hospital. They are not saying how he died, but said shortly before they raided the home around 5:30 p.m. they heard three gunshots go off inside. They then found the man conscious inside a bedroom closet and took him into custody.

Meanwhile, Cpl. Ronald Fletcher, 26, was airlifted to a Washington-area hospital in critical condition after being shot three times in the torso, Boober said. The shots pierced both of his lungs, but he is expected to survive.

Fletcher was responding to a report of a burglary at 74 Orchard Drive in Ranson Monday morning. The 36-year-old unidentified gunman used a two-way radio to contact police. He allowed two officers to remove Fletcher. He also allowed children inside the home to leave.

The gunman then holed himself up in the house with two dogs and officers surrounded the home and evacuated neighbors. They kept in touch with the man using a cell phone, trying to negotiate with him peacefully. The man's pastor was also called in to try to calm him down.

Officers from across the Four-State region came to assist, and Sgt. Boober says that during heartwrenching times like this, everyone is there for each other.

"Of course I'm very proud of what they do. This is something every day we put on the badeg and gun and we expect that this could happen to us whether we're going to make it home tonight and be with our loved ones," said Boober

Good cop, good friend...They say he is expected to make a full recovery, I cant really say that much about the suspect.

"If brains were gas. You wouldnt have enough gas, to drive a piss-ants' motorcycle, half-way around a BB."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to WvGoDFather Send a message via MSN to WvGoDFather  
Unread
  (#12)
singin sweet home alabama

February 20, 2007, 11:34 AM

Arg... why don't all departments make it mandatory to wear vests? What more has to happen to prove how much of a life saver they are? Haven't there been a number of campaigns over the years encouraging officers to always where a vest??

With a vest on this guy would have had two nasty bruises and a hole in the arm... an entirely different story.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#13)
itsOnlyWrongIfuGetCaught

February 20, 2007, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlsAdvc8
Arg... why don't all departments make it mandatory to wear vests? What more has to happen to prove how much of a life saver they are? Haven't there been a number of campaigns over the years encouraging officers to always where a vest??

With a vest on this guy would have had two nasty bruises and a hole in the arm... an entirely different story.
Hope everything turns out all right. What'n idiot that guy. Possibly breaking and entering to attempted murder to suicide.

Vest should be madatory. They aren't that expensive anymore and they are light as hell. If I wasn't issued one I'd still wear my own.

"I'm ready for a commitment Harry. First time I set eyes on Mary Swanson I just got that old-fashioned romantic feeling, where I'd do anything to bone her."
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#14)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

February 20, 2007, 12:16 PM

Speedy recovery to the officer

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#15)
Face Down @$$ UP

February 20, 2007, 01:04 PM

Better than any vest out on the market..
http://www.military.com/soldiertech/...soldiertech.nl