DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 512
1 members and 511 guests
beatle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Life imitates Art : "The Wire" Actress BUSTED!
Unread
  (#1)
LiterBike Desperado

Life imitates Art : "The Wire" Actress BUSTED! - March 10, 2011, 10:26 AM

WTOP.com - 'Wire' actress among 30 arrested in Md. drug raids

CCS/ASRA #134
www.facebook.com/FullerMoto
2013 FINAL ASRA/AMA/CCS Mid-Atlantic Standings
-------------------------------------------------------------
#1 ASRA SportBike AM
#3 AMA 600cc SuperBike Grand National Championship
#2 AMA 1000cc SuperBike Grand National Championship
#1 CSS Southeast Unlimited GP AM

2012 CCS Atlantic & Mid-Atlantic SuperTwins AM Champion
FullerMoto * Woodcraft * Armour Bodies * DC-MOTO/AMSOIL * MotoWheels * Gotham Cycles * XT Racing * Figure Finishing LLC * Full Spectrum Power * HelmetCameraOutlet.com

My bikes:
'09 Ducati Monster 1100S (Longhorn Edition) [street]
'09 Ducati 848 [CCS/ASRA #134]
'08 Ducati 848 [CCS/ASRA #134]
'05 SV 650 SS-build [CCS/ASRA #134]

'08 Ducati 848 [Parting Out]
'05 Yamaha R1 [Sold]
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
www.udothedishes.com

March 10, 2011, 10:35 AM

I think it was great that she pretty much played herself in the series. Now, why is she still involved with drugs after making all that dough is the real question.

Next - ?
05 Yamaha R6 - Street (SOLD)
Unread
  (#3)
././././././././

March 10, 2011, 10:40 AM

Lol I knew who it was before even looking at the article.
I wouldn't be surprised if half of the wire cast have been busted in real life.
Unread
  (#4)
LiterBike Desperado

March 10, 2011, 10:52 AM

funny thing is she was on Larry King a few months back talking about kids staying out of trouble. all the while...

CCS/ASRA #134
www.facebook.com/FullerMoto
2013 FINAL ASRA/AMA/CCS Mid-Atlantic Standings
-------------------------------------------------------------
#1 ASRA SportBike AM
#3 AMA 600cc SuperBike Grand National Championship
#2 AMA 1000cc SuperBike Grand National Championship
#1 CSS Southeast Unlimited GP AM

2012 CCS Atlantic & Mid-Atlantic SuperTwins AM Champion
FullerMoto * Woodcraft * Armour Bodies * DC-MOTO/AMSOIL * MotoWheels * Gotham Cycles * XT Racing * Figure Finishing LLC * Full Spectrum Power * HelmetCameraOutlet.com

My bikes:
'09 Ducati Monster 1100S (Longhorn Edition) [street]
'09 Ducati 848 [CCS/ASRA #134]
'08 Ducati 848 [CCS/ASRA #134]
'05 SV 650 SS-build [CCS/ASRA #134]

'08 Ducati 848 [Parting Out]
'05 Yamaha R1 [Sold]
Unread
  (#5)
T.R.I.T.D.H

March 10, 2011, 11:34 AM

Never met Snoop. Would like too.

BUT I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt. I mean she is FROM BALTIMORE and played a prominet role in a series about BALTIMORE...."all that dough"...Does anyone REALLY know HOW much she made? I'm sure not enough for retirement. YES she probably set herself up to MAKE A LOT MORE money with her connections/career.

BUT

SHE GREW UP IN BALTIMORE. SHE WAS LIVING THIS LIFE PRIOR TO THE WIRE. It's VERY likely she had friends still connected in the game. I'm not going to get all conspirarcy theory and say she was setup, BUT she could have just been wrong place wrong time IF she was really trying to move her life in a different direction...I don't know that for sure b/c I never met her. She very well could have just still be hustling/playing the "game" and got caught. It's possible she never stopped.

As another poster said this isn't surprising, it's sad. but I'm not going to judge her about it if she was speaking about kids staying out of trouble or not. She possibly was speaking from the point of DON'T DO WHAT I DO....more or less not being a Role Model but providing an example of what not to do or be.

(why am I so worked up about this???? oh I know now...b/c I CAN"T FUCKING FIGURE OUT THIS REMOTE START AND ALL THESE EXTRA PARTS ...and I'm SPAZZING RIGHT NOW)

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#6)
Your Ad Here

March 10, 2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnivOfPittBull View Post
I think it was great that she pretty much played herself in the series. Now, why is she still involved with drugs after making all that dough is the real question.
I remember reading in an interview she gave that she made a little over $300,000 in total for her work on The Wire but she pretty much knew that her career was over after The Wire.
It isn't like Hollywood is clamoring for 5'4", Gangsta girls. Michelle Rodriguez pretty much has that typecast tough lesbian category lick locked up.

Bought a condo for her and her girlfriend in Bmore. Went on a few casting calls. That money dries up fast especially when you have no other legitimate income sources and have a felony in your jacket so you can't get a regular gig, so she turned back to the only angle she knew - hustling.

I don't feel sorry for her - but I can't blame her given her circumstances.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
T.R.I.T.D.H

March 10, 2011, 11:39 AM

+1

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#8)
-----> Winning <------

March 10, 2011, 12:11 PM

I dont wanna judge her but if I had a murder on my rap sheet and had received an opportunity that changed my circumstances, I would make the most of it, not revert back.

She's a criminal minded person for life. She chooses to be like that.

Funny thing about opportunity is that the people that would actually make something out of an opportunity, never get the opportunity presented. Cest la vie.

Living the life of a rockstar vatican assassin.
Unread
  (#9)
TPG og

March 10, 2011, 01:35 PM

Snoop was framed.

White Mike probably snitched her out.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#10)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

March 10, 2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
I remember reading in an interview she gave that she made a little over $300,000 in total for her work on The Wire but she pretty much knew that her career was over after The Wire.
It isn't like Hollywood is clamoring for 5'4", Gangsta girls. Michelle Rodriguez pretty much has that typecast tough lesbian category lick locked up.

Bought a condo for her and her girlfriend in Bmore. Went on a few casting calls. That money dries up fast especially when you have no other legitimate income sources and have a felony in your jacket so you can't get a regular gig, so she turned back to the only angle she knew - hustling.

I don't feel sorry for her - but I can't blame her given her circumstances.

I was watching Oprah (HEY SHUT UP !!!) and she was talking about all her new things coming out. She had a book deal telling the story of her life and some other small shit.

I hate to say it, but she was perfect for the roll in the wire because she played herself, but I think after that was a wrap, she should have changed her image....reinvent yourself. show up at the awards and everyone go WOW she dont look anything like she did in the wire. but most times people will only imagine her as the tough guy looking chick.

I mean she should have easily got a part on some other typical black TV show. It seems like they have 2 per season that almost stereotyped and ends 1 to 2 years later. That would have opend the door. If some would have thought her thuggishness was an act I feel most would have tried to hire her for other rolls and used her fame to get publicity.

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#11)
Your Ad Here

March 10, 2011, 01:57 PM

Interesting article I came across.
About a year dated...

Lance Reddick (Cedric Daniels)
Reddick has continued to make a career of playing strong, imposing cops. Having left the gritty streets of Baltimore, he now patrols parallel dimensions as a Homeland Security agent on J.J. Abrams's sci-fi fantasia Fringe. The role is a prominent one, but the show isn't; if Fringe's ratings don't improve in its new Friday night "death slot," the show may not be renewed for a fourth season.

Michael K. Williams (Omar Little)
Williams' criminal status has grown more impressive with time: Having played a feared stick-up man on The Wire, Williams now runs Atlantic City's black community as its "de facto mayor," Chalky White, on HBO's prohibition-era epic Boardwalk Empire. The series was just honored as best TV drama at the Golden Globes, so Williams seems well-placed for more prestige gigs in the future.

Idris Elba (Russell "Stringer" Bell)
Probably the most successful of The Wire's alumni, Elba has kept busy with a number of film and television gigs over the past three years. He had recurring roles on both The Office and The Big C, and played the title role in the BBC America mini-series Luther, for which he received a 2010 Golden Globe nod and critical praise. Stuart Heritage of The Guardian called it Elba's "best work since The Wire, perhaps (whisper it) even his best work so far including The Wire." Of course, that doesn't mean he's forgiven for Prom Night.

Isiah Whitlock, Jr. (State Sen. R. Clayton "Clay" Davis)
Whitlock has enjoyed the most diverse—if not the most high-profile—swath of castings since leaving The Wire. In addition to appearing in a number of major commercial campaigns (Verizon, Southwest, Universal Studios), he played an ex-CIA agent in the critically applauded but ultimately canceled Rubicon, on AMC. His film credits include the Joel Schumacher thriller Twelve and the forthcoming comedy Cedar Rapids.

Chad L. Coleman (Dennis "Cutty" Wise)
Times are tough for Coleman: After playing bit parts in shows including Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and The Good Wife, Coleman can currently be seen on the big screen as the criminal sidekick Chili in The Green Hornet, a film noted for its "crushing mediocrity."

Gbenga Akinnagbe (Chris Partlow)
Akinnagbe has been working steadily, but hasn't made much of an impression since The Wire. After a modest smattering of bit parts, a four-episode run on The Good Wife as a pastor and a notable role as a hostage in The Taking of Pelham 123, Akinnagbe is due to appear next in the psychological thriller The Somnambulist and the sci-fi film Red and Blue Marbles, both of which have been in post-production for an ominously long time.

Jamie Hector (Marlo Stanfield)
Hector's career seemed to be on the upswing after The Wire with a regular role as a super-strong, fear-eating criminal on the popular NBC show Heroes, but following that show's wrap in 2008, the actor hasn't seen much action. One notable exception is his portrayal of "DoRight" Miller in Night Catches Us, a sober look at the Black Power movement in 1970s Philadelphia that's getting great reviews, if not much attention from audiences.

Tristan Wilds (Michael Lee)
Wilds, who played a middle-school student on The Wire, now stars as heartthrob Dixon Wilson in the re-imagined 90210, a show that has received fairly good reviews for a teen soap opera. Wilds was nominated for Teen Choice Awards in both 2009 and 2010; if his young fan base stays loyal, he may have a shot at a healthy adult career. His film credits include the mildly successful The Secret Life of Bees and a long-awaited Anthony Hemingway/George Lucas collaboration concerning the Tuskegee Airmen, Red Tails.

Michael B. Jordan (Wallace)
Following an early departure from The Wire in 2002, Jordan has made a successful career in television, including stints on All My Children, The Assistants and Parenthood. He currently plays Vince Howard in the much-beloved Friday Night Lights, and he will appear alongside Wire castmate Tristan Wilds in the Red Tails project.

Sonja Sohn (Det. Shakima "Kima" Greggs)
Though she briefly left police work to play a woman trying to give her baby up for adoption on Brothers and Sisters, Sohn will return to her Wire roots in the forthcoming ABC medical drama, Body of Proof, in which she'll play a detective.

Andre Royo (Reginald "Bubbles" Cousins)
Over the past few years, Royo has appeared in a number of small TV roles, such as his recent appearance as a hijacked cab driver on Fringe. However, Royo's future seems to be in film: He'll be joining fellow Wire castmates Wilds and Jordan in the forthcoming Red Tails project and will be starring in the post-apocalyptic piece Remnants.

Wendell Pierce (Det. William "Bunk" Moreland)
Pierce's notable jobs since The Wire include a stint on the CBS's show about crime-solving math whizzes, Numb3ers, as well as his starring role as the trombonist Antoine Batiste on Treme, David Simon's exploration of working-class life in post-Katrina New Orleans. The show has been a critical darling and enough of a commercial success for HBO to renew it for a second season.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#12)
T.R.I.T.D.H

March 10, 2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
She's a criminal minded person for life. She chooses to be like that

...just sayin'

Unread
  (#13)
T.R.I.T.D.H

March 10, 2011, 01:59 PM

Clay Davis was also in GoodFellas....(one of two blacks cast lol....the other being Samuel L. Jackson...and he was whacked.)

WOW. I was blown away when that clicked.

Unread
  (#14)
Ton Up!

March 10, 2011, 02:00 PM

I'll hit it.

~Justin

FREE FITZ!!!!

1999 Suzuki SV650
1982 Kawasaki GPz550 : RIP 4/16/09
1971 Honda CB450 : SOLD!