DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 306
1 members and 305 guests
Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
a little help!
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

a little help! - May 12, 2008, 07:50 PM

Ok so I have severe sleep apnea and I use a machine called a Continuous Positive Airway Pressure. (CPAP) anyways 8 months ago i went for a sleep study and they found i was not breathing at all in my sleep (i would quit for 45 seconds and then breathe again for 30 seconds) this would not let me out of REM sleep because everytime i quit breathing i would return to rem.

anyways my point, when i first got the machine it was explained to me that i would only have to pay for the initial use, 113.19 and i would recieve no other bills. i made absolutely sure of this because i asked the representative 3 times, "so when the machine is purchased i will owe nothing?" all she said was that is correct. I wanted to make absolutely sure i was not going to owe anything when the machine was purchased because at that point in time my deductable was met.

i recieved a bill the other day that says i owe 749.10. i called to ask them about the charges and they said they would investigate. anyways i didn't want to argue when the called back to tell me that the charges were legit so i told them i would return the machine and that i didn't want it. then the lady got indignant and said that if i didn't pay for the machine that they would put it on my credit as being an unpaid debit and it would go to a collection agency. i have no intention of paying $700 for a machine i can get off the internet for $200. what the hell can i do in this situation and where do i go to report Roberts Home Medical for what seems to be bullying?

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/photoplo...ull_finger.gif
"Ready your breakfast and eat hearty, for tonight we dine in HELL"

Last edited by R6speed; May 12, 2008 at 07:53 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to R6speed Send a message via AIM to R6speed  
Unread
  (#2)
Brainwash Your Face!

May 12, 2008, 08:17 PM

Was any of this through your health insurance?

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

May 13, 2008, 03:29 AM

yeah it was all through my health insurance.

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to R6speed Send a message via AIM to R6speed  
Unread
  (#4)
<-Insert Witty Quip Here.

May 13, 2008, 05:50 AM

*To the best of my knowledge* medical services cannot be reported to the credit bureaus. I have a several bills that were not paid for medical stuff, one thing or another. I routinely check my credit and have yet to see anything. My ex used to work in insurance and told me that little bit of information which has saved me a bit of money. But again, I'm not 100% on that.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to BadAssMother4k  
Unread
  (#5)
Pleased to meet me

May 13, 2008, 06:57 AM

Forget the $700. You're alive!
Unread
  (#6)
need more knee down

May 13, 2008, 07:01 AM

I am in the process of getting a CPAP machine as well. Please keep us updated.

Have you talked to your insurance yet about this?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to LVegaJr Send a message via AIM to LVegaJr Send a message via Skype™ to LVegaJr 
Unread
  (#7)
Retired to most ...

May 13, 2008, 07:07 AM

Seems to me if you had that agreement when you first purchased the machine you should have some type of paper work to that effect. If not I would be contacting my insurance company and try 1 time to resolve the issue before I contacted my lawyer and filed suit against the insurance company.

These companies love to intimidate and attempt to play hard ball.

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#8)
need more knee down

May 13, 2008, 07:22 AM

issue is that there was no real "agreement". An associate told him he was covered and left it at that. It is a good point to always verify all work is covered with your insurance company before approving anything. My doctors office has actually gone to 3 local suppliers (Robert's being one of them) to get me a CPAP machine that is covered under my insurance. FYI Robert's was not under my insurance's network and only covered 70% instead of 95% for an in-network supplier.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to LVegaJr Send a message via AIM to LVegaJr Send a message via Skype™ to LVegaJr 
Unread
  (#9)
Nothing here

May 13, 2008, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssMother4k
*To the best of my knowledge* medical services cannot be reported to the credit bureaus. I have a several bills that were not paid for medical stuff, one thing or another. I routinely check my credit and have yet to see anything. My ex used to work in insurance and told me that little bit of information which has saved me a bit of money. But again, I'm not 100% on that.
In a word.... Hellzmuddafugginwayoffbasewrong!

To elaborate, they can't put medical information on your report, but they CAN put a judgement on your ass if you don't pay it or have your insurance pay it.
Unread
  (#10)
<-Insert Witty Quip Here.

May 13, 2008, 07:51 AM

If you say so, but I've never had a problem. Probably cause their charges are BS half the time and they know it...
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to BadAssMother4k  
Unread
  (#11)
GP Champ

May 13, 2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForceEng
issue is that there was no real "agreement". An associate told him he was covered and left it at that. It is a good point to always verify all work is covered with your insurance company before approving anything. My doctors office has actually gone to 3 local suppliers (Robert's being one of them) to get me a CPAP machine that is covered under my insurance. FYI Robert's was not under my insurance's network and only covered 70% instead of 95% for an in-network supplier.
if i were you i would just order it off the internet. the one i am getting doesn't have a humidifier, but i don't use the humidifier on the one i have anyway. if you are getting a BiPAP machine those can cost as much as $6000.00 and you can't get a cheap one at all. the mask and hose end up being about $100.00 and then you can get a cheap CPAP for $200. that is WAY less than the $749.10 they were trying to charge me. also you have to decide what kind of mask you want. they are all uncomfortable but you get used to it!

i did talk to my insurance company and basicly they said that if i could prove that i returned the machine then they would take it off of my deductable and i would have paid 0 of my $1000 deductable. however they also said that if Roberts decided to come after me that my insurance company would do nothing about that and i am on my own. personally i am getting sick of people trying to screw me!

Also i sent them a link to this thread and I got a call back today saying that they would accept the machine back and would take it off the insurance. so now everything is cleared up and i am just going to buy a cheap one.

so now everything is settled, i am going to get a cheap machine and i also don't have to worry about my credit!

Last edited by R6speed; May 13, 2008 at 06:01 PM..
Unread
  (#12)
GP Champ

May 13, 2008, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madali
In a word.... Hellzmuddafugginwayoffbasewrong!

To elaborate, they can't put medical information on your report, but they CAN put a judgement on your ass if you don't pay it or have your insurance pay it.
my brother has done the same thing and so far nothing has happened and it has been about 8 years. is there a statue of limitations on this kind of thing?