DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 682
3 members and 679 guests
2blueyam, GRN96WS6, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Local tire shop recommendations for a truck?
Unread
  (#1)
GP Racer

Question Local tire shop recommendations for a truck? - July 27, 2013, 08:14 AM

I usually buy tires online but I'm interested in checking out some good local sources too. I'm specifically looking for a set (4) of truck tires in 285/75/16. Right now I've got 37x12.50x17 Goodyear MTRs but I plan to pull my trailer a bit this year and next year. With that in mind, I'm looking for something a little less aggressive, like an A/T.

Do you all have any recommendations for a place in NoVA that has Tire Rack or Discount Tire-like prices? I have a Costco membership but they will only mount stock tire sizes.

Thanks!

-Nate
'15 R1200GS
'13 HP4
'08 YZF-R6
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
I use my turn signal

July 27, 2013, 02:56 PM

I work in the Costco tire center at Leesburg. If you go in to order tires and tell them you know what you are doing and do not want to run the stock size tires we will do it. You just might have to sign something stating you were aware they aren't the stock size tires and things can happen like your speedometer being off, etc. We do it all the time. You just have to basically give the OK on it. Just the other day we had 2 big trucks come in running a wider and taller tire and we had to mount them and lower the truck off the lift to check for clearance issues.

I know this sounds bias but I have friends who work at other places like Merchants or other shops and I think we truly have the best customer service. It's free rotation and rebalances for the life of the tire. Free flat repair if you get a nail or something. Also if you get a nail too close to the sidewall and it's not repairable then we cover the cost of a new tire on a prorated amount based on how much tread life is left. People have came in with a blowout from nailing a curb 3,000 miles after getting new tires installed and we have given them a brand new tire for like 12 bucks. Also if there are any issues like manufacturer defects they are covered. Costco's policies are very strict and we absolutely do everything the correct way and never cut corners. I know tire shops who have had troubles balancing wheels on big trucks and left them not perfectly zero'd out because in reality you aren't going to feel it anyway. We would get in a lot of trouble.

2005 Kawasaki ZX6R (636)
1973 Honda CB350F
1981 BMW R65
Unread
  (#3)
GP Racer

July 27, 2013, 03:05 PM

I would LOVE to get them done at Costco. You are not being biased.. they really do have the best service. I guess I need to stop by and get this taken care of! Thanks for posting up.

-Nate
'15 R1200GS
'13 HP4
'08 YZF-R6