DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 581
4 members and 577 guests
GRN96WS6, hokie, HotRod1200, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Location of which Springfield the Simpsons are from revealed!
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

Location of which Springfield the Simpsons are from revealed! - April 11, 2012, 10:02 AM

“Simpsons” fans got the answer to a long-debated question about the 22-year-old animated TV show starring Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie: Where the heck is Springfield? The “Anytown, USA” city could be in almost any state of the union, from Maine, to Ohio, to Vermont, to Virginia.
But it turns out, the show’s town is named for (drum roll) Springfield, Oregon. Oregon! The creator of the cartoon, Matt Groening, revealed the location in an interview with Smithsonian magazine.
Immediately, the Web exploded, and Matt Groening became a trending topic on Twitter, with comments flying. Eli Braden tweeted, “No wonder we never see them pumping their own gas.” Ubersocial crowed, “Eat my shorts, Illinois!” The Oregonian piled on: “Better luck next time Ohio, Mass., Illinois, Missouri, etc.”
In the interview, the 58-year-old recounted that he had named the town after the TV show “Father Knows Best,” which took place in a town called Springfield. Groening figured it was near where he grew up in Portland, Oregon (which, now that we think about it, was a huge hint).

The "Life in Hell" creator told the magazine, “When I grew up, I realized it was just a fictitious name. I also figured out that Springfield was one of the most common names for a city in the U.S. In anticipation of the success of the show, I thought, ‘This will be cool; everyone will think it’s their Springfield.’ And they do.” Or, they did.
When asked why he never spoke of the real town before, he explained, “I don’t want to ruin it for people, you know? Whenever people say it’s Springfield, Ohio, or Springfield, Massachusetts, or Springfield, wherever, I always go, ‘Yup, that’s right.’" But now we know, it’s not.

'Simpsons' Springfield Location Revealed - Yahoo! TV
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Your Ad Here

April 11, 2012, 11:23 AM

Dear Matt -

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
TPG og

April 11, 2012, 01:11 PM

West coast?!?! Bullshiz. For how messed up Springfield is, it oughta be in Maryland.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st