DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 556
2 members and 554 guests
Scot, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#151)
GP Champ

December 24, 2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangle View Post
I'm just wondering how you reload that fast. (Serious question...)

He doesn't. That is why he is pissed at me. I called him on his BS statement and he did not like that.

Duc, you shoot a lot and are involved in firearms training (I assume). That lends credibility to your opinion on firearm related matters. Regardless of your background, you still have to back up what you say. Give a reason that all those manufacturers are "garbage". To say, "Well I am a superstud so just trust me." does not cut it. Then when you make an outrageous claim, which you now retracted, that takes any credibility away from you.

Any opinion I offer, I will back it up with why I believe I am correct. Feel free to offer a differing viewpoint. That is what a forum is for, a discussion, not a temple to worship your e-penis. If I am shown to be wrong, I will man up and admit it. I don't go delete my post and pretend it never happened and then act all victimized.

Quit acting like a petulant little school girl that got pushed down in the mud.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#152)
One and Only

December 24, 2008, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUC999 View Post
For now on all net members should direct all weapon questions to you cause you are the know it all of guns. Dude you are the biggest loser on this board. All you are is a baby sitter for adults in lock up that wears a uniform and dreams of being a operator another wanna be deputy. Good job trying to cut me down on here it didnt work. Why you think your not welcome on .net ... cause your a fool. Carry on. BTW change your user name to GO GO DANCER its more fitting.

Wow, dude.

For being such a badass "operator," you're certainly not very well in control of your emotions.

You do realize this thread isn't about COD4?

Right up the 1 hole.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Cloaca  
Unread
  (#153)
unapologetic

December 24, 2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
Wow, dude.

For being such a badass "operator," you're certainly not very well in control of your emotions.

You do realize this thread isn't about COD4?
And I never worked with or met an "operator" that bragged about it or tried to ridicule someone else (regardless of being just in law enforcement or not) for just trying to help with a topic they might be able to add information to either. If he handles e-confrontation like this I wonder how he handles getting his hands a little wet?

Go-Go, good on you for trying to get good descriptive info based on your experience to the masses that asked. DUC, if you really dislike the brands or models that were described, try and explain how and why they failed you and in what type of capacity. Although it may be hard to believe, there are bunch of people that visit, lurk and observe and you might actually help them out by being more descriptive in your assessments. Just saying it sucks and then personally attacking people who use what you are trashing on a regular basis or have used it in the past is a hard wall to climb, you know? Besides, if you didn't remain a man of mystery, you might just find it easier for people to ask questions you might be able to really help with. Try it out, you might be surprised. Just a thought.

"ride on #47, ride on"

on the internet you can be anyone you want, it's strange that so many people choose to be so stupid
Unread
  (#154)
GP Champ

December 24, 2008, 11:45 AM

Wow. A guy named Hollywood is the voice of reason!

(just kidding Chris, nicely put)

Talk nerdy to me

It's not how many times you get knocked down,
it's how many times you get back up!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#155)
Like a clown car on fire

December 24, 2008, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangle View Post
I'm just wondering how you reload that fast. (Serious question...)
My theory involves helper monkeys and a LOT of bananas. (not serious answer...)

-Chloroform-
For when she doesn't know she wants it.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Thwack  
Unread
  (#156)
Meh

December 25, 2008, 12:50 AM

I am confused...? Where did Duc claim to be an operator?
Unread
  (#157)
Officially Addicted to Posting

December 25, 2008, 08:09 PM

Made a few small mods to the Glock today:

1. Replaced the backplate and slapped on a clipdraw (http://www.clipdraw.com/store/index....on=show_detail).

2. Replaced the factory, plastic guide rod with a heavier tungsten rod and new spring.

3. Replaced the factory trigger connector (5.5lb pull) with a 3.5 lb connector. Ive heard mixed reviews about this so figured what the hell. If I find I like the heavier 5.5 pull better I can just swap them back out.

My Trueglo tritium/fiber night sights should be in tomorrow
Unread
  (#158)
Super Moderator

December 25, 2008, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG40cal View Post

1. Replaced the backplate and slapped on a clipdraw (http://www.clipdraw.com/store/index....on=show_detail).

2. Replaced the factory, plastic guide rod with a heavier tungsten rod and new spring.

3. Replaced the factory trigger connector (5.5lb pull) with a 3.5 lb connector. Ive heard mixed reviews about this so figured what the hell. If I find I like the heavier 5.5 pull better I can just swap them back out.

5.5lb pull is light enough. Id be interested in how the 3 1/2 pull feels like. Im already quick on the trigger as it is...

The clipdraw...Eh...Not a big fam of in the pants holsters. It squeezes too hard into me...Hopefully the pressure wont crack the backplate. WHich Glock do you have? I just use a blackhawk paddle holster and it does just fine

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#159)

December 25, 2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion9R View Post
5.5lb pull is light enough. Id be interested in how the 3 1/2 pull feels like. Im already quick on the trigger as it is...

The clipdraw...Eh...Not a big fam of in the pants holsters. It squeezes too hard into me...Hopefully the pressure wont crack the backplate. WHich Glock do you have? I just use a blackhawk paddle holster and it does just fine
Im actually thinking about getting a full, drop-in kit. You can adjust the pull from 3.5 all the way down to 2lbs! The reason I want this though is because you can cut the reset distance in half. Also, the trigger safety is smooth and twice the width of stock...much better feel on the finger.

Ive tried a few different IWB holsters for my 23 and honestly, I like the clipdraw the best. There is nothing to it...it feels like just tucking the bare pistol inside your waistband. I was pleasantly surprised to see that there is enough tension on the clip that the gun stays put.
Unread
  (#160)

December 25, 2008, 09:24 PM

Or...just send to over to Aro-Tek and get it back looking like this:

Unread
  (#161)
Super Moderator

December 25, 2008, 10:44 PM

Uh Nah... DOesnt the muzzle flash coming out of the top holes pretty much render your night sights useless? Im sure my eyesight would take a second or two to adjust back from the flash...

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#162)

December 25, 2008, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Uh Nah... DOesnt the muzzle flash coming out of the top holes pretty much render your night sights useless?
Haha! Yeah. I was just messin around. I was actually thinking about using it to light my smokes.
Unread
  (#163)
BE ENCOURAGED!

December 26, 2008, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Uh Nah... DOesnt the muzzle flash coming out of the top holes pretty much render your night sights useless? Im sure my eyesight would take a second or two to adjust back from the flash...
Actually the Night Sites are just a backup in case the battery in the laser sites fail. Then in failed laser low light rapid fire situation you would acquire a two handed long arm stance and would take a one eye target site in, alternating closing the right and left eye on each shot, until the enemy has been eliminated or you can take cover and pull your back up weapon.

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#164)
GP Champ

December 26, 2008, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG40cal View Post

I heard complaints years ago about the clipdraws rusting, so it might be worth hitting it with some Duracoat if they did not change the factory coating.

I tried a Harrts recoil reducer in my G22. I did not notice a reduction in recoil, but the sights did drop back on target quicker. I have since taken it out since it would not function reliably after adding a Gemtech. So if anyone with a full size Glock is interested in it, I have it sitting around.

All my Glocks have the 3.5# connector. It is not a night and day difference in how light the trigger is, to me anyway, but it does reduce the stacking when you are taking a tight shot.
Unread
  (#165)
BE ENCOURAGED!

December 26, 2008, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoGadget View Post
I tried a Harrts recoil reducer in my G22. I did not notice a reduction in recoil, but the sights did drop back on target quicker. I have since taken it out since it would not function reliably after adding a Gemtech. So if anyone with a full size Glock is interested in it, I have it sitting around.
This is meant as a serious question and not a dig or a debate. I am curious since I have never tried a recoil reducer, if you didn't notice a reduction in recoil then what do you feel the reason for it dropping back on target quicker was? Aren't they one in the same? I have a full size G22 and I may like to get that from you. How much $ are you looking for? I am real curious to try it now

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ